PDA

View Full Version : We can't win...

f200
07-13-2006, 11:59 AM
I know I have been getting pumped about Fed-Nadal and the buzz it has created in tennis circles. I thought the Wimbledon final held up itís end of the bargain too. First thing Monday, the local guys are (surprise) killing tennis. Local TV guys, killing tennis. Now this from a Bill Simmons chat (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/chat/060712)on ESPN:

Tennis (Flushing Meadows, NY): Will anyone ever, ever care about me again?!

Bill Simmons: Hey, it's tennis! I was just thinking about you on Sunday as I tried to watch the Federer-Nadal match. What happened to you? That sport is on life support; we may have to eliminate men's tennis altogether. What a yawner. The technology has just gotten too good, with those rackets and the imprived conditioning, it's like baseball allowing batters to use HGH and steroids AND corked aluminum bats. Ridiculous. You should not be able to hit a backhand that goes 150 mph and dips at the last second.

I am old school when it comes to the technology, but it seems like a lot of people arenít going to let the sport off the canvas. Ugh...

Chadwixx
07-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Us talk show hosts know nothing about tennis. Its comical to hear them try.

ACE of Hearts
07-13-2006, 12:06 PM
If they are no americans, they dont care for the sport.

alienhamster
07-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Us talk show hosts know nothing about tennis. Its comical to hear them try. It might be sufficient to stop with, "US talk show hosts know nothing."

Chadwixx
07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
It might be sufficient to stop with, "US talk show hosts know nothing."

US as in the united states.

The people at wimbledon radio and the us open radio do know their stuff, but they arent mainstream.