PDA

View Full Version : Andy's worse coach

MasterTS
07-12-2006, 01:31 PM
I think its his brother.. No place for John Roddick to be in professional tennis.

Bogie
07-12-2006, 01:39 PM
dean goldfine got him started on his downhill run. john roddick is pulling him further down.

sandiegotennisboy
07-12-2006, 04:08 PM
dont blame the coach, blame the player. roddick just sux like a 42nd st hooker.

tarheels2323
07-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Definitely John Roddick. I'm not sure how much he knows about tennis, but I know that it's not enough when looking at Roddick's recent results. I'm not putting all the blame on John, but it's a coach's job to stand by a player and find those little tweaks which raises the level of their game.

Soundbyte
07-12-2006, 05:10 PM
If Im not mistaken, John Roddick, during his ATP playing days, peaked at somewhere around 700 in the world or less. If Andy's sticks with his brother, Andy will quickly find himself in his brother's familiar territory. (Alright, not that bad, but still)

Jon Hampton
07-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Where's Tarik Benhabiles on this list? LOL. Just kidding...I think Benhabiles took Andy as far as he could. I agree with the majority vote of John Roddick. I just don't understand how someone who coaches children can coach a professional athlete to be a top 10 ATP player.

In all honesty, I sincerely hope that John is just a temporary coach for Roddick. Because he might know Andy's game, but it doesn't seem that he's making Roddick work on his weaknesses. If anything, his volley looks worse and so does his backhand. Even his forehand doesn't like it has as much pop. Anyone else notice this?

callitout
07-12-2006, 06:57 PM
dont blame the coach, blame the player. roddick just sux like a 42nd st hooker.

you know theyve really cleaned up 42nd street over the past 10 years. Regrettably, Im not sure youll even find a hooker there anymore.

mileslong
07-12-2006, 07:54 PM
for the starter of this thread, the title should read:

Andy's Worst Coach not "worse" not to be nitpicky but thats just
horrible english, especially for the title of a thread...

FedererUberAlles
07-12-2006, 08:13 PM
for the starter of this thread, the title should read:

Andy's Worst Coach not "worse" not to be nitpicky but thats just
horrible english, especially for the title of a thread...

Oh, I love the irony.

Exile
07-12-2006, 08:40 PM
you know theyve really cleaned up 42nd street over the past 10 years. Regrettably, Im not sure youll even find a hooker there anymore.

The terrorists have won...

clayman2000
07-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Where's Tarik Benhabiles on this list? LOL. Just kidding...I think Benhabiles took Andy as far as he could. I agree with the majority vote of John Roddick. I just don't understand how someone who coaches children can coach a professional athlete to be a top 10 ATP player.

In all honesty, I sincerely hope that John is just a temporary coach for Roddick. Because he might know Andy's game, but it doesn't seem that he's making Roddick work on his weaknesses. If anything, his volley looks worse and so does his backhand. Even his forehand doesn't like it has as much pop. Anyone else notice this?
i heard somewhere that jimmy connors might work with andy in the summer...also john roddick is easily the worst....but u cant say dean goldfine brought him to his demise...in 2005 he led andy to five titles,ausie open semis and wimby final as well at being thierd at the end of the year.andys only bad results that year was rogers cup 1st round (followed it up with cincinati final) and us opne loss (won lyon)

milo
07-13-2006, 06:35 AM
his mental need to be strengthen...and maybe he miss mandy....

chiru
07-13-2006, 06:59 AM
andy needs to stop switching coaches ever like 5 minutes, maybe if a coach got to know him and his game over time they could work on stuff. i think andy's best coach ever was the little guy inside his head that told him not to be a ***** and play aggressive (for argument's sake, lets call him andy mojo). mojo is the guy that had roddick hit huge serves, and then hit his forehand with monstrous power. mojo is the guy that had roddick hit backhands with authority and power and stepping into them. mojo is the guy that had andy run faster than hes ever ran on court. so the question is, have you seen andy's mojo?

mileslong
07-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Oh, I love the irony.
whats ironic about that?

rommil
07-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Andy himself.

helloworld
07-13-2006, 08:09 AM
I think Roddick's childhood coach is the one responsible for creating this one dimensional tennis hulk.

MasterTS
07-13-2006, 10:47 AM
John Roddick coaching Andy is like my highschool basketball coach working with the Lakers... what a joke.

ta11geese3
07-13-2006, 02:04 PM
You know, I recall andy saying that he and his brother spent some time watching some old videos of andy, seeing and he used to play and stuff... that's what you guys wanted, right??

soundofatrain
07-13-2006, 07:25 PM
I don't understand why Andy keeps hiring these nobodies as his coach. Never heard of Dean Goldfine before Andy hired him.