PDA

View Full Version : BB ALU rough Pic?

Catalyst
07-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Anyone have a picture up close of the texture on these strings? I've been a big fan of regular Prince Syn Gut strings, but I'm contemplating getting a stringing machine since I've been breaking strings like it's my job. And I'm not sure what kind of strings I'd like to get. Right now, I have the

BB ALU rough
Gosen OG micro Sheep

on my list. I also noticed that there are multiple version of the Gosen string, which is the wise-est choice?

note: I break 17g strings a lot, but since switching to 16g, they last a little longer.

snoflewis
07-10-2006, 12:54 PM
the best value gosen strings would be the OG micro and polylon (both $30 for 660' reels). as for alupower rough, i dont find it to be textured much at all. as for the pic, go here:

http://string forum.net/gallery.php?show=28 (delete the space)

diredesire
07-10-2006, 02:14 PM
That's a bit TOO close up for an accurate representation of that string... it just looks like little indents rather than huge chunks cut out of the string ;)

It's pretty subtle, that roughness

looseswing
07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm sorry for this, but I did not want to start another thread about ALU rough. I was just wondering how long will the tension last on ALU rough as I am not a chronic string breaker but had my racquet strung with it in order to get some more bite on my shots.

Also how obvious will it be if it does lose tension before I have broken it? What will it feel like?

jak914
07-10-2006, 07:57 PM
there really is not much of a difference if you have the rough or the regular. the indents are so small i cant think it actually makes a difference. maybe the slightest one but nothing signifigant.