PDA

View Full Version : A small question about stringing services...

LazyAzN
07-12-2006, 01:50 PM
A sort of amateur question, but I would like to get it straighten out before I actually go get my racquet strung.

Since I'm doing a hybrid, and the 2 different sets I have are 40 ft long, if I give both sets to them and tell them to use 20 ft of each, will it work out?... I'm not going to string like below recommended tensions (55-65 lbs), so it should work out fine right?...

Just making sure so that the next time I go get my racquet restung with the same string, that its not too short.

snoflewis
07-12-2006, 02:46 PM
A sort of amateur question, but I would like to get it straighten out before I actually go get my racquet strung.

Since I'm doing a hybrid, and the 2 different sets I have are 40 ft long, if I give both sets to them and tell them to use 20 ft of each, will it work out?... I'm not going to string like below recommended tensions (55-65 lbs), so it should work out fine right?...

Just making sure so that the next time I go get my racquet restung with the same string, that its not too short.

depends

it all depends on what frame you're using. the headsize, string pattern, type of string, and tension determine what length string you need. in most cases, you should be fine though.

what frame are you using?

diredesire
07-12-2006, 03:34 PM
90% of the time, 20 ft (depending on string type, too, i guess) is enough for the mains and crosses. IME, mains typically take more...

Like it has been said, though, it depends on your racquet (head size and string pattern). It should be fine, though.

snoflewis
07-12-2006, 03:54 PM
on my rds001s and mp tour-1s...the mains take a few feet more than the crosses.

LazyAzN
07-12-2006, 04:50 PM
I have 2 racquets...

Head Liquidmetal Radical Midplus
Dunlop hotmelt 200G Mid

Should it work with these racquets?

diredesire
07-12-2006, 06:01 PM
You'll be cutting it close, both those racquets are dense. I would like to imagine, though, that at 40 ft, both of those racquets are doable. The only concern i would have is the composition of the main strings... If it is a poly or something stiff, chances are the string won't stretch too much. However, it shouldn't be an issue.

Crosses: no issue

Masamusou
07-12-2006, 06:39 PM
LM Radical MP takes 20' for the mains, 16.5' for the crosses.
HM200G takes 20' for the mains, 17' for the crosses.
These measurements are usually a little generous on the mains. You can probably get away with about 19' on both of these racquets if the string has some stretch to it. 20' will probably be cutting it close on poly mains though, so it will probably depend on the strings you are using.

LazyAzN
07-12-2006, 08:20 PM
My mains that I plan to use are 18 gauge babolat pro hurricanes...

snoflewis
07-12-2006, 09:04 PM
My mains that I plan to use are 18 gauge babolat pro hurricanes...

it'll probably be really close...