PDA

View Full Version : shoes

Young Gun
07-11-2006, 05:54 PM
when u play on hardcourt u dont neccesarily need shoes with good traction do u becoz the court would be gripping enough, i remember at this years Aus Open they were interviewing a player and he said that he likes to wear down the soles a little before playing on the rebound ace because u dont need that much grip, have any of you found this to be true, and also how many pairs of shoes do you own for tennis

Young Gun
07-12-2006, 10:48 PM
no-one?..........

raftermania
07-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Don't wear cleats. Anything else goes.

brucie
07-13-2006, 02:52 PM
when u play on hardcourt u dont neccesarily need shoes with good traction do u becoz the court would be gripping enough, i remember at this years Aus Open they were interviewing a player and he said that he likes to wear down the soles a little before playing on the rebound ace because u dont need that much grip, have any of you found this to be true, and also how many pairs of shoes do you own for tennis

Well good grip helps in wet!

As for shoes I have 3 pairs
Adidas barricade 3
Adidas barricade 4
K-Swiss Stabilor

also
K-Swiss Defier
Wilon Prostaff extreme

I dont wear these 2 often though!

raftermania
07-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Don't play in the rain. **** your strings up.

jonolau
07-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Don't play in the rain. **** your strings up.
After a hard week working, and when it starts drizzling on the only opportunity to play, I'll still pound the courts! Good traction then plays an important role ...

jonolau
07-13-2006, 10:38 PM
I own 3 pairs of shoes as it's humid where I live, and rains occasionally. So, my shoes either get damp from rain or perspiration. I always make sure it dries out properly before using it as it will prolong the life of the shoe. If you use it whilst still damp, the upper is softened by the moisture and is easier to rip with heavy pounding and jerky stop-starts.

In the long run, your knees and ankles will thank you for not scrimping on good grip as it will prevent brainless injuries from sprains and twisting.