PDA

View Full Version : Best shoe for wide feet?

h34d
07-10-2006, 07:53 PM
what shoes are recommended for wide feet im also looking for shoes that are comfortable and also comes with warranty

HotShotEd
07-11-2006, 08:37 AM
what shoes are recommended for wide feet im also looking for shoes that are comfortable and also comes with warranty

Try Prince T-9 Roadster, comes with a six month durability warranty, I bet you'll love it!

cghipp
07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I was going to say the same. I just got the Prince T-9 Roadsters after giving up on New Balance. They're very stable, too. I tend to supinate, and I haven't even almost rolled an ankle with these shoes, which is a lot more than I could say for my supposedly stable New Balance shoes. My little toe is especially happy with these shoes; they were getting murdered before, even with wide sizes.

Gaines Hillix
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
I wear New Balance 820's in a EE width and have had no issues with them.

kreative
07-11-2006, 10:36 AM
i like the reebok match day pumps; extremely comfy, and roomy toebox

mctennis
07-11-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm looking for the same thing. I just bought a new pair of Reebok and and I do not think they have as good of cushioning as I wished or thought they should have. I loved my Nike Max Persistance but they were too narrow for my new orthotics. If you find some H34D PLEASE email me. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. mctennis@excite.com

Marat Safinator
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
barricade 4s are very comfortable. adidas feathers are pretty light on your feet and comfy too.

jaykay
07-11-2006, 03:49 PM
barricade 4s are very comfortable. adidas feathers are pretty light on your feet and comfy too.

Barricade IV's are DEFLY NOT for wide feet. Barricades are meant for narrow to normal width.

godot
07-11-2006, 06:30 PM
New Balance 1001 or 980 (i have bunions on both toes). 980 is actually a cross training, but it's quite stable and it uses mesh, so more comfy yet light.

jonolau
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I have got extremely broad feet and always have the same problem as you. However, I recently bought a pair of Nike Air Breathe 3 and my feet have never been more thankful ... there's also a great amount of cushioning for the front sole which absorbs impact really well. Stability is also good and no problems with rolling ankles.

As with all shoes, they will usually stretch to optimal width by the 3rd outing, so you may have to bear with some discomfort initially. Do not make the mistake of buying one slightly loose as you will find that your feet swimming in it after 3 outings.

erdoc
07-12-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm a wide foot kind of guy and always find an abundance of wide models in New Balance. I just picked up a pair of Yonex shoes from the liquidation section of TW as the shoe info read "roomy toe box". Love these shoes.