PDA

View Full Version : Strings for FP Prestige MP

zorg
07-14-2006, 11:56 AM
What strings should I use for the Prestige MP. I want a hybrid, with poly on the mains. I want a very nice spin string, but I don't want it to break the first day. So I was thinking a some Luxilon 17 or 18 (suggest what kind) on the mains, and some soft string on the crosses with a thicker tension (again suggest what). I want a lot of spin from the Prestige, so keep that in mind, but I also want durability.

Another poster on this thread, Milo, suggested I tell about my prior racket to show you what kind of playability I want, so I will do that. I used the nCode 90, which has quite a bit of spin. So that is the type of spin I am looking for. Ideally I want to switch to a racket with a larger head, but same control as the nCode 90, so thats why I am switching.

Thanks for the help.

ace of spades
07-15-2006, 07:13 AM
well I put cyberflash 17 at 55 on the mains and gosen og sheep 16 at 57 on the crosses. I get a lot of bite and really good playability. The spin is just right or more than I actually need.

jackson vile
07-15-2006, 08:27 AM
well I put cyberflash 17 at 55 on the mains and gosen og sheep 16 at 57 on the crosses. I get a lot of bite and really good playability. The spin is just right or more than I actually need.

You have to have added lead then?

Also the FP is not worth stringing:mrgreen: jk jk

phat
07-15-2006, 09:01 AM
So I was thinking a some Luxilon 17 or 18 (suggest what kind) on the mains, and some soft string on the crosses with a thicker tension (again suggest what). I want a lot of spin from the Prestige, so keep that in mind, but I also want durability.

Luxilon Ace 18 should be the answer. My friend is string it on his DNX 10 MP (also a 18X20 racquet @ 52). It feels amazing and the spin potnetial on it is very very good. But he did mention that tension does drop off quicker with ACE than Luxilon ALU power....... From his comment on ACE & ALU on his DNX10

(1)ACE has better playability and a softer feel than ALU.
(2)ACE has more spin potential, but the ball seem to have more weight with ALU....
(3) Better tension maintain for ALU (40 hours) than ACE (25+hours).