PDA

View Full Version : If switching from full ALU to ALU/Gut hybrid, what tensions to use for same power?

monologuist
07-11-2006, 09:45 AM
If I like the way a Babolat Pure Drive plays with a monofilament synthetic gut @ 60 lbs., my understanding is that if I were to switch to Luxilon ALU, I should string at 54 lbs. (10% less) to get the same level of power.

But what if I use a natural gut for the crosses? Should I string the ALU at 54 lbs still, but string the gut crosses higher (still at 60 lbs., let's say) to compensate for the greater power? Or should I raise the tension of both the ALU mains and the gut crosses higher than 54 lbs.?

bsandy
07-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Raise just the gut by 10%

Ripper
07-11-2006, 01:24 PM
If I like the way a Babolat Pure Drive plays with a monofilament synthetic gut @ 60 lbs., my understanding is that if I were to switch to Luxilon ALU, I should string at 54 lbs. (10% less) to get the same level of power.

But what if I use a natural gut for the crosses? Should I string the ALU at 54 lbs still, but string the gut crosses higher (still at 60 lbs., let's say) to compensate for the greater power? Or should I raise the tension of both the ALU mains and the gut crosses higher than 54 lbs.?

This is how you could do it: Alu @ 56 and gut @ 58.