PDA

View Full Version : readjusting the head clamp mid-stringing

pcpshortbus
07-13-2006, 03:05 PM
i am in the middle of stringing a racket and the head clamp slid so that its blocking one of the grommet holes... would i be ok to readjust it during the stringing or would i have to take out the string and do it over?

DX_Psycho
07-13-2006, 03:14 PM
just do it. you shouldn't do it but it's not gonig to affect it that much to do it once.

pcpshortbus
07-13-2006, 03:25 PM
the frame wont warp or anything??? im just wanting to be really careful because its my coaches racket

CheapStrings
07-13-2006, 03:46 PM
the frame wont warp or anything??? im just wanting to be really careful because its my coaches racket
I disagree. If you are mid-stringing you should remove tension from the strings (undo them) before doing anything with the head clamp. The frame is under tremendous tension from the strings you have strung and that tension is not balanced since you haven't finished.

I once undid one of the 2 head clamps my stringing machine uses and the racquet compressed so much that I couldn't reset that clamp without undoing all the strings. Luckily this was my own racquet and not someone else's.

Court_Jester
07-13-2006, 03:56 PM
i am in the middle of stringing a racket and the head clamp slid so that its blocking one of the grommet holes... would i be ok to readjust it during the stringing or would i have to take out the string and do it over?
Oooh...

Can't you just cut out the strings and start over? You can probably shimmie it a bit to unblock the grommet hole but there's a good chance that it might slip and really ruin the racquet.

theace21
07-13-2006, 04:11 PM
If it was my racket - I might take a chance...Your coaches - not a chance. Start over, chalk it up to experience.

PBODY99
07-13-2006, 06:35 PM
PLease make sure that you have mounted the frame securely before you start. Then check that you did it right once more. The frame should not move side to side while stringing .:cool: