PDA

View Full Version : 18 gauge strings

R-Fed
07-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a durable but playable 18g string that comes in a reel. I have been looking at Luxilon, and most recently Babolat Pro Hurricane 18g. I like to hit hard and heavy balls from the baseline, but every now and then move into the net to finish points off. And, most recently I started to play doubles, so I would like some touch from the string for my net game.

I would like to find a string that is not hard on the arm, but will through about 10-12 hours of play. I am not string breaker (of course I used to be), but I would like to find the most durable, but playable string.

Finally, If you do recommend the Babolat Pro Hurricame 18g, which kind of synthetic gut string along with the gauge would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance,

R-Fed

Cruzer
07-13-2006, 09:15 AM
If you are leaning towards a polyester string then Signum Pro Poly Plasma 18 be worth considering. I am not a fan of polyester strings and I do not break strings terribly quickly. A couple of players at the club I belong to have been raving about SPPP and its tension holding capability and general playability so I currently have a set of SPPP 18 in one of my racquets. It has been in the racquet for a couple of weeks and for me it plays just OK. It seems to hold tension better and is slightly more comforatable than other polyester strings I have tried. The bottom line for me it is still a polyester string and it is not and never will be a terribly comfortable string to use.

Bogie
07-13-2006, 09:36 AM
i would definitely suggest this over any other 18L

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACFORTEN-TBS18.html

R-Fed
07-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks guys for your reply but I would perfer to get the string on a reel and not a package because I am able to string my racquet.

Thanks again

Cruzer
07-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys for your reply but I would perfer to get the string on a reel and not a package because I am able to string my racquet.

Thanks again

SPPP 18 is available on a reel from the etailers with a lot of guts and glory.

brucie
07-13-2006, 01:45 PM
I think Timo 1.10 is available as reels ill tell you what i think soon as i get it strung up.