PDA

View Full Version : Pete in Sacramento

Fee
07-12-2006, 10:51 PM
First off, I have to say that I hate everyone here at TW-Talk Tennis for brainwashing me for the last few years. There I was, a few feet away from the Greatest Male player (currently), with probably my one and only chance to speak to him, and this is the conversation that took place:

Me: Pete! Pete! Pete! (finally he turns around and gives me an odd look)
Me: What's underneath your paintjob?
Pete, the legend: Paintjob?
Me, the idiot: Yes, paintjob, on your racquet
Pete: Nothing
Me, bigger idiot: Really? That's a real nCode?
Pete, still a legend: Yep
Me, biggest idiot ever: Not too heavy?
Pete, legend: Nope
Me, global idiot: Well, excellent. Rock and Roll... (take a picture with 2 foot long lens...)

Seriously, I hate all of you, especially you racquet geeks, you ruined my life.

As for Pete, when I wasn't looking through my camera lens trying to take pictures, I saw a man who was heavier, a step slower (or two), with thinning hair, clutching his elbow, his rib cage, his shoulder, at various points during the night, spraying shots all over the place, but he is still Pete Sampras, he is the reason I loved tennis in the first place, he is a hero to me, and I had a fangirl moment while he was signing autographs for the kids and got a wee bit choked up (and the nice Capitals lady gave me one of his signed cards). 14 grand slams. A Davis Cup won on the very last dregs of his energy. His last USO title when so many had written him off, etc, etc, etc.

Heavy sigh...

I told you that you wouldn't get any serious tennis analysis out of me. I use film, so I won't have my pictures until next week. I'm going to bed...

MTChong
07-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Wow, that's excellent; I live in Elk Grove - but I've never gotten around to going to Capitals. Yesterday though, if our school beat the last time we played in this team tennis tournament style thing (boy, they were good), we could have played before capitals on the 20 something, I think. That would have been awesome.

jamauss
07-12-2006, 11:04 PM
dang it...I wish I would've known Pete was playing up there, it's only about an hour drive for me. Oh well, maybe next time.

And yeah, I still can't believe you asked him about his paint job. Nerd. :p

bdawg
07-12-2006, 11:23 PM
ever thought Pete is just lying? it's easier to say Yes than to actually tell you the truth that it's a paintjob. I would be very surprise if Wilson doens't have a contract with him, so he would have a motive for lying.

callitout
07-12-2006, 11:41 PM
ever thought Pete is just lying? it's easier to say Yes than to actually tell you the truth that it's a paintjob. I would be very surprise if Wilson doens't have a contract with him, so he would have a motive for lying.
Occam's razor: yes the simplest explanation is often one which involves a massive conspiracy. I especially like the idea of a fantastically wealthy former pro, coming back to the game he loves and sacrificing his integrity for a few dollars.

bdawg
07-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Occam's razor: yes the simplest explanation is often one which involves a massive conspiracy. I especially like the idea of a fantastically wealthy former pro, coming back to the game he loves and sacrificing his integrity for a few dollars.

Integrity? Since when does he owe the truth to the fans? He doesn't care.

In this case, the simplest method would be to lie since the fan is very unlikely to say anything afterwards, as was the case here.

By the way, these aren't a few dollars we're talking about. Now that he doens't play competitively , he doesn't care about results. The endorsement would be much more important.

In any case, this is a stupid point to argue.

HyperHorse
07-13-2006, 12:28 AM
This is the funniest thing ive read all day....
so you shook his hand and stuff?
how was his demeanor?? did he smile at all???
eagerly awaiting your reply... :-D

LoneGun
07-13-2006, 01:58 AM

In this case, the simplest method would be to lie since the fan is very unlikely to say anything afterwards, as was the case here.

By the way, these aren't a few dollars we're talking about. Now that he doens't play competitively , he doesn't care about results. The endorsement would be much more important.

Who didn't see this coming? The standard conspiring jerk who just like to conspire without any actual proof and annoy the hell out of everyone else. Yes, indeed your point is stupid and totally pointless. You are merely stating a possible scenario out of infinate number of possibilities. Anyone can do it. I can do it too, "That wasn't the real pete on the court!! Roddick dressed up as him to desperately trying to get admirers again!!"

Anyway, thanks for sharing the experience with us Fee :) Hopefully I'll have a similar experience someday.

superman1
07-13-2006, 02:17 AM
Wow, well at least you got to talk to him! If you hadn't asked that question, you wouldn't have had a mini conversation with the greatest of all time.

Marat Safinator
07-13-2006, 05:15 AM
gagagagaga1

Rabbit
07-13-2006, 05:38 AM

Wait, wait, wait! Let's put the numbers to this.....

$43,280,489 in prize money

According to Cliff Drysdale, top pros usually earn double that off the court in endorsements so, let's just say

$86,000,000 in other income

For a total of...

$129,280,489

Yeah, he's still in it for the money. Please.

The real objection I have is that Fee comes on here and posts a really nice thread about an interaction she had with Sampras and you crap all over it. You crap all over it as if it were fact, when clearly you don't have a clue.

Fee, nice to see you back and great post.

goober
07-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Maybe he did switch to a less demanding racquet. Not totally inconceivable. I would trust a pro stringer comments who actually does his racquets a little more since Pete is under contract.

bigserving
07-13-2006, 06:29 AM
You just asked him the wrong question. You should have asked him if it was an "off the shelf" NCode. I am sure that he is using a custom, Pete Sampras, Wilson made (or customized) NCode. You made it sound like you were aking him if he was really using a Babolat, or Head, or Prince frame, painted to look like a Wilson.

Just like NASCAR Drivers all actually drive real Dodge Chargers, Ford Taurus, and Olds Cutlass', and whatever other models.

norcal
07-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Nice Fee. On local radio this morning the sportsguy said Sampras singlehandedly lost the match for the Breakers, 2-5 in singles and dubs. Kinda harsh.

I'm going the 22nd and will see Vaidisova. I'll make sure to take pics for GRANITECHIEF.

Question: Would I be total wanker for showing up for this? I would love a clinic with Nicole.

July 22 Ladies Night Clinic
Attend a clinic prior to the match from 5:30 pm-6:30 pm with tennis sensation Nicole Vaidisova. Beauty samples and spa treatments will also be available. Ladies receive 2 for 1 pricing on general admission seats.

chiru
07-13-2006, 07:07 AM
lol thats funny fee, and i feel your pain, i have a bad feeling thats exactly what i would ask federer if i ever met him, actually i'd probably ask if i could have a racket, and foolishly offer to pay 180 dollars lol. not pete though, i'd ask pete if he'd get in top shape and play fed in an exhibition.

armand
07-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Haha, nice story Fee, thanks for sharing.

I woulda simply just asked him how his new racquet compares with the old one.

GRANITECHIEF
07-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Nice Fee. On local radio this morning the sportsguy said Sampras singlehandedly lost the match for the Breakers, 2-5 in singles and dubs. Kinda harsh.

I'm going the 22nd and will see Vaidisova. I'll make sure to take pics for GRANITECHIEF.

Question: Would I be total wanker for showing up for this? I would love a clinic with Nicole.

July 22 Ladies Night Clinic
Attend a clinic prior to the match from 5:30 pm-6:30 pm with tennis sensation Nicole Vaidisova. Beauty samples and spa treatments will also be available. Ladies receive 2 for 1 pricing on general admission seats.

Awesome norcal, pics would be nice. You wouldn't happen to have one of those special x-ray cameras that filter light rays reflected off clothing would you.

Answer: Not a total wanker, and you definitely won't be the only guy there, but i'm sure the ratio will be favorable.

norcal
07-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Awesome norcal, pics would be nice. You wouldn't happen to have one of those special x-ray cameras that filter light rays reflected off clothing would you.

Answer: Not a total wanker, and you definitely won't be the only guy there, but i'm sure the ratio will be favorable.
I'll take my daughter so I will seem legit. Either that I'll tell 'em I'm a pre-op tranny and sue 'em if they don't let me in.

Fee - you should go, ladies get in 2-1.

Tchocky
07-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Pete really uses the nCode Tour 90. Why would he use a paintjob? I wish you paintjob conpiracy nutjobs would stop obssessing over which racquet a player is really using.

ckthegreek
07-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Great encounter with the God of tennis, albeit a bit odd.

A story to tell for many years to come :)

bdawg
07-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Who didn't see this coming? The standard conspiring jerk who just like to conspire without any actual proof and annoy the hell out of everyone else. Yes, indeed your point is stupid and totally pointless. You are merely stating a possible scenario out of infinate number of possibilities. Anyone can do it. I can do it too, "That wasn't the real pete on the court!! Roddick dressed up as him to desperately trying to get admirers again!!"

Anyway, thanks for sharing the experience with us Fee :) Hopefully I'll have a similar experience someday.

Holy goodness. You are way too attached to Pete Sampras, and you might have an infatuation. You defend him way too much. How would I get proof for this event? I didn't offer my scenario as the truth but said it's a possibility. Jeez, you must be in love with Pete Sampras.

hoosierbr
07-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I remember in an interview just before his match in Houston (against Ginepri) Sampras said he'd be using the NCode Six-One Tour, Federer's racquet. It was a little bigger than his old racquet, a little lighter too and he wanted to give it a shot.

No worries, Fee. I'm sure you're not the only one who would have asked.

!Tym
07-13-2006, 10:47 AM
First off, I have to say that I hate everyone here at TW-Talk Tennis for brainwashing me for the last few years. There I was, a few feet away from the Greatest Male player (currently), with probably my one and only chance to speak to him, and this is the conversation that took place:

Me: Pete! Pete! Pete! (finally he turns around and gives me an odd look)
Me: What's underneath your paintjob?
Pete, the legend: Paintjob?
Me, the idiot: Yes, paintjob, on your racquet
Pete: Nothing
Me, bigger idiot: Really? That's a real nCode?
Pete, still a legend: Yep
Me, biggest idiot ever: Not too heavy?
Pete, legend: Nope
Me, global idiot: Well, excellent. Rock and Roll... (take a picture with 2 foot long lens...)

Seriously, I hate all of you, especially you racquet geeks, you ruined my life.

As for Pete, when I wasn't looking through my camera lens trying to take pictures, I saw a man who was heavier, a step slower (or two), with thinning hair, clutching his elbow, his rib cage, his shoulder, at various points during the night, spraying shots all over the place, but he is still Pete Sampras, he is the reason I loved tennis in the first place, he is a hero to me, and I had a fangirl moment while he was signing autographs for the kids and got a wee bit choked up (and the nice Capitals lady gave me one of his signed cards). 14 grand slams. A Davis Cup won on the very last dregs of his energy. His last USO title when so many had written him off, etc, etc, etc.

Heavy sigh...

You (or he) should have said...

"I use the N-Code Tour 90 with nano technology."

"NO. I want the TRUTH!"

"You can't handle the truth...(shrugs, moves on)."

LoneGun
07-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Holy goodness. You are way too attached to Pete Sampras, and you might have an infatuation. You defend him way too much. How would I get proof for this event? I didn't offer my scenario as the truth but said it's a possibility. Jeez, you must be in love with Pete Sampras.

You are delirious. You so full of yourself that you don't even see how lame and pointless your point really is. FYI, Pete is not my idol, and I don't really admire him. Just idiots like you who like to shoot out any mindless point they have and think that they are smart really annoy me.
Am I the only one here who feels this way?

KBalla08
07-13-2006, 11:43 AM
man i cant wait till he comes to houston. i may get lucky enough to meet him off the court, cause my high school tennis coach is the coach of the Houston Wranglers, so ill ask him if i can :) maybe i can get a racket from him or sumthing and we can analyze that...

bdawg
07-13-2006, 11:50 AM
You are delirious. You so full of yourself that you don't even see how lame and pointless your point really is. FYI, Pete is not my idol, and I don't really admire him. Just idiots like you who like to shoot out any mindless point they have and think that they are smart really annoy me.
Am I the only one here who feels this way?

you say nothing here to refute my argument. you're only insulting me on a personal level which shows how weak your argument is. you've called me a jerk, and an idiot, but i won't bother starting a troll post or insult anyone personally. if you're not in love with pete, then your posts would indicate otherwise.

in any case, i'll let the readers read the posts and let them decide for themselves.

gokou703
07-13-2006, 11:50 AM
ahh pete was there! should hav gone darn it. it is true that you can hit with the players over there? i was at the SAP and some Sac rep saw my jc tennis shirt and said that he would be able to get me into some hitting with the Sac players at there events. has anyone actually seen "open hitting" before or after the events? that would be great if they really did allow that over there.
thanks!

Chadwixx
07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Did he sign autographs?

ChipNCharge
07-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Did he sign autographs?

...I had a fangirl moment while he was signing autographs for the kids...

Chadwixx
07-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Sorry, but i couldnt read through the story. Thanks for pointing that out chip.

BreakPoint
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Pete really uses the nCode Tour 90. Why would he use a paintjob? I wish you paintjob conpiracy nutjobs would stop obssessing over which racquet a player is really using.

We do know that Pete is not using an off-the-shelf nSix-One Tour 90, but the same exact racquet that Federer is using. So the question is, "Is Federer using a paintjob and what is it if it's not a real nCode?".

Here's a pic of Sampras using Federer's nSix-One Tour during the Ginepri match which has the longer throat/shorter handle pallet that both Federer's racquet and the PS 6.0 85 have and which an off-the-shelf nSix-One Tour does not have:

http://216.194.87.192/e40b.jpg

BTW, thanks Fee for the report. :D

LN_Dad
07-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Nobody mentioned the part about him losing to Sam Warburg in singles? He needs to work harder to compete against guys ranked in the 200s.

zorg
07-13-2006, 04:55 PM

According to Cliff Drysdale, top pros usually earn double that off the court in endorsements so, let's just say

For a total of...

$129,280,489

The real objection I have is that Fee comes on here and posts a really nice thread about an interaction she had with Sampras and you crap all over it. You crap all over it as if it were fact, when clearly you don't have a clue.

Fee, nice to see you back and great post.Well, he doesn't work anymore. So that money is just going down...and tennis players are used to a pretty nice life, which costs a lot of money. Not saying he is poor, but no one passes up the opertunity to get money.

arnz
07-13-2006, 05:39 PM
you say nothing here to refute my argument. you're only insulting me on a personal level which shows how weak your argument is. you've called me a jerk, and an idiot, but i won't bother starting a troll post or insult anyone personally. if you're not in love with pete, then your posts would indicate otherwise.

in any case, i'll let the readers read the posts and let them decide for themselves.

I've read and decided you are an idiot and a jerk :mrgreen:

arnz
07-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, he doesn't work anymore. So that money is just going down...and tennis players are used to a pretty nice life, which costs a lot of money. Not saying he is poor, but no one passes up the opertunity to get money.

If Pete put his 40 million dollars in a savings account, and remember this was money gained from the 90's and beyond, at approximately 5 per cent interest, he would be earning 2 million dollars a year in interest alone. Not bad for someone who doesnt work, is it? And if he lived on a million a year (poor him) and saved the other million every year since, his money and interest grows exponentially.

I'm pretty sure Pete is much smarter than that though, and he has accountants and investment advisors, so I would imagine his money is earning him much more than 5 percent. I wouldnt be surprised if his money has doubled since then in real estate/stocks/business investments.

And I didnt even count his money earned in endorsements. If he was worth over a hundred million like Rabbit speculates, the guy never has to work again. I wouldnt worry about Agassi either :)

Fee
07-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Forgive what will probably be a long post, but I was at work all day, and y'all have been busy.

1. I did not meet Pete. He was sitting on the players bench, I was behind him over his left shoulder sitting courtsidish to take pictures (take a long enough lens and no one argues with you). he was kind of chatting with a few fans nearby, so I took a chance... Seriously, I wish I could take the whole conversation back

2. MOST OF YOU HAVE MISSED THE POINT!!!!!!!! The whole point of my post is that I hate you all because you have brainwashed me. My one moment to speak to one of my true heroes and I ask him about his effing racquet. I DON'T CARE WHAT RACQUET HE USES. Again, I hate you all!!!!!!!! (Except Rabbit, and the guy who still hasn't hit with me, but maybe I'll reconsider if he treats me to a WTT match...). By the way, I have my doubts about the technical truth of what Pete said too, I asked if it was an nCode, I might have said nCode 95, and he said yes. That was it. You can fight it out amongst yourselves.

3. Thanks Furry One. Take a glance at my recent posts (click on my name for the menu), I left a message for you in Odds and Ends. :)

4. Pete signed autographs. He sat at a table and 100 kids who had been given special coupons lined up to get one item signed. After chatting with Sam Warburg for a few minutes (he knows my face, not me really) I ambled over towards the table to take one more picture of Pete from a few feet away. He kept looking up at me to see if I was going to say something, but I just couldn't do it. My friends won't believe this, there is rarely ever a situation where I don't speak my piece. I admit, I was in awe of Pete and just happy to be there. I wish I had taken or worn my Samprasfanz t-shirt. I've been told he recognizes them and acknowledges them. (Doesn't hurt that I look like I could be a member of his family, and that may have been why he kept looking at me, or he was afraid I was going to ask him another stupid racquet question. Have I told you how much I hate you all?)

5. There is a fair amount of money in this for Pete. The cities he is playing in are the cities that have paid him money to play there. (This was explained to me by another WTT player). That's why he's playing a total of 7 matches, he's being paid to. For those of you in the US, do a search at Yahoo TV, many of his matches are being shown on OLN, TTC and Comcast Sports Net.

6. Finally... I sent an email to Justin asking him to get in touch with Pete to tell him the big haired chick who asked about his racquet is not a complete nut. Doubt he'll do it since he has other things on his plate this week, but yeah, I felt pretty stupid about it once the euphoria had worn off. One of you has to take one for the team and let me kick you (not norcal). I nominate Breakpoint ;) (just kidding).

Okay, long enough. I'll keep any further replies shorter, I promise. :)

ShooterMcMarco
07-13-2006, 06:39 PM
lol Fee, I can't believe you asked him that. Truth be told, I woulda done the same damn thing. Or I'd ask him where the Mrs. is :)

LoneGun
07-13-2006, 07:00 PM
We do know that Pete is not using an off-the-shelf nSix-One Tour 90, but the same exact racquet that Federer is using. So the question is, "Is Federer using a paintjob and what is it if it's not a real nCode?".

Here's a pic of Sampras using Federer's nSix-One Tour during the Ginepri match which has the longer throat/shorter handle pallet that both Federer's racquet and the PS 6.0 85 have and which an off-the-shelf nSix-One Tour does not have:

Nice picture breakpoint. I have a question, isn't the pallet of the racket one of the easiest things to customize? And I thought the reason for the retail version to have a longer pallet is to allow 2HBH players to be able to use the racket as well, or am I wrong here?

chiru
07-13-2006, 07:24 PM
good question, the racket def looks thicker than standard 17, so 17.5 means its probably something like the fed racket or stock ncode. now to look at the string pattern closely...4 or 5 grommets in the PWS? (wow im a loser)

chiru
07-13-2006, 07:27 PM
i've always wanted to ask the guy to teach me how to serve truth be told. or like hit sometime or something. obviously that would never happen so id ask for a racket. if not that id be like a shirt or soemthing! anything that i can take from you!

sureshs
07-13-2006, 07:35 PM
The issue of PJ or not PJ will become important only when he starts winning some matches ....

BreakPoint
07-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Nice picture breakpoint. I have a question, isn't the pallet of the racket one of the easiest things to customize? And I thought the reason for the retail version to have a longer pallet is to allow 2HBH players to be able to use the racket as well, or am I wrong here?

I think for the nSix-One Tour the shorter handle would pretty much need to be done in the factory, but I could be wrong. These racquets do not have replaceable pallets AFAIK. Yes, the longer handle is to accomodate 2HBH players, but neither Federer nor Sampras hit 2HBH, so they obviously don't need it.

Anyway, the point is, if the handle has been customzied, what else has been customized? :confused:

armand
07-13-2006, 07:56 PM
I think for the nSix-One Tour the shorter handle would pretty much need to be done in the factory, but I could be wrong. These racquets do not have replaceable pallets AFAIK. Yes, the longer handle is to accomodate 2HBH players, but neither Federer nor Sampras hit 2HBH, so they obviously don't need it.

Anyway, the point is, if the handle has been customzied, what else has been customized? :confused:I took off some of the pallet off my Tour 90 and it does not look like Pete's or the Fed's; where the pallet was, the racquet gets much thinner and does not remain constant as we see in the above pics. Conclusion: Different mold.

LoneGun
07-13-2006, 08:12 PM

Anyway, the point is, if the handle has been customzied, what else has been customized? :confused:

I see your point. I guess it's up to us to decide on whether to trust Sampras's and Federer's words or not.

Buzzlightyear
07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Great experience, Fee! Really funny! Maybe you regret about the things you said but anyway, you talked to the GOAT! Wow!

But I think you haven't learn from your experience yet. You said you hate this TW forum for brainwashing you and then you now start a thread about your "conversation with Pete about his racquet". Of course not many people here will really talk about your "conversation with Pete" as they are the people who brainwashed you in the first place. They will just argue "about his racquet" and things like that, all over again. This is the TW Forum!!

Fee
07-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I know, I see what happened. I hate them all...

I need a drink. Where is a good man with a great apple martini when I need one?

HyperHorse
07-13-2006, 08:59 PM
I know, I see what happened. I hate them all...

I need a drink. Where is a good man with a great apple martini when I need one?

Geez, settle down... I can understand u for hating some of the ppl here.. but u cant hate me..
You barely know me...

Fee
07-13-2006, 09:02 PM
joke dude. thanks for playing. :)

annihilatorpro
07-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself, Fee, or the others! But seriously, I'm SO jealous that you got to see Sampras; I had free tickets to the opening match on Tuesday, but I found out that Sampras was going to play the next day and just couldn't get myself to go to the Tuesday match because Sampras was playing the next day (actually, I took a late evening nap and missed the match entirely, but still!). At least you said something to him. I would have sat there like an idiot not knowing what to say.

ShooterMcMarco
07-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Was Brigette there? :mrgreen:

superman1
07-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Sampras lost another match? Come on man, get it together. That's 3 losses in a row. Agassi at your exact age was in the semis of ATP Masters Series Miami and gave Federer a tough battle.

dannyjjang
07-13-2006, 10:21 PM

For a total of...

$129,280,489

Fee, nice to see you back and great post.
totally agreeeeee his in for the money..he doesnt love tennis like WE DO!

laurie
07-14-2006, 04:44 AM
That's a real interesting post by Fee. But what it also shows is how obssessive enthusiasts are. Is it really a big deal exactly what racket Sampras is using now?

Personally, I would like to see Sampras get back in some shape. He's only 34 years old. But I'm sure after 12 months of solid training and playing he will getin better shape. I'm sure that's his intention too.

BreakPoint
07-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Is it really a big deal exactly what racket Sampras is using now?

Of course, it's a big deal! We all know that the ONLY reason Sampras won 14 Grand Slams was because of the racquet he was using and the ONLY reason why he's lost every match since coming back is because of the new racquet that he's using! You should know by now that the racquet is the ONLY thing that matters in tennis! Come on, get with the program! ;) LOL :mrgreen:

simi
07-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Is the WTT match advertised on OLN being broadcast tomorrow the match that was played earlier in the week? Or, is it a new, live match?

Moose Malloy
07-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Is the WTT match advertised on OLN being broadcast tomorrow the match that was played earlier in the week? Or, is it a new, live match?

its on sunday, not tomorrow. I believe it is a live match.

simi
07-14-2006, 02:05 PM
its on sunday, not tomorrow. I believe it is a live match.

Thanks, Moose. I was paying more attention to Le Tour, not the mini-commercials that run along the bottom.

c_zimma
07-14-2006, 06:48 PM
I am sure that Sampras is doing alright financially. Seriously. That much money will last. And it isn't like he loves to waste it. He is older now, and probably more conservative. But thats just what I think. I don't know him personally, and have in depth conversation with the guy, like Fee. ;) And Bdawg, quit making the immature comments. I don't know you, but your arguments would stand a better chance if you would stop making comments like these:

You are way too attached to Pete Sampras, and you might have an infatuation.

Jeez, you must be in love with Pete Sampras.

Fee
07-14-2006, 07:09 PM

Sunday, 11:30 am Eastern time is a tape of the Sacramento-Newport match from Wednesday night.

jackcrawford
07-14-2006, 08:14 PM

He's not sponsored by Wilson - there is no stencil on his racquet; he has a Nike bag. He never used a paint job in his entire career. Grow up, it's an off-the-shelf N-Code,

jackcrawford
07-14-2006, 08:19 PM

He doesn't like Wilson, had troubles with them the last year on the tour. It's an off-theshelf frame he buys himself and has a pallet installed- you could have it done yourself if you had the bucks. He said it's the frame Federer uses meaning the one Wilson says he uses, he's not into gear arguments, You believe Ark-Ark and not Pete? Watch the skies...

BreakPoint
07-14-2006, 08:34 PM
He's not sponsored by Wilson - there is no stencil on his racquet; he has a Nike bag. He never used a paint job in his entire career. Grow up, it's an off-the-shelf N-Code,
He doesn't like Wilson, had troubles with them the last year on the tour. It's an off-theshelf frame he buys himself and has a pallet installed- you could have it done yourself if you had the bucks. He said it's the frame Federer uses meaning the one Wilson says he uses, he's not into gear arguments, You believe Ark-Ark and not Pete? Watch the skies...

Do you know anything about the nCode 90? Do you even own one? You cannot change the handle pallet to a shorter one, as that part of the neck would be much skinnier. I don't see that on his racquet. His has to be molded at the factory.

No, he's probably not sponsored by Wilson which means that Wilson doesn't pay him a salary, but you don't think that Wilson would give him free racquets if he asked for them? And don't you think they would give him Federer's racquet if he asked for them? And how would he know if he's using a paintjob or not, he's never used a real nCode in his life! All he knows is that he's using the same racquet as Federer, and since it says "nCode" all over the racquet, he assumes that he's using an nCode, of course.

BTW, he's used that same black Nike bag forever, even when he was on tour winning Grand Slams.
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=1132472&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=838463&cdi=0

You sound pretty naive my friend. Did you also believe all those top execs at Enron when they claimed they knew nothing about what was going on within the company?

LoneGun
07-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Do you know anything about the nCode 90? Do you even own one? You cannot change the handle pallet to a shorter one, as that part of the neck would be much skinnier. I don't see that on his racquet. His has to be molded at the factory.

No, he's probably not sponsored by Wilson which means that Wilson doesn't pay him a salary, but you don't think that Wilson would give him free racquets if he asked for them? And don't you think they would give him Federer's racquet if he asked for them? And how would he know if he's using a paintjob or not, he's never used a real nCode in his life! All he knows is that he's using the same racquet as Federer, and since it says "nCode" all over the racquet, he assumes that he's using an nCode, of course.

BTW, he's used that same black Nike bag forever, even when he was on tour winning Grand Slams.
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=1132472&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=838463&cdi=0

You sound pretty naive my friend. Did you also believe all those top execs at Enron when they claimed they knew nothing about what was going on within the company?

Wow, the nCode conspiracy never stops, and that's definately keeping the forum alive. I would not be surprised if I found out that you work for wilson breakpoint, because you sure bring wilson to the center of discussion quite often it seems.

BreakPoint
07-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Wow, the nCode conspiracy never stops, and that's definately keeping the forum alive. I would not be surprised if I found out that you work for wilson breakpoint, because you sure bring wilson to the center of discussion quite often it seems.

Ha ha ha ha...LOL... If I worked for Wilson I wouldn't be asking them to release the PS 6.0 90. I would already have some. ;) :D

HyperHorse
07-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Why dont u ppl just GIVE IT UP with the damn Ncode debate???
Is it really worth so much angst and effort???
WHO CARES, as long as they/you/anyone is happy with the racquet they're using....
just STFU and enjoy your tennis.

BreakPoint
07-14-2006, 10:29 PM
WHO CARES, as long as they/you/anyone is happy with the racquet they're using....

What angst and what debate? We just want a PS 6.0 90. That's it, end of story. We don't give a rat's *** what Federer or Sampras is using. What will make us happy is a PS 6.0 90.

arnz
07-15-2006, 02:24 AM

LMAO:mrgreen:

Rhino
07-15-2006, 02:27 AM
I can't believe people have actually had the chance to watch Sampras play again and all anyone cares about is his racquet.

jackcrawford
07-15-2006, 04:41 AM

Your inability to evaluate evidence and witness credibility in a logical fashion and your habit of twisting the facts to suit your theories do not add up to sophistication, buddy.

chiru
07-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Your inability to evaluate evidence and witness credibility in a logical fashion and your habit of twisting the facts to suit your theories do not add up to sophistication, buddy.

actually i think he's got a point if you think about it. would it be so hard for Pete to go up to wilson and say " you know what wilson, i alwasy wanted to try a bigger racket, and since fed used to use the china version of my racket and could transitino to this newer bigger one, i'll have what he's having" to which the wilson rep ponders in his head 'hmm...if we provide sampras with the same paintjob conspiracy as federer, perhaps that'll get obsessive people on TW to talk abou the merits and faults of both ncode tour 90 and pro staff 6.0, with the hype leading people to buy both rackets when all they really need is one' wilson rep to pete "sure!!!!"

chiru
07-15-2006, 07:09 AM
truth be told i just bought an 85 and largely because what everyone has told me about it on hear makes me feel its tailor made for my S&V agressive game. here's a q for you guys, can i use it interchangeably with my ncode tour 90, like if i practice with both will i have much trouble?

BreakPoint
07-15-2006, 10:53 AM

Why don't you come back after you've modified the handle on your nCode 90 to look just like Sampras' and Federer's?

Where exactly is your credibility and evidence? I've yet to see any from you.

Oh, and tell us again how Sampras using a Nike bag instead of a Wilson bag is proof that he has no relationship with Wilson. :rolleyes:

MTChong
07-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Why don't you come back after you've modified the handle on your nCode 90 to look just like Sampras' and Federer's?

Oh, and tell us again how Sampras using a Nike bag instead of a Wilson bag is proof that he has no relationship with Wilson. :rolleyes:

Whoa whoa whoa, BreakPoint, are you trying to tell me that there is such a thing as "credibility" and "evidence" on these boards? :o

LoneGun
07-15-2006, 11:34 AM

I'm curious about who do you think is or are lying here? Do you think tennis lengends Sampras and Federer are lying to us because of the sponsorship with wilson? Or you think wilson is lying to them by giving them not nCoded rackets and tell them they are nCoded?

BreakPoint
07-15-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm curious about who do you think is or are lying here? Do you think tennis lengends Sampras and Federer are lying to us because of the sponsorship with wilson? Or you think wilson is lying to them by giving them not nCoded rackets and tell them they are nCoded?

I'm not saying either Sampras nor Federer are lying. Has either one ever said that they are using a retail nSix-One Tour, the same exact one that you can buy off-the-shelf at any pro shop? No, neither one has ever claimed that. Sampras has only said that he's using the same racquet as Federer. And we know that Federer is not using an off-the-shelf nCode 90 as shown by his unique string pattern and shorter handle pallet (and also by the fact the Wilson is now releasing a Federer Edition in Japan). And now we see that Sampras is using the same racquet with the shorter handle. What's really under the paint is anyone's guess.

And my belief stands. How would Sampras even know what an off-the-shelf nCode 90 plays like if he's never used one? He's been using the same racquet as Federer, so as far as he's concerned, that's what a nCode 90 plays and feels like. So when someone asks him if he's using a nCode, he's not lying at all when he says "Yes", because it says "nCode" on the racquet and that's what he's been playing with. He might not even know that there's any difference between what he's using and an off-the-shelf nCode 90. I mean, I don't think he hangs out at pro shops on weekends and drools over the racquets on the racks and counts cross string spacing (nor reads these forums), do you? ;) He's just using what Wlson gave him, so to him, it's a real nCode.

LoneGun
07-15-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm not saying either Sampras nor Federer are lying. Has either one ever said that they are using a retail nSix-One Tour, the same exact one that you can buy off-the-shelf at any pro shop? No, neither one has ever claimed that. Sampras has only said that he's using the same racquet as Federer. And we know that Federer is not using an off-the-shelf nCode 90 as shown by his unique string pattern and shorter handle pallet (and also by the fact the Wilson is now releasing a Federer Edition in Japan). And now we see that Sampras is using the same racquet with the shorter handle. What's really under the paint is anyone's guess.

And my belief stands. How would Sampras even know what an off-the-shelf nCode 90 plays like if he's never used one? He's been using the same racquet as Federer, so as far as he's concerned, that's what a nCode 90 plays and feels like. So when someone asks him if he's using a nCode, he's not lying at all when he says "Yes", because it says "nCode" on the racquet and that's what he's been playing with. He might not even know that there's any difference between what he's using and an off-the-shelf nCode 90. I mean, I don't think he hangs out at pro shops on weekends and drools over the racquets on the racks and counts cross string spacing (nor reads these forums), do you? ;) He's just using what Wlson gave him, so to him, it's a real nCode.

I don't think anyone here's argueing about if Sampras used a customized racket or not, almost if not every pros' rackets are customized, the question is whether or not the racket contains nCoded graphite. In Fee's encounter, Sampras said yes. From your claim, it seems like you are saying that Wilson is hiding nCoded rackets from Sampras because it's just so bad that they have to lie to Sampras, who is no longer playing for real competitions, and that Sampras has never used a normal nCoded racket in his life beside the ones that were given to him from Wilson. All these seemed to be a little insulting to sampras intelligence. I don't know about you guys, these claims just seem to be a bit too farfetched to me unless there are any real evidence that Sampras is using a racket that is out of this world and played no where like the retail tour 90.

chiru
07-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I don't think anyone here's argueing about if Sampras used a customized racket or not, almost if not every pros' rackets are customized, the question is whether or not the racket contains nCoded graphite. In Fee's encounter, Sampras said yes. From your claim, it seems like you are saying that Wilson is hiding nCoded rackets from Sampras because it's just so bad that they have to lie to Sampras, who is no longer playing for real competitions, and that Sampras has never used a normal nCoded racket in his life beside the ones that were given to him from Wilson. All these seemed to be a little insulting to sampras intelligence. I don't know about you guys, these claims just seem to be a bit too farfetched to me unless there are any real evidence that Sampras is using a racket that is out of this world and played no where like the retail tour 90.

knowing piontless things about rackets isn't intelligence. knowing piontless things about rackets means i don't have a life...err...it means that you're into rackets. anal racketboy sampras couldn't care less about rackets now. he said after he was through with tennis that he was always sad he never used a bigger racket, and so he asked wilson to give him what federer's using. before hand he even said he didn't evne know what the racket was called, he knew that it was "red." does this guy look like someone whos sitting around thinking, "i wonder if what federer uses is really ncoded or standard graphite...hmm...i wonder why his string spacing is differnet, hmm i wonder hwy the federer special edition doesn't have a shorter pallet." hes like what 34? playing world team tennis, he doesn't give a crap! i certainly wouldnt' give a crap!

LoneGun
07-15-2006, 06:28 PM
knowing piontless things about rackets isn't intelligence. knowing piontless things about rackets means i don't have a life...err...it means that you're into rackets. anal racketboy sampras couldn't care less about rackets now. he said after he was through with tennis that he was always sad he never used a bigger racket, and so he asked wilson to give him what federer's using. before hand he even said he didn't evne know what the racket was called, he knew that it was "red." does this guy look like someone whos sitting around thinking, "i wonder if what federer uses is really ncoded or standard graphite...hmm...i wonder why his string spacing is differnet, hmm i wonder hwy the federer special edition doesn't have a shorter pallet." hes like what 34? playing world team tennis, he doesn't give a crap! i certainly wouldnt' give a crap!

So the question now become whether Federer uses a real nCoded racket, which seemed be have been discussed quite a bit before, so I'm not gonna go there.
I can kinda understand why people are still argueing if Federer's racket is similar to the one that he used growing up and if Sampras switched to a nCoded racket. For those of you that have been royal to the ps 6.0 must have felt betrayed and affraid of the changes. Grabbing on to the love for the racket, those people seem to gp into the state of denial. From the sales of the nCoded rackets, we can safely say that it's here to stay, you'll just have to get used to it. I think Federer and Sampras would still be tennis legends even if they use a Head racket. What can I say, they got talents.

chiru
07-15-2006, 07:33 PM
im willing to second that, as a proud ncode tour 90 user, and im a firm believer in teh technology because not only does it make good engineering sense, it does pretty much what its advertised as doing, greater stability and greater strength (which i interpret as durability). is it more muted, i donno, im gettin my ps 85 soon to compare it to, but i still love the ncode and i'll use those rackets until i break them.