PDA

View Full Version : Volkl V-Engine 9

tennisman
02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Has anyone seen the Demo version of this racquet? omfreakishgosh. it is dead sexy. its all black, similar to the look of the prince experimental, except witht he v-engine... now only if i could get my hands on one..

Dedans Penthouse
02-20-2004, 05:46 AM
I have played with a prototype of the V-Engine 9 and the graphics WERE very nice --- glossy black and silver/grey. Unfortunately, the "launched" models aren't as sleek in the looks department since Volkl has but some multi-colored confetti graphics on the frame. Though "taste" is personal, I really wished they'd stayed with the simple black and silver cosmetics of the prototype.

babar
02-20-2004, 05:57 AM
I saw the racquet yesterday at a local pro shop. I couldn't stop caressing the frame :oops:

I loved the paint job on the Tour 10 V-engine more than the tour 9 v-engine, but I probably can't handle the flexible 10 v-engine, so i am going to demo the tour 9 this weekend.

I hope it plays as well as it looks :D

Michael Musok
02-25-2004, 06:52 AM
OK babar - You said you were going to demo the Tour 9 V over the weekend. C'mon and give us Volkl addicts a little something to chew on here, what did you think?

babar
02-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Michael,

I liked the way it played. It was very easy swinging, but felt a little too stiff. It could be the frame was strung with Volkl Power Fibre 16g at the max tension. I usually like the tension around the mid to low 50s. I did not feel the v-engine effect in this racquet in terms of more power and feel b/c of longer mains. It was quite stable for around an 11.5 oz frame. It does look great though. Overall, with the exception of the looks, it did not feel outstanding, just okay. Sorry to disappoint.