PDA

View Full Version : Serena Coming back and Cincinnati

JRstriker12
07-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Wow! Looks like Serena will play her first match back on the WTA at Cinci.

http://www.tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=35226

I hope she's been working hard to get her fitness to a high level and get her mind right about whether she wants to be a tennis star or a b-list Hollywood Star.

Either way, I'll definitely be watching to see what happens. If she gets in a groove over the next couple months, I could see her also pushing the perfromance of Venus, who seems to really want to play, but came up short and Wimbledon.

Hopefully, if she's coming back, she coming back to play seriously. If she just wants to hang around on tour and give a half-hearted effort, she should just quit.

Bones08
07-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow! Looks like Serena will play her first match back on the WTA at Cinci.

http://www.tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=35226

I hope she's been working hard to get her fitness to a high level and get her mind right about whether she wants to be a tennis star or a b-list Hollywood Star.

Either way, I'll definitely be watching to see what happens. If she gets in a groove over the next couple months, I could see her also pushing the perfromance of Venus, who seems to really want to play, but came up short and Wimbledon.

Hopefully, if she's coming back, she coming back to play seriously. If she just wants to hang around on tour and give a half-hearted effort, she should just quit.

Good Read! I must say, the weight is way down since Austraila, If you type her name in Getty Images, you will see she has lost a lot of weight. She needs to translate that to her tennis! She needs to stan on that baseline and take the ball early and powerful like she used to, she needs to run and challenge for every shot, and she needs to start jumping into her serve again. If Serena does at least 2 of those, she will hold any Grand Slam title she sets her mind too.

i.Radical
07-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Good to see. I agree with both of your points, I think she should be putting everything into this comeback and she has the ability.

Shabazza
07-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Good Read! I must say, the weight is way down since Austraila, If you type her name in Getty Images, you will see she has lost a lot of weight. She needs to translate that to her tennis! She needs to stan on that baseline and take the ball early and powerful like she used to, she needs to run and challenge for every shot, and she needs to start jumping into her serve again. If Serena does at least 2 of those, she will hold any Grand Slam title she sets her mind too.
I'm not so sure about that!

Bones08
07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm not so sure about that!

Well, I know she can hold US Open,AO,and Wimbeldon- the Frech to me would be the hardest to win again, but if she's fit and eager then it's a task that she can complete.

sandiegotennisboy
07-12-2006, 04:06 PM
shes done. she should stay off the court and retire with some dignity.

Bones08
07-12-2006, 04:10 PM
shes done. she should stay off the court and retire with some dignity.

Good One! I thought you we're serious for a second, then i realized it was just a joke because Serena is going to mop the floor with some of these girls!

mctennis
07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
I agree with SanDiego guy. Serena should quit. She has too may irons in the fire and her desire just isn't there any longer.

Bones08
07-12-2006, 04:52 PM
I guess we'll see starting Tuesday!!!!!!

Soundbyte
07-12-2006, 05:08 PM
If she put in the effort, she is easily the best women's player on tour. And had she been putting in the effort these past couple years....we'd be talking about at least a dozen Slams

Bones08
07-12-2006, 05:19 PM
If she put in the effort, she is easily the best women's player on tour. And had she been putting in the effort these past couple years....we'd be talking about at least a dozen Slams

That is true!