PDA

View Full Version : How to remove a broken string

blue03
07-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Is there any spesific way to remove a broken string from a racquet? For example, if my string break in the middle of the racquet, (or in other cases left or maybe right) where should i cut the rest of the other strings? the mains or crossess first? left or right? top or bottom?

Because i heard that if not done correctly, it will shorten the racquet lifespan.

please guide me.

kicker75
07-11-2006, 07:03 AM
I just start cutting in the middle. Shouldn't warp the racquet if you do it quickly.

chrisplchs
07-11-2006, 07:13 AM
alternate between mains and crosses, cut only one string at a time and start from the middle and fan out

fishuuuuu
07-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Real men do it with their teeth.

brucie
07-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Ive heard you go diagonally from corner to corner, not that i do that i cant be bothered just whack all of cross/main out then all the other!

Gaines Hillix
07-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Start in the middle and cut a main and a cross together. Then work diagonally alternating from top to bottom until you've run out of room. Then cut one cross and one main until you're finished. Depending on the pattern, there may be more crosses than mains left, but you can just go ahead and cut them once there are no more mains to do.

diredesire
07-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Start in the middle and cut a main and a cross together. Then work diagonally alternating from top to bottom until you've run out of room. Then cut one cross and one main until you're finished. Depending on the pattern, there may be more crosses than mains left, but you can just go ahead and cut them once there are no more mains to do.

Yeah, the other correct way is to "spiral" outwards, cutting a main, cross, main, cross, alternating outwards from the center in a "spiral" of sorts. I prefer this over diagonal, maily because the string segments are more uniform, and they stay int he trash can more easily.