PDA

View Full Version : pure storm team

ramseszerg
07-14-2006, 09:11 AM
tenniswarehouse states the max tension for this racquet is 66 lbs, whereas on the racquet it says 51/59lbs which would mean 59 max. Do i risk anything like a snap by stringing at like 63 lbs?

Bottle Rocket
07-14-2006, 09:21 AM
I would go by what is on the racket... I've got one and that is what I have done. I've tried a bunch of different strings and by far my favorite combination is Luxilon ALU Power at 54 lbs with a big old worm dampener. The best controlled, most spinny, most solid setup I have ever felt!

The Storm was good with all the other strings I tried too, but I never went higher than 59 lbs with a synthetic gut. 59 was extremely crisp, "stiffer" than the Luxilon.

I would stick with Babolats range for initial experimenting...

DANMAN
07-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Babolat lists optimal woofer tension ranges on rackets. TW lists the maximum tension Babolat has said that their rackets can be strung without voiding the warranty/harming the racket...so no, you don't risk snapping the racket.

snoflewis
07-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Babolat lists optimal woofer tension ranges on rackets. TW lists the maximum tension Babolat has said that their rackets can be strung without voiding the warranty/harming the racket...so no, you don't risk snapping the racket.

exactly.

also, by stringing at higher tensions, the woofer effect is minimized.

ramseszerg
07-14-2006, 01:03 PM
woof, i dont care for it..i dont even kno what exactly its supposed to do..

nn
07-14-2006, 01:18 PM
I would go by what is on the racket... I've got one and that is what I have done. I've tried a bunch of different strings and by far my favorite combination is Luxilon ALU Power at 54 lbs with a big old worm dampener. The best controlled, most spinny, most solid setup I have ever felt!

The Storm was good with all the other strings I tried too, but I never went higher than 59 lbs with a synthetic gut. 59 was extremely crisp, "stiffer" than the Luxilon.

I would stick with Babolats range for initial experimenting...

best I have felt with big banger rough at 55 on PD+ (sold) but now I am looking for different racquet for control and pure storm is next

psp2
07-14-2006, 02:34 PM
i string my crosses at around 62#. works fine.

Bottle Rocket
07-14-2006, 07:59 PM
What don't people at least try what is recommended by the manufacturer? They are not calling for a certain string with that tension, they are calling for a tension range...There is no marketing in that, they have nothing to gain/loose with a recommendation. Why not give it a try?