PDA

View Full Version : stringing help

soul of a new machine
07-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Hiya everybody,
I'm new to the forum and wanted to get a little help with stringing my racquet. I got a gamma x2 last year and strung my racquet a few times, but due to not playing much I haven't had to do it in a while so I forgot a few things. I also moved recently and managed to lose my manuals so that's why I came here. I have a nCode 6.1 95 16x18 and I know I need to start at the throat but I'm not sure what to do next. Do I thread both the short side and the long side through the head, clamp those together and then put tension on the short side and clamp again closer to the head? If someone could clear that up for me I would greatly appreciate it. Also, where can I find some knot pics? Thanks in advance.

Gaines Hillix
07-13-2006, 12:33 PM
You thread the two center mains together throat to head and then clamp them both about 3" inside where you started(throat). Then thread a 3rd string(doesn't matter which side you do this on). Pull tension on this string and clamp it off on itself and the string next to it on the side you are pulling from(you left room for this clamp when you clamped off the first two strings 3" inside the throat). Now pull tension on the 1st of the 3 strings you have in and clamp it off next to the string gripper. Now thread a 4th string on the same side, pull tension on it and clamp off on that side. Your clamps should now be side by side and you can proceed with alternating between each side. You can find knot pics on the silent partner web site
(s p t e n n i s.com). Hope that helps.

soul of a new machine
07-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah thanks, that's great. That website has really good pictures that are a lot better than the gamma manuals which are really low res.