PDA

View Full Version : Head RIP Control

Head_Rocketman
07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
I want to hybrid a string with natural gut mains. I've mostly considered Prince and Babolat natural guts, but I then came upon Head RIP Control, and it is said to be very soft with very good durability. What other strings are similar to the ones previously mentioned and would be better?

tlm
07-10-2006, 07:36 PM
I have used rip control with gut,it helps tame the power of gut.But it does not hold tension well+it is dead feeling.

I would strongly advise gama tnt2 proplus in 17g. as a cross with gut,it plays sweet!

ears
07-11-2006, 11:05 AM
I tried Rip Control a few weeks ago as a full up job and was not too impressed. Not the worst string I've tried, just nothing special. It was muted and arm friendly, but it didn't give any satisfying response to changes in hitting power. It lost tension quickly and I cut it out before it began to fray.

My favorite cross string at the moment is OG Sheep 17 off a reel. It feels great, it's almost free, and it will cut your gut restringing price in half. I've never had a problem with durability, but I'm not the biggest hitter in the world, and I prefer to restring after 8-12 sets anyway. Maybe a soft poly like Polyon SP or SSSP in the crosses will be more durable and tame gut's power a little. Good luck.

buder
07-11-2006, 11:08 AM
isospeed pro 17. very similar to RIP but more pop.