PDA

View Full Version : What should i use timo 1.10 for?

brucie
07-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Im getting 1 set of timo to test. Dont know why i chose the thinnest but i did so i guess mains are out of the question may use in crosses. Whats it like on its own, and as my arm is quite a delicate thing, but i string at 54 already.

Any suggestions from Timo users or knowledgable people i have tschnifibre syn gut to mix it with but should i use something else, i want another reel anyhow so reccomedations welcome. Nothing crazy though as i break strings in 2 weeks maximum.

dbcontrol
07-11-2006, 06:12 AM
I just broke my timo 1.10 that I had strung at 54lbs in my bab pure control std after about 2 weeks of hitting. I very much enjoyed this string. Strung at this low tension there was sufficient power but the control and spin I found from this string was outstanding. I would highly recommend it even installed alone without a syn gut in the crosses. I too have suffered arm pain in the past and, taking into account the stiffness of my frame, I was pleasantly surprised to free of any discomfort after hitting with timo at 54lbs. Happy hitting!

brucie
07-11-2006, 06:56 AM
I just broke my timo 1.10 that I had strung at 54lbs in my bab pure control std after about 2 weeks of hitting. I very much enjoyed this string. Strung at this low tension there was sufficient power but the control and spin I found from this string was outstanding. I would highly recommend it even installed alone without a syn gut in the crosses. I too have suffered arm pain in the past and, taking into account the stiffness of my frame, I was pleasantly surprised to free of any discomfort after hitting with timo at 54lbs. Happy hitting!

May drop it to 52 an all time low, considering 3mths ago i used 59! Anyhow ill use it all on its own then, cool!

Gaines Hillix
07-11-2006, 08:02 AM
TiMo is the only string I've ever used that gave me a sore elbow. I use ALU Power 16L all the time with no problem, but not TiMo. Drop it 10-15% below your normal tension. If you want to use it in a hyrid, I'd use it in the mains for the extra spin potential.

brucie
07-11-2006, 01:57 PM
TiMo is the only string I've ever used that gave me a sore elbow. I use ALU Power 16L all the time with no problem, but not TiMo. Drop it 10-15% below your normal tension. If you want to use it in a hyrid, I'd use it in the mains for the extra spin potential.
Itll die in mains try 50 then?

Radical Shot
07-11-2006, 07:49 PM
TiMo is great for stringing up your tomatoes and other vegies. It's strength and resilience to weather makes it ideal for the job

.. it's also adequate for use in a tennis racquet.

Actually, it's one of my favourite strings, but it is harsh as commonly noted.

dbcontrol
07-11-2006, 07:58 PM
I didn't find timo to be any more harsh than alu power rough 16L, both strung at 54lbs, however it seems that the majority of this board's posters would disagree ;)

brucie
07-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Well i have cyberblade too thats right isnt it cant be bothered to check, its Toalson 1.27 Gosen OG SHeep some Gosen hard poly rough stuff not using that its wire! and Technifibre Syn gut so a mix is possible but i dint know if i will yet anyway as i now do ill string it low!