PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Error

tennisprofl
07-12-2006, 07:12 PM
After I tied off the mains, the last string on the mains seemed to be extremely loose and not tensioned. IT was too late for me to go back, so I finished the rest of the racket. That loose string seems better than it was, but it is still noticibly looser than the rest of the strings. is this a big deal? will this string hurt my shot when I swing at that spot or is it ok? please respond asap. thanks.

brownbearfalling
07-12-2006, 07:20 PM
I doubt that it will affect the playability of the string job too much, but I hear that some people increse the tension a few pounds to make up for the loss in tension of the last two mains. Plus I doubt that you will hit the ball in that place very much, or at all so you shouldn't worry too much about that. Hope this helps.
________
****tue (http://www.****tube.com/)

PBODY99
07-12-2006, 07:26 PM
it shouldn't matter as the outermost string isn't generally the one you use to make contact with the ball. If you are using flying clamps, try to be very careful that you clamp off properly. Raising the tension on the final mains 5% will aaalso help.

tennisprofl
07-12-2006, 07:39 PM
thanks a lot. i was mad and i thought i screwed up the string job...but it sounds like the string should be ok to play with. thanks

dancraig
07-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Some stringers think it is better for the outermost mains to be a little looser than the other mains. This is because they are shorter than the other mains and don't require the same tension to have the same stiffness/resistance.