PDA

View Full Version : New Balance Cushioning vs Reebok Cushioning

tonysk83
07-10-2006, 09:54 PM
My right leg has been sore after tennis mainly because of a bad bad ankle sprain and knee surgery. I am still conditioning my right knee and ankle since the knee is at about 80% strength and my ankle is strong, but still alittle stiff and not as strong as my left. It is stupid for me to use shoes that aren't well cushioned though. Right now I have BF IIs which I love but are pretty light, low to the ground shoes that don't offer too much cushion.

So basically I have settled on the New Balance CT 1001 or the Reebok MDP's. MDP's I have heard have great cushioning but are heavy which I can deal with. The CT 1001's I haevn't heard much about, but New Balance is well known from well cushioned shoes. I probably will buy new insoles for them, but out of the box, which will be better overall for cushioning. Stability isn't a big deal for me since I wear ankle braces most of the time.

kreative
07-11-2006, 11:50 AM
i've only tried the new balance ct1000's, so can't really comment on the 1001's, but i assume they're similar. both the new balances and the mdp's have good cushioning. if you don't mind the weight, i'd go w/ the mpd's.