PDA

View Full Version : Some questions from a new stringer

brandonht
07-14-2006, 09:44 PM
I have some questions regarding 2-piece stringing
for the crosses, how do you guys suggest i start? i've read that a starting knot is bad for the racquet..

clamping the first cross and going on to tension the second one would cause a lot of tension to be lost in the first cross when the knot is tied wouldn't it?

another question i have is if i mess up the crosses when the racquet is done, is it possible to snip the crosses and re-weave them without redoing the mains?

thanks in advance for your responses

kchau
07-14-2006, 10:26 PM
weave 2 crosses, tie your starting knot, then pull the first cross to tighten up the starting knot. does this make sense?

simpler: tighten your starting knot through your first cross.

dancraig
07-14-2006, 10:41 PM
I have some questions regarding 2-piece stringing
for the crosses, how do you guys suggest i start? i've read that a starting knot is bad for the racquet..

clamping the first cross and going on to tension the second one would cause a lot of tension to be lost in the first cross when the knot is tied wouldn't it?

another question i have is if i mess up the crosses when the racquet is done, is it possible to snip the crosses and re-weave them without redoing the mains?

thanks in advance for your responses

About redoing the crosses, no problem if the racquet is still mounted in the stringing machine.