PDA

View Full Version : Nike Air Resolve Plus

emcee
07-14-2006, 08:17 PM
I just got these shoes from TW and they are pretty horrendous in terms of comfort. Feels incredibly stiff!

Does anyone else have this shoe? Please tell me it feels better after some break-in period!

psamp14
07-14-2006, 11:17 PM
i am currently wearing them...in the dark blue color...i got them in about end of may...so its been a month and a half with them i guess...to me they were very comfortable and still are, as still have much durability left in them...but i am beginning to notice that at times they cause some slipping...

ericsson
07-15-2006, 01:19 AM
i have them too and hate them, so heavy!!! i cant move at all, ok voor comfort and no blisters and enough room for wide feet but way too heavy for me as i am a light footed player.

snoflewis
07-15-2006, 01:54 AM
i have them too and hate them, so heavy!!! i cant move at all, ok voor comfort and no blisters and enough room for wide feet but way too heavy for me as i am a light footed player.

do you check the weight on your shoes before you buy them? it might be a good thing to do next time...

as for the shoes..i think they're ok. the toe hurts like hell if you hit against the court armor plates, but unlike the BFIIs, the cushioning actually holds up. the shoe does require some break-in period but feels pretty good afterwards. the only two things i didnt like about the shoes were the toe durability as the court armor plates didnt do much to help keep the toe area durable and the shoe is high off the floor. i was playing basketball in these (bad idea...i know) and ended up breaking my foot earlier this year because of an ankle roll (the higher the shoes....the worse the ankle roll). i mean, i know tennis isn't as physical as tennis, but if you're good at rolling ankles...this is a shoe to stay away from. overall, the shoe was decent and it'd be nice if they kept the all black colorway because i thought those looked really nice.

jelichek
07-15-2006, 06:17 AM
From the department of what it's worth: These shoes are the greatest things in the world - for me. Have been wearing a pair since beginning of March and they are as comfortable a pair of shoes as I have EVER had. I know they look to be a little clunky and weigh out to be a little heavy but in reality do not play that way at all. Great on hard, indoor carpet, and especially Har-Tru where I spend my days now. To boot, I even have very narrow (B width) feet and they still fit well. I have some major issues with my right soleus and this is the only pair of shoes in the current Nike line, and I have tried them all, that does not put undue pressure on that area. I originally bought them for the extra toe room as I was treating a sore big toe brought on by the Breathe 3's. As much as I would like to be wearing Nike's more "hip" offerings, I have resigned myself that these things just fit right and have opted for two more pairs! One of my buddies had the black pair last year and he said they were crap so just goes to show that beauty is truly in the foot of the beholder.

BreakPoint
07-15-2006, 11:43 AM
I like the Air Resolve Plus. I have a pair in my rotation right now and I find them to be very comfortable. Very roomy, no toe squeezing, good support and good cushioning. The soles also seem to be extremely durable (a pleasant surprise from Nike), and there's no way I'm going to wear out the soles within the 6-month warranty period because I wear 7 pairs of shoes concurrently in rotation. I also find the Resolve Plus to have soft leather uppers and I didn't need any break-in period at all. This is probably the best Nike tennis shoe I've ever worn (not my usual brand). Did you read the TW review on them? They loved them, too!

emcee
07-15-2006, 12:20 PM
...Did you read the TW review on them? They loved them, too!

One of the reviewers hated them. I hope I don't have the same foot shape or anything like him or else I just bought a pair of normal shoes.

At least they look cool in black.

emcee
07-15-2006, 12:21 PM
do you check the weight on your shoes before you buy them? it might be a good thing to do next time...

as for the shoes..i think they're ok. the toe hurts like hell if you hit against the court armor plates, but unlike the BFIIs, the cushioning actually holds up. the shoe does require some break-in period but feels pretty good afterwards. the only two things i didnt like about the shoes were the toe durability as the court armor plates didnt do much to help keep the toe area durable and the shoe is high off the floor. i was playing basketball in these (bad idea...i know) and ended up breaking my foot earlier this year because of an ankle roll (the higher the shoes....the worse the ankle roll). i mean, i know tennis isn't as physical as tennis, but if you're good at rolling ankles...this is a shoe to stay away from. overall, the shoe was decent and it'd be nice if they kept the all black colorway because i thought those looked really nice.

Yeah these shoes don't exactly hug the ground. And I have a sore ankle! Hopefully the brace will save me...

snoflewis
07-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah these shoes don't exactly hug the ground. And I have a sore ankle! Hopefully the brace will save me...

good luck. i actually ahve to send my pair back in because they rejected it for no reason the first time....i'll just rotate them w/ my Breathe 3's

psamp14
11-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I like the Air Resolve Plus. I have a pair in my rotation right now and I find them to be very comfortable. Very roomy, no toe squeezing, good support and good cushioning. The soles also seem to be extremely durable (a pleasant surprise from Nike), and there's no way I'm going to wear out the soles within the 6-month warranty period because I wear 7 pairs of shoes concurrently in rotation. I also find the Resolve Plus to have soft leather uppers and I didn't need any break-in period at all. This is probably the best Nike tennis shoe I've ever worn (not my usual brand). Did you read the TW review on them? They loved them, too!

i dont know, 3rd thread i'm bringing back to life...some of the newer ones just dont get me to make a post...

anyways, whats your usual brand breakpoint? and did you head over to nike factory store and get another air resolves plus? it was for $40 and i dont know if you did but you seemed that you'd make a trip

BreakPoint
11-06-2006, 08:41 PM
i dont know, 3rd thread i'm bringing back to life...some of the newer ones just dont get me to make a post...

anyways, whats your usual brand breakpoint? and did you head over to nike factory store and get another air resolves plus? it was for $40 and i dont know if you did but you seemed that you'd make a trip

I did head over to the Nike Factory Store but they didn't have any Air Resolve Plus's left in my size (10.5). I think it's a good solid shoe with very good cushioning and support. Yes, those plastic toe guard pieces at the front of the shoe look stupid, but I just ignore them. Not the best looking shoe but very functional and comfortable.

BTW, I don't have a usual brand as I own like just about every brand of tennis shoes. I just buy whatever looks and feels good and if it's at a good price. So no, I have no brand loyalty.

psamp14
11-06-2006, 08:52 PM
I did head over to the Nike Factory Store but they didn't have any Air Resolve Plus's left in my size (10.5). I think it's a good solid shoe with very good cushioning and support. Yes, those plastic toe guard pieces at the front of the shoe look stupid, but I just ignore them. Not the best looking shoe but very functional and comfortable.

BTW, I don't have a usual brand as I own like just about every brand of tennis shoes. I just buy whatever looks and feels good and if it's at a good price. So no, I have no brand loyalty.

yeah i figured, as reading in another thread of how you have over like 50 pairs of everything...

i actually ended up returning the vapor 2's i bought, just because it started to feel too tight when i actually started my regular footwork, ...it was fine for just hitting but not for when i played for real

so i am using my air resolves i bought in may...still a good amount of tread left in them....they dont look too stupid with the plastic to me

carrwash13
11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
I played D1 tennis and we had these as our team shoes and I loved them. I thought they were very comfortable and the durability is better than any shoe I've ever owned (even the barricades). And in my opinion I actually think they are cool looking. Those plastic pieces really make the shoe last longer.....and oh yea....they took a little while to break in for me (few hours of hitting).

thejackal
11-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Im not too fond of the looks (I have the white/navy ones) but they are pretty solid all-around. I like the original Resolves better but these aren't too bad. Durability is a plus, but I would prefer something a bit lower to the ground.

BreakPoint
11-06-2006, 11:42 PM
i actually ended up returning the vapor 2's i bought, just because it started to feel too tight when i actually started my regular footwork, ...it was fine for just hitting but not for when i played for real

Wait, so even though you wore them several times to play tennis in, the Nike Factory Store at the Great Mall still took them back? How does that work? Did they give you a full refund? I always thought that with shoes, as soon as you wear them out of the house, they're yours to keep, no returns.

psamp14
11-07-2006, 05:07 AM
actually, i wear a size 13, and the vapor 2's in 13 seemed to fit well....and when i bought it i asked if the shoe came with a 6 month warranty, and she said she wasnt sure, to contact nike directly on that, but i could return the shoe within 30 days "no questions asked"

so i left, and then felt that it was uncomfortable when i actually did my regular footwork on court, probably the half size small, so i took it back and said i wanted to return it

i wore it 3 times, for a total of like 6-8 hrs...they were not clean anymore on the bottom, and she looked at it funny, and asked me if the shoes came that way

i said oh i dont know, but you said i could return it within 30 days "no questions asked"

maybe because i came in like right at store opening, and no one else was there, the nike team was like close by but being instructed on what to do for the day....

she said to me "next time if you're going to return something dont wear it, because we have no choice now but to throw it out"

long post sorry, but lucky me...and yes it was the one at the great mall

BreakPoint
11-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Wow, that's pretty amazing, psamp14! You were indeed VERY lucky, I have to say. I think if a manager was there, they probably wouldn't have let you return the shoes. I think when they say "no questions asked", it's implicit that it means as long as you don't wear them outside and play in in them but just that you changed your mind about the purchase for whatever reason. It's the same with clothes, if you play in them, it's used and they can't re-sell them as new so stores won't take them back. "No questions asked" just means they won't ask you why you want to return it but it doesn't mean that they will take back stuff that has been used and that they can't re-sell as new.

Wow, I'm amazed that they gave you your money back even though they were just going to throw out the shoes. You were indeed very fortunate. I just hope that sales clerk didn't get fired for that.

psamp14
11-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow, that's pretty amazing, psamp14! You were indeed VERY lucky, I have to say. I think if a manager was there, they probably wouldn't have let you return the shoes. I think when they say "no questions asked", it's implicit that it means as long as you don't wear them outside and play in in them but just that you changed your mind about the purchase for whatever reason. It's the same with clothes, if you play in them, it's used and they can't re-sell them as new so stores won't take them back. "No questions asked" just means they won't ask you why you want to return it but it doesn't mean that they will take back stuff that has been used and that they can't re-sell as new.

Wow, I'm amazed that they gave you your money back even though they were just going to throw out the shoes. You were indeed very fortunate. I just hope that sales clerk didn't get fired for that.

for clothes i understand, as TW's policy is as well..tags must be attached, never washed never worn,,...but the shoes were not too bad, i mean i could have lightly washed the bottom with soap, and the little bit of black would get off, but yeah i got pretty lucky

i still think they will sell them though, because they are not bad at all

speaking of not bad at all, i swung by a sports authority store and bought these "wrist towel" extra long wristbands!...they're great! $2 each! i was going to buy a 2 pack of the wilson no-logo wristbands because i wear them sometimes when my wrist feels stiff or cold, but then i found the wrist towel by unique, next to the sampras pack of goodies

they've got some good selection there, assortment of wristbands and grips, white grips, prince, gamma, no wilson though, some strings as well...no luxilon big bangers though

i dont know how the wilson ultra-synthetic gut sells for $18 when the back shows a 5 rating for both playability and durability

atatu
11-07-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm wearing the mids, I just hope Nike has something lined up to replace these, because I love these shoes.

BreakPoint
11-07-2006, 09:42 PM
i dont know how the wilson ultra-synthetic gut sells for $18 when the back shows a 5 rating for both playability and durability

Because that price includes the stringing service. That's how Sports Authority prices their strings.

psamp14
11-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Because that price includes the stringing service. That's how Sports Authority prices their strings.

oh, i get it...so its probably a $5-6 string then...

because luxilon's cost like $14

pretty cheap for such a good and popular string i would say

i am waiting on my 2nd and newer (just 1 tiny scratch) ncode's strings to break, string it hybrid nxt tour 16s/luxilon big banger alu power rough 16s...and then let it be for a while, as my 1st racquet is to be picked up this weekend with a simple nxt tour 16s job

goober
11-08-2006, 09:21 PM

7 shoe rotation! How many days do you play a week? I play 2-3/days a week at most and a 7 shoe rotation would last me probably close to 2 years.

psamp14
11-08-2006, 09:24 PM
7 shoe rotation! How many days do you play a week? I play 2-3/days a week at most and a 7 shoe rotation would last me probably close to 2 years.

yeah breakpoint, whats the deal with your 7 shoe rotation? and what 7 shoes are they?

i've always had just 1 shoe at a time...wear it till it wears out completely, but a nice shoe on sale wouldnt hurt to be bought...just set it aside until the current one wears out

BreakPoint
11-08-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm playing a little less now but during the summer of leagues season I can play up to 5-6 times a week. I just like having lots of shoes so that I give them plenty of time to air out and "recover" after I wear them. I think they last longer this way. Also, I've found certain shoes work better with certain types of socks that I own and also with certain courts (although they're all hard courts). Then there's the whole thing about matching your clothes for color and brand (which I don't always do but sometimes I do if it's convenient).

psamp14
11-08-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm playing a little less now but during the summer of leagues season I can play up to 5-6 times a week. I just like having lots of shoes so that I give them plenty of time to air out and "recover" after I wear them. I think they last longer this way. Also, I've found certain shoes work better with certain types of socks that I own and also with certain courts (although they're all hard courts). Then there's the whole thing about matching your clothes for color and brand (which I don't always do but sometimes I do if it's convenient).

hmm...i see,...so having even say like 3 shoes in a rotation can possibly make them last longer?

i do understand your deal with hard courts, because although they are all hard courts, i notice that the public and school courts are much slower than a private club's or tennis center's courts, which are much more slick and fast, the way i like it

goober
11-08-2006, 09:42 PM
If you have a 7 shoe rotation and god knows how many stashed unopened in the closet, is durability really an issue?

BreakPoint
11-08-2006, 09:46 PM
yeah breakpoint, whats the deal with your 7 shoe rotation? and what 7 shoes are they?

i've always had just 1 shoe at a time...wear it till it wears out completely, but a nice shoe on sale wouldnt hurt to be bought...just set it aside until the current one wears out
I'm actually wearing 13 different pairs of shoes right now to varying degrees (some more, some less).

1. Nike Breathe Free II
2. Nike Air Resolve Plus
3. Adidas Barricade II
4. Prince T-10
5. Adidas Incentive III
6. Head Games Low
7. Head Strong
8. Wilson ProStaff 600
9. Reebok Match Day Pump
10. Adidas Response 7
11. Prince Vendetta
12. Nike Profiler
13. Reebok Bonzer Mid

:-o

BreakPoint
11-08-2006, 09:48 PM
If you have a 7 shoe rotation and god knows how many stashed unopened in the closet, is durability really an issue?
You don't want to know. ;)

OK, it's well into the double digits. :D

(And that's after I returned a few pairs recently.) :-o

superman
11-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I just got these shoes from TW and they are pretty horrendous in terms of comfort. Feels incredibly stiff!

Does anyone else have this shoe? Please tell me it feels better after some break-in period!
I wearing those shoes for about few months. I think these are the best shoes i worn.

billfark
11-10-2006, 09:30 AM
I replaced my black Oscillates with a pair of white Resolve Plus lows, and after a break-in period of a few hours, they were great. They do feel a bit stiff, but I certainly have no problem moving in them. I have wide feet, so I appreciate the extra room in the Resolves vs the Oscillates.

I bought a pair in black from the Bird, and I rotate them along with my white ones and my Oscillates, which are still doing OK. They (the Oscillates) squeak (inside the shoe, not against the ground) when I walk. Does that mean that the air bubbles are broken?

Kevin B.

psamp14
11-10-2006, 10:59 AM
i've never had a broken air bubble so i wouldnt know, but maybe that means the air bubble has popped

billfark
11-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I guess if the bubble had burst, so to speak,, I would notice a difference in comfort, but that's not the case, so I'll keep them in rotation. Maybe there's just a little slipping between the air bubble and the rest of the midsole, who knows?

I had gotten blisters during the same practice session that I had noticed the squeaking, and I thought they were related, but it was me using Nike socks that weren't big enough for me. Do they make socks that fit a size 13 foot (14 in Nikes)? I can wear Thorlo and Eurosocks, since they come in extra-large sizes, but was looking for a cheaper option.

Kevin

psamp14
11-10-2006, 12:38 PM
i wear a size 13 shoe, and i've got like 6 pairs of nike socks for shoe sizes 10-12, and they fit just fine

also have lots of cheetah and lesser famous brand name socks, all sizes 10-13 or 10-12

billfark
11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Weird. When I put on the regular Nike dri-fit socks (white with black swoosh on them, the ones that come in quarter- and crew-length), the area where my heel is supposed to go only comes about 3/4 of the way from my toe to my heel. I have to prestrech them before putting them on just to get them over my heel, then I feel weird pressure around my feet all during play. I thought it was from how narrow my Oscillates were (I have wide feet), but my feet feel fine in both Resolves and Oscillates with Thorlos/Eurosocks, or just plain white cotton. Oh well, I guess I'll stick to what's working for me and just get a couple more pairs of Thorlos.

Sorry for getting off-topic here.

Kevin

goober
11-10-2006, 09:03 PM
You don't want to know. ;)

OK, it's well into the double digits. :D

(And that's after I returned a few pairs recently.) :-o

You need a 12 step program for your compulsive buying disorder. Well at least you admitted you really have a 13 shoe rotation instead of a 7 shoe rotation. :D

psamp14
11-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Weird. When I put on the regular Nike dri-fit socks (white with black swoosh on them, the ones that come in quarter- and crew-length), the area where my heel is supposed to go only comes about 3/4 of the way from my toe to my heel. I have to prestrech them before putting them on just to get them over my heel, then I feel weird pressure around my feet all during play. I thought it was from how narrow my Oscillates were (I have wide feet), but my feet feel fine in both Resolves and Oscillates with Thorlos/Eurosocks, or just plain white cotton. Oh well, I guess I'll stick to what's working for me and just get a couple more pairs of Thorlos.

Sorry for getting off-topic here.

Kevin

well i dont have any nike dri fit socks...i wear the cotton crew ones...maybe thats why, cotton can be stretched more, although i dont stretch my crews, ankle socks i do sometimes

BreakPoint
11-10-2006, 10:14 PM
You need a 12 step program for your compulsive buying disorder. Well at least you admitted you really have a 13 shoe rotation instead of a 7 shoe rotation.

Actually, I'm trying to work up to a 365 shoe rotation so that I can wear a different pair of shoes everyday for a whole year! :-o :D ;) LOL