PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Klip Zyex 16 or 17? String Movement? Tennis Elbow Avoidance?

BethanyBeachBum
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Anybody have experience hitting with Klip Zyex 16 or 17?

It is a multi-filament string which is supposed to have similar playability to natural gut but with the added strength of a synthetic fiber, Zyex. Any thoughts or experience is appreciated!

With a majority of the strings that I have tried I constantly struggle with string movement after a just a couple of sets of play due to a preponderance to hit with top spin. Any recommendations on strings that resist movement other than polyester?

Currently hitting with a Dunlop m-Fil 300 strung with Klip Syn Gut Ultra-Fibre 16 at 62 lbs.

A large number of pros hit with Luxilon polyester varieties. How are they avoiding the constant hazard of tennis elbow that is evident from hitting with polyester strings? Is it just a matter of strengthening the arm?

Kevo
07-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Klip Zyex is an excellent string. Movement wise, it's not bad as long as you don't string it too loose. It is quite comfortable, and is probably in the top 5 of my favorite strings. The 17g is awesome, and I would play it all the time if it wasn't for the fact that it's kind of pricey for someone who breaks strings a lot. It is durable for a 17g multi, but it doesn't quite las two weeks for me so I went to Cyberflash 17g. Cyberflash is a comfortable poly if your interested in trying poly at all. It makes a good hybrid too.

counterpuncher
07-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Any recommendations on strings that resist movement other than polyester?

Constant quest for me also. The two best that I have found are Isospeed Professional and Yonex 850 Pro. Do a search, as much has been written about these.