PDA

View Full Version : Rafa likely to pull out of Toronto along with Stuttgart . . .

VamosRafa
07-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Rafael Nadal focuses his attention on the US Open

The Mallorcan changes his schedule to try to win the last Grand Slam

By Amador Pons
Translation by nou.amic, vamosrafael.com

Rafael Nadal is quite clear about what his next objective is: The double Roland Garros champion and Wimbledon runner up has marked the US Open in red and decided to modify his plans to try to mount an attack on the last Grand Slam of the season. The Mallorcan tennis player is planning to pull out of the Stuttgart tournament today and he will probably save himself till the Masters Series Cincinnati (14 August). His intention is to arrive in New York in optimium condition to lift the trophy at Flushing Meadows.

Wimbledon has revolutionized Rafael Nadal's plans yet again. The Balearic player keeps on surpassing himself and at the All England Club he surprised everyone, including himself. After regaining his title at Roland Garros, he set himself a period of three years to become competitive on grass, but he took three weeks to turn himself into an expert. Reaching the final in London and holding his own with Federer was not foreseen and has resulted in considerable changes being made to the Mallorcan's schedule.

This week, Rafael Nadal should be competing in the Bastad tournament, which he won last year and where he expected to extend his impressive unbeaten claycourt run (60 consecutive wins). But the accumulated fatigue - he practically has not stopped since the TMS Monte Carlo - and his latest results led the Mallorcan to withdraw from the Swedish event.

Today he will announce that he will not be at next week's Stuttgart tournament, where he also won last year, either, and he is planning to save himself until the Masters Series in Cincinnati. This decision means that he will also miss the two weeks on clay after Stuttgart and the Masters Series Toronto.

Nadal is not unduly worried about losing points because he prefers to focus on the one important objective he has left this season: the US Open. The Balearic player will start training again next Monday and wants to prepare thoroughly for the US Grand Slam. For that purpose he is going to sacrifice the second part of the claycourt season, and even the first North American Masters Series.

During the first weeks, he is going to combine his training sessions with days off to be able to disconnect from the tension and fatigue he has accumulated during the season and, as the month of August draws near, he will step up the training sessions and adjust his tennis to hardcourt to try to win his third Grand Slam title in New York.

Toronto is going to be collateral damage because going to the Canadian tournament would mean once again being more than a month without setting foot on the island and clocking up too many kilometers before competing at Flushing Meadows.

The US Open looks as if it is going to be thrilling. This year once again Federer and Nadal are completely dominating the tour. Except for Australia, where Nadal was absent through injury, they have met in the finals of the season's most important tournaments. At Roland Garros, Nadal demonstrated his superiority on clay and, at Wimbledon, Federer made use of his better knowledge of grass to beat the islander. In one month and a half, they will probably meet in the final of the US Open, this time on neutral ground: hardcourt.

As well as being the last Grand Slam of the season, it will once again bring into play the hegemony of world tennis: Federer is still the world number one, but the head to head results, with the balance (6 out of the 8 matches they have played) for Nadal, points to his superiority. They will probably meet beforehand (Cincinnati) or afterwards (in Madrid, Paris or Shanghai), but there is no doubt the meeting in New York will be special. Another great duel is approaching.

http://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+9+366749

cuddles26
07-14-2006, 03:48 PM
He should play Toronto. Toronto is a Masters event. You should not skip a Masters event if you are healthy. Skipping a Masters event wont help you be ready for a Grand Slam, that is dumb thinking.

VamosRafa
07-14-2006, 03:53 PM
He should play Toronto. Toronto is a Masters event. You should not skip a Masters event if you are healthy. Skipping a Masters event wont help you be ready for a Grand Slam, that is dumb thinking.

That's what Fed did last year -- skipped Canada, played Cincy and was ready for the U.S. Open, which he won.

Conversely, Rafa played too much, ended up going back home after losing in Cincy, and was pooped when he got to Flushing Meadows, losing in the third round.

The issue with Rafa is that he hasn't had a break since Monte Carlo, and doesn't want to be away from home for potentially more than a month. This decision will give him some rest and will limit the amount of time he's away from home.

Moose Malloy
07-14-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm impressed with the way he is managing his career. He may have more longevity than most think.

And scheduling back to back masters events 2 weeks before the US Open is absurd. Who cares about Montreal or Cincinnati. There are just warmups for the US Open. Playing both is a good way to peak early.

Mr.Federer
07-14-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm impressed with the way he is managing his career. He may have more longevity than most think.

And scheduling back to back masters events 2 weeks before the US Open is absurd. Who cares about Montreal or Cincinnati. There are just warmups for the US Open. Playing both is a good way to peak early.

Who cares? fans, sponsors, atp ranking points. All the great pros should play the canadian masters series event.:D

cuddles26
07-14-2006, 04:31 PM
That's what Fed did last year -- skipped Canada, played Cincy and was ready for the U.S. Open, which he won.

Conversely, Rafa played too much, ended up going back home after losing in Cincy, and was pooped when he got to Flushing Meadows, losing in the third round.

The issue with Rafa is that he hasn't had a break since Monte Carlo, and doesn't want to be away from home for potentially more than a month. This decision will give him some rest and will limit the amount of time he's away from home.

Roger had a foot injury or something at the time of Canada I thought.

edberg505
07-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Roger had a foot injury or something at the time of Canada I thought.

He did. I was going to that tournament just so that I could see him play live again. I was bummbed because I had already bought the tickets. I think it was plantar fasciitis.

d_frank
07-14-2006, 04:48 PM
which of these events does he have to defend? everyone is speculating on his potential at becoming number one by early next year, but if he doesnt defend his summer events, it cant happen.

edberg505
07-14-2006, 04:51 PM
which of these events does he have to defend? everyone is speculating on his potential at becoming number one by early next year, but if he doesnt defend his summer events, it cant happen.

I'm pretty sure it's both of them.

VamosRafa
07-14-2006, 04:54 PM

Canada, but he has nothing to defend at Cincy and very little at US Open. So if he's fresh for those events, there's a chance for him to improve point-wise. And of course the Wimbledon finalist points were a boost.

Certainly, Rafa's goal is to be No. 1 some day, but he's smart enough to know that he isn't going to get there by overplaying and then underperforming at key events, as he did at times last year. He's picking his spots, which is smart.

Still, I understand the disappointment to the fans and to the tournament. I had every intention of going to Toronto, and would have the trip fully booked, except I had to change my plans because of family commitments. So instead, I booked Cincy with a half-heart, because Mason, Ohio isn't my favorite travel destination, although I do like the tournament itself.

fastdunn
07-14-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm impressed with the way he is managing his career.

Exactly. He is confident and determined to win slams on hard courts.
We may get surprised yet again,.., proly sooner than everybody expect.

David L
07-14-2006, 05:19 PM

There were points to defend at Bastad, Stuttgart and Montreal, all of which he won in 2005. His final appearance at Wimbledon will help, but as a result of missing these tournaments, he will have 225 less points than he had at the start of Cincinnati last year.

Marat Safinator
07-14-2006, 05:24 PM
hes not going to win the us open.

edberg505
07-14-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Safin will win the US Open.:mrgreen:
Common you big Russian, I know you can do it.

shawn1122
07-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Gone are the days of watching Federer and Roddick in Toronto. I guess this masters series event is gonna turn to crap too, since top pros don't wanna show up. There goes my only chance to see them...

The tennis guy
07-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Exactly. He is confident and determined to win slams on hard courts.
We may get surprised yet again,.., proly sooner than everybody expect.

I agree he should withdraw from clay events. However, I don't agree with the proposition that he can be ready for US Open by playing just one event before that.

US Open is super fast, might be more so this year than before. For the past two years, he struggled mightily on the surface, more so than anywhere else. I just don't understand why two events last year before the Open made him tired. He lost in the first round of Cinci. It's different for Federer who has experience on the surface.

In this case, I agree with Gilbert. Last year after Montreal, Gilbert predicted Nadal would challenge for the title. However, he has since changed his tune completely, which match mine all along. US Open will be the toughest tournament for Nadal to win, including Wimbledon. As long as Nadal can past first week of Wimbledon, he can get far because of overall slowness. US Open will be faster and faster.

alienhamster
07-14-2006, 10:32 PM
I agree he should withdraw from clay events. However, I don't agree with the proposition that he can be ready for US Open by playing just one event before that.

US Open is super fast, might be more so this year than before. For the past two years, he struggled mightily on the surface, more so than anywhere else. I just don't understand why two events last year before the Open made him tired. He lost in the first round of Cinci. It's different for Federer who has experience on the surface.

In this case, I agree with Gilbert. Last year after Montreal, Gilbert predicted Nadal would challenge for the title. However, he has since changed his tune completely, which match mine all along. US Open will be the toughest tournament for Nadal to win, including Wimbledon. As long as Nadal can past first week of Wimbledon, he can get far because of overall slowness. US Open will be faster and faster. It doesn't seem that taxing of a warm-up for him to play only the two Masters series events in Toronto and Cincy. Even assuming he wins both, which isn't likely (though he'll go deep in at least one), that's a good two weeks of 3-set matches with a week of rest before the US Open begins. He needs to get used to the surface speed and bounce, and two tournaments sounds fine.

Plus, he's got mucho points to defend from Canada last year, no?

Andy Hewitt
07-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Awww I might be going to toronto during that tournament and I wanted to make fun of Nadal... :(

psamp14
07-14-2006, 11:11 PM
i think nadal will defend his pts at toronto, and then play cincy...rest up for 1 week and will be ready to go for the open, but federer wont play till cincy, because he has pts to defend there, and is already well experienced on the fast hard courts, being the double defending us open champion

VamosRafa
07-15-2006, 12:00 AM
So you guys don't believe the Spanish press, and you think he will indeed play Toronto?

HollerOne5
07-15-2006, 02:11 AM
So you guys don't believe the Spanish press, and you think he will indeed play Toronto?

It would be nice if Rafa and Federer each played one TMS event, and not at the same one. It is a bit ridiculous to play back to back TMS events before the open, but its not fair to the fans in those cities, who are buying tickets thinking they get to see the top 64 players in the world (the whole idea of the TMS events) and then the top 2 players not even showing up.

VamosRafa
07-15-2006, 02:15 AM
It would be nice if Rafa and Federer each played one TMS event, and not at the same one. It is a bit ridiculous to play back to back TMS events before the open, but its not fair to the fans in those cities, who are buying tickets thinking they get to see the top 64 players in the world (the whole idea of the TMS events) and then the top 2 players not even showing up.

Is there any indication Roger won't play Toronto this year?

David L
07-15-2006, 02:25 AM
i think nadal will defend his pts at toronto, and then play cincy...rest up for 1 week and will be ready to go for the open, but federer wont play till cincy, because he has pts to defend there, and is already well experienced on the fast hard courts, being the double defending us open champion

Federer is scheduled to play both Toronto and Cincinnati. He did not play Toronto last year due to injury, so he has no points to defend and can put some more distance between himself and Nadal.

VamosRafa
07-15-2006, 02:30 AM

Is there any indication Roger won't play Toronto this year?

And I understand your point. As an example, I flew all the way to China to watch the best of the best in the Masters Cup.

I did see some great tennis there, and I was glad to see Bob and Mike Bryan doing their stuff on court and off court (with their band), but the singles event was lacking, so to speak.

But that happens. At Masters Cup events, I've seen great tennis. Including Roger's great play to win in Houston in 2003-2004.

I did go to Shanghai in 2005. Roger's play was a big dodgy there, but I'm thinking that I'll skip a few years, and will go again when the event is in Europe.

I think the Masters Cup is the best bang for your tennis buck in many ways, but when it's in China, it adds some new dimensions.

Rhino
07-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Is any of this confirmed?
I'll be flying out to Toronto and was hoping to see Federer, Agassi, and Nadal amoungst others.

VamosRafa
07-15-2006, 02:35 AM
Is any of this confirmed?
I'll be flying out to Toronto and was hoping to see Federer, Agassi, and Nadal amoungst others.

No word on Federer or Agassi.

But I suspect you won't be seeing Nadal there.

pound cat
07-15-2006, 06:54 AM
Gone are the days of watching Federer and Roddick in Toronto. I guess this masters series event is gonna turn to crap too, since top pros don't wanna show up. There goes my only chance to see them...

It's too bad, because Toronto used ot be the favourite tournament for players, and toronto invested billions of dollars in a new state-of-the art venue.

Too bad money seems to be the only motivation for players, and cutting tournaments so they can win Slams seems to be the way.

Just like a lot of things it seems. GREED RULES

Mr.Federer
07-15-2006, 07:02 AM
It's too bad, because Toronto used ot be the favourite tournament for players, and toronto invested billions of dollars in a new state-of-the art venue.

Too bad money seems to be the only motivation for players, and cutting tournaments so they can win Slams seems to be the way.

euh...no. Toronto was never the favorite tournament for players, they disliked it so much they had to make a new venue just from preventing to permanently keep it in Montreal.

Shabazza
07-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Federer is playing Toronto and Cincy probably winning 1 of those and with a 3 week rest before the 2 Masters and a 1 week rest before USO, he shouldn't be tired - he has no health problems like last year!

With Nadal withdrawing from Toronto and only playing Cincy, I don't see him in the final of the USO this year, which means his shot for the Nr.1 spot after AO next year becomes more and more less likely. He lost his Bastad, Stuttgart and Montreal points and still has to defend Bejing and Madrid. A good run at the USO will just make up for the point he lost during the american hard-court season and won't help him close the 2000+ point gap to Federer!

tennis_nerd22
07-15-2006, 07:36 AM
they all skip canada, who needs to play for us... we're not a "tennis" nation... :(

ah well i was thinking of going just to see nadal play, guess not...

Dan007
07-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Doesn't Nadal have to defend all those points that he won from last year, since he won the title?

Shabazza
07-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Doesn't Nadal have to defend all those points that he won from last year, since he won the title?
Yes, but so did Federer last year - it's all been discussed in this thread, already. He will try to get some of the points back in Cincy.

The tennis guy
07-15-2006, 09:39 AM

You think top players focus on slams more than any other tournaments because slams offer more money?

You obviously don't know what you are talking about!

Rhino
07-15-2006, 09:42 AM
I can handle Nadal pulling out, but I'll be annoyed if Federer pulls out too. I don't go to the Masters Series very often and I've taken a week off work for Toronto. If Agassi is there I'll be happy. Maybe Henman can just about qualify.

HollerOne5
07-15-2006, 09:43 AM
The thing is, if Rafa gets to the final or wins Cincy, then I feel his chances at the US Open will be good. This is probably the most likely scenario, and its smart for Rafa to set himself up on his schedule to only play the Grand Slams, occasional TMS events, a only a few others here and there. Last year, his schedule included many small, somewhat meaningless tournaments. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if he skipped Beijing later in the year as well, and just played Madrid, Paris and the Masters Cup.

The tennis guy
07-15-2006, 09:51 AM
The thing is, if Rafa gets to the final or wins Cincy, then I feel his chances at the US Open will be good. This is probably the most likely scenario, and its smart for Rafa to set himself up on his schedule to only play the Grand Slams, occasional TMS events, a only a few others here and there.

Not playing at all for 4-5 weeks, coming into Cinci, there is even chance he won't get to final. He could draw very tough players first or second round like he did last year in losing to Berdych first round. Even Federer struggled a lot there last year because he hadn't played for a while when others had been in several tournaments before.

edberg505
07-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Not playing at all for 4-5 weeks, coming into Cinci, there is even chance he won't get to final. He could draw very tough players first or second round like he did last year in losing to Berdych first round. Even Federer struggled a lot there last year because he hadn't played for a while when others have been in several tournaments before.

Yes Federer had quite a long rest before playing in Cincy. And he got quite a scare from a few players including, James Blake, Kiefer, and Ginepri.

pound cat
07-15-2006, 10:04 AM
You think top players focus on slams more than any other tournaments because slams offer more money?

You obviously don't know what you are talking about!

Actually and untimately they do. Win a Slam, make lots of money. Win a Slam , get lots of points and get lots of endorsements and make a lot more money.

These guys play tennis for the money.

Obviously, you aren't aware what goes on in the real world of tennis...and all other professional sports.

Ask these guys to play "for the love of the game" and no money. And what do you think they'll say. (in 2 words)

The tennis guy
07-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Obviously, you aren't aware what goes on in the real world of tennis...and all other professional sports.

I travelled on tour for a couple of years. If you talk about players in general, I can understand. If you think Federer and Nadal right now are playing for the money, either you don't know what you are talking about or you are just too cynical to understand anything.

Mr.Federer
07-15-2006, 11:25 AM
they all skip canada, who needs to play for us... we're not a "tennis" nation... :(

ah well i was thinking of going just to see nadal play, guess not...

no, they all skip Toronto, when the canadian master series event is in montreal they always show up. (both men and women)

edberg505
07-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I will show up next year win the tournament is in Montréal. I absolutely love that city.

Shabazza
07-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I will show up next year win the tournament is in Montréal. I absolutely love that city.
Edberg you make a comeback?!!!! :eek: ;)

Ztalin
07-15-2006, 12:10 PM
You guys need to quit bickering; at least you GET a tennis tournament over there. I don't know if there's an ATP tournament within 2000 miles of Edmonton.

sureshs
07-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Aren't the Masters series mandatory for all who qualify? Will Nadal come up with false injuries or can he just say : I won't play? I believe there is a big fine if you just don't show up.

Ztalin
07-15-2006, 12:11 PM
no, they all skip Toronto, when the canadian master series event is in montreal they always show up. (both men and women)

Why is this? I hate Montreal. Toronto's awesome.

edberg505
07-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Edberg you make a comeback?!!!! :eek: ;)

If Johnny Mac can do it, I can too. hahaha

shawn1122
07-15-2006, 12:21 PM
I guess Toronto and the Rexall Center really suck for tennis.

Shabazza
07-15-2006, 12:23 PM
If Johnny Mac can do it, I can too. hahaha
LOL :cool:
Seriously, I would love to see Edberg play again - doesn't matter where!

Shabazza
07-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Aren't the Masters series mandatory for all who qualify? Will Nadal come up with false injuries or can he just say : I won't play? I believe there is a big fine if you just don't show up.
I don't think this "big fine" will bother Nadal much and he just said he has injured his hand or wrist - he can use the same "excuse" for Toronto - it's become common practice among the top players.

Mr.Federer
07-15-2006, 12:56 PM

idiot...montreal rocks man...you uncultured oil-boy.

framebreaker
07-15-2006, 01:02 PM
but why? why do they dislike toronto? i have never been to toronto.

framebreaker
07-15-2006, 01:04 PM
idiot...montreal rocks man...you uncultured oil-boy.
another french nationalist? boooh. we are the greatest...blabla, we are the best, blabla. there is a world outside quebec, too

cuddles26
07-15-2006, 01:28 PM
The tour schedule is nuts anyway. There should only 5 Masters events a year, 1 per surface, 1 should be on rebound ace before Australia. 1 should be during Spring hard court season. 1 should be on clay before the French Open. 1 should be on grass before Wimbledon. 1 should be on har courts before the U.S Open. The Masters Cup should be on indoor carpet, and there shouldnt be another Masters event per say after the U.S Open except that. The schedule should be totally changed, it is nuts in every way right now. Really bad, uneven per surface, too long a season, too many must play events crammed together.

Mr.Federer
07-15-2006, 01:32 PM
another french nationalist? boooh. we are the greatest...blabla, we are the best, blabla. there is a world outside quebec, too

What the hell are you talking about? If I was french nationalist, do you think I'd go on an american, english speaking website? Man, some people here are really dumb. You, my friend, are an idiot. Go Canada man, did you happen to see my Happy Canada Day thread on the first of july?

edit: Ztalin, after reviewing my post concerning you, I apologize. I over-reacted because you used the word "hate" which is pretty nasty concerning another city. Oh and frambreaker, I think I know how you feel towards the people living in quebec now. Prejudices is bad man...so once again, sorry Ztalin.

arosen
07-15-2006, 08:36 PM
The tour schedule is nuts anyway. There should only 5 Masters events a year, 1 per surface, 1 should be on rebound ace before Australia. 1 should be during Spring hard court season. 1 should be on clay before the French Open. 1 should be on grass before Wimbledon. 1 should be on har courts before the U.S Open. The Masters Cup should be on indoor carpet, and there shouldnt be another Masters event per say after the U.S Open except that. The schedule should be totally changed, it is nuts in every way right now. Really bad, uneven per surface, too long a season, too many must play events crammed together.
Your wish is going to be granted in 2009. At least to some measure, it will. Last interview with ATP tour president, whatshisname, DeVilles or some such, he said they would eliminate some of the Masters tourneys (sorry guys, he hinted at Toronto a bunch of times as I recall) , or may even get rid of Masters system altogether. He wants the year-end go to Europe as well because that's where most of the season end tourneys are.

tennis_nerd22
07-16-2006, 06:44 AM

well i can see why, toronto's such a disgusting city, so polluted and stuff... its just eww ;)...

Mr.Federer
07-16-2006, 08:43 AM
well i can see why, toronto's such a disgusting city, so polluted and stuff... its just eww ;)...

no, toronto is a nice city, but I read a year ago in the papers that the players prefered Montreal because at that time the facility in toronto was crap and that the players felt that toronto felt "like if we were in the usa and not Canada" unlike Montreal. But nonetheless, I like the city...except for the Maple Leafs!:p

ACE of Hearts
07-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Roger is scheduled too play both so it will be nice too pick up some points in Toronto in which he didnt play.He will defend his points at Cincy.

tennis_nerd22
07-16-2006, 12:42 PM
no, toronto is a nice city, but I read a year ago in the papers that the players prefered Montreal because at that time the facility in toronto was crap and that the players felt that toronto felt "like if we were in the usa and not Canada" unlike Montreal. But nonetheless, I like the city...except for the Maple Leafs!

leafs suck, go sens go... but the sens are sh*t come playoff time anyways... :(

anyways, i find montreal a way better city, nice cleaner, better people for the most part. toronto drivers are on crack, all of them, its amazing... you go below 80 kmh on a 60 zone, they hoot at you till you go up to 100 :D

btw about the quebec canada thing... if quebec wants to be their own country, let them, no one i know of on the non-french part of ottawa wants to keep quebec. all it does is make us speak french and HAVE to be bilingual to get a job... (a good job for an adult, not something like mcdonalds, unless your on the east side of town).

nonetheless, the quebec people are nice for the most part, but if they want to become their own country, let them, afterall, its a "free" country ;)

VamosRafa
07-16-2006, 06:00 PM
The LATEST word via Uncle Toni and the Spanish press is that Rafa will return to the ATP in either Toronto or Cincy. That decision hasn't been made, and here's the reason for the delay:

"He began to have problems in the middle of Wimbledon because of the change he made in his grip to play on grass and he is still feeling the effects. The doctor has advised him that it is better not to force things," explained Toni, who added that the injury had nothing to do with the minor car accident Rafa had in Manacor on Tuesday.

There will be still be two more weeks of claycourt tournaments before the North American hardcourt swing, but Nadal will not be taking part in these, either, so that he can concentrate on his preparation for the US Open.

"He will be back in Toronto or Cincinnati," said his uncle.

127mph
07-16-2006, 06:46 PM
im very scared

BigT
06-17-2009, 04:05 PM
who know's how long he'll last?

bolo
06-17-2009, 04:07 PM
who know's how long he'll last?

Will last forever.

Leelord337
06-17-2009, 04:07 PM
hahaha why did u pull up this really old thread :P

bolo
06-17-2009, 04:08 PM
hahaha why did u pull up this really old thread :P

obviously because there weren't 50 other threads where big T could make the exact same comment. :)

Rhino
06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't see the point in reviving this thread, BigT, You must be bored.

gj011
06-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Delete post, since this is 3 years old thread.

Why do people revive old threads? What is the point?

Ripster
06-17-2009, 04:25 PM
OMG I read through this entire thread thinking it was this year.....

Why do people revive irrelevant threads??

JennyS
06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I was wondering why it said Nadal was a two time RG winner.

CountryHillbilly
06-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Where can I get my 5 minutes back??

tacou
06-17-2009, 05:49 PM
he should do this in 09 8D