PDA

View Full Version : A Rod

Acraig426
07-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Has anybody actually met Andy Roddick? I don't mean saw him at some tournament for a few seconds, but does anybody actually know the guy or have really met him? He seems like a really cool guy, so I'd be interested in knowing what he's like

tangerine
07-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Andy IS a nice guy, very cool and funny. Fee has met him a few times and would tell you so.

But, as with any Roddick thread, be prepared for the usual onslaught of Roddick's "anti-fans" here who will tell you imaginary horror stories of how he spit at them, stomped on their prized racket, and refused to sign autographs. :D

tennishack
07-14-2006, 10:00 AM
he is a good guy, met him in Boca....needs to learn how to play tennis though. Did anybody notice how soaked he was after the andy murrey match at wimbledon??? And that Andy Murray was dry and likely could have played a few more hours....it is called muscling the ball, and is why many amatuers get tired

BreakPoint
07-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Roddick's a good guy and a nice guy, and has a great sense of humour. A bit of a prankster and he likes to play games. I'd say a typical All-American boy of his age. I just don't like the way he plays tennis, but I have nothing personal against him. He's a good kid.

pound cat
07-14-2006, 11:08 AM
"He's a good kid."

That's his problem..he's NOT a kid anymore...tempus fugit Andy...get your game in order.

BreakPoint
07-14-2006, 11:20 AM
"He's a good kid."

That's his problem..he's NOT a kid anymore...tempus fugit Andy...get your game in order.

He's still "a kid" to me. ;)

maverick66
07-14-2006, 04:45 PM
hes a jerk. i saw him at evert acedamy throwing his racket over the fence broke another. he had like 20 little kids watching him and he was dropping f-bombs so bad that john evert had to say something. he also spends half his practice trying to peg his hitting partner.

Acraig426
07-14-2006, 05:42 PM
He basically sounds like my hero. I'm a 15 year old american kid who's trying to make the most of tennis, and andy sounds like just the guy I want to be. I know, I know, he's "lost his mojo" and he's not the GREATEST tennis player ever, but all-around, he sounds like the coolest guy on tour.

shawn1122
07-14-2006, 06:13 PM
He basically sounds like my hero. I'm a 15 year old american kid who's trying to make the most of tennis, and andy sounds like just the guy I want to be. I know, I know, he's "lost his mojo" and he's not the GREATEST tennis player ever, but all-around, he sounds like the coolest guy on tour.
WTF? I think it's time to get a new hero buddy.

kchau
07-14-2006, 10:40 PM
hes a jerk. i saw him at evert acedamy throwing his racket over the fence broke another. he had like 20 little kids watching him and he was dropping f-bombs so bad that john evert had to say something. he also spends half his practice trying to peg his hitting partner.

oh please.........

dragonxking
07-14-2006, 10:42 PM
i saw andy roddick at my local westfield shopping mall and like some kid bumped into him so roddick pushed the kid on the floor. and i was about to go ask for an autograph too.

superman1
07-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, sure. Run along, now. Grown ups are talking.

Acraig426
07-15-2006, 06:56 AM
Yeah, sure. Run along, now. Grown ups are talking.

haha, thank you. No matter who it is, if your famous, there are going to be nasty rumours about you, and that's all it sounds like some of these are.

looseswing
07-15-2006, 07:02 AM
One time I accidently bumped into Roddick and he shot me and then beat me with a stick.

Seriously, though, he seems like a cool guy. It was really funny when he rapped Ice Ice Baby

Acraig426
07-15-2006, 07:30 AM
One time I accidently bumped into Roddick and he shot me and then beat me with a stick.

hahahahahahha that's awesome

Rhino
07-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Did you guys see him on "MTV Punk'd"?
The program where they played a trick om him.... That kind've showed what he was like, seemed like an OK dude, took the joke well.

helloworld
07-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Roddick is a ***** who needs to learn to grow up.

mctennis
07-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes, Andy is still a kid. He still has a lot of growing up to do. IMHO.

Acraig426
07-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Did you guys see him on "MTV Punk'd"?
The program where they played a trick om him.... That kind've showed what he was like, seemed like an OK dude, took the joke well.

ha yeah, I saw that. He was pretty cool the entire time, he didn't freak out or anything

mileslong
07-15-2006, 06:51 PM
he once threw a coke on me...

jaykay
07-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Has anybody actually met Andy Roddick? I don't mean saw him at some tournament for a few seconds, but does anybody actually know the guy or have really met him? He seems like a really cool guy, so I'd be interested in knowing what he's like

I met him here in Dallas at an exhibition match. He is a real cool dude, fantastic sense of humor, articulate and a super crowd entertainer.

Fee
07-15-2006, 07:16 PM
He ate my baby... with salsa and chips.

Rhino
07-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Yes, I'd heard about this. This is one of Roddicks main problems, dispite repeated warnings from his trainer, he just can't stop eating babies.

I think the first step for him is to admit that he has the problem.

KBalla08
07-16-2006, 09:43 AM
hahhahaha

ya i met him when he played the houston clay courts... hes a kool guy, definetly some1 id hang out with. i also met him at the Tsunami Relief Fund here in houston back when the Tsunami hit, but i was giving all of my attention to Anna K. :)

Rickson
07-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Andy IS a nice guy, very cool and funny. Fee has met him a few times and would tell you so.

But, as with any Roddick thread, be prepared for the usual onslaught of Roddick's "anti-fans" here who will tell you imaginary horror stories of how he spit at them, stomped on their prized racket, and refused to sign autographs. :D
Andy attempted to spit at me, but my ninjalike reflexes prevented the threatening saliva from touching this great athlete. Andy noticed he had missed and went after my prize racquet, but once again my athleticism prevailed and Andy could not stomp on my racquet. I told Andy that we should leave this bad experience behind and that I'd appreciate an autograph, but he refused to give me an autograph after I thoroughly embarrassed him.

tarheels2323
07-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Yes, I'd heard about this. This is one of Roddicks main problems, dispite repeated warnings from his trainer, he just can't stop eating babies.

I think the first step for him is to admit that he has the problem.

This is the one area in which I don't think Connors can do anything for Andy. From what I hear, Connors liked to eat babies too.

Dedans Penthouse
07-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Good thing it wasn't with a nice Chianti and some fava beans ...... "siv-v-v-v-v-v-v-v-v-v...."

callitout
07-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Arod doesnt eat babies he kisses them. Apparently that's part of what Connors wants to work on with Andy, he thinks he should practice tennis instead of kissing babies.