PDA

View Full Version : Grass Courts, Har Tru, Or Clay in the Denver Area, or in CO

CX115
07-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Hi Guys, Im curious, since im moving to CO in a month, and want to play some. Does any know of any places that have either grass, Har Tru Clay, or red clay courts? If I could get some notice about these places please reply.
Thanks everyone

BertieWooster
07-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Greenwood Tennis Center in south Denver has 7 indoor Har Tru courts. Best deal in town if you play a lot of tennis.

Ky0shiro
07-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Greenwood Tennis Center in south Denver has 7 indoor Har Tru courts. Best deal in town if you play a lot of tennis.

I know that place you're talking about, I drive past there all the time, very nice looking place ;).

Other than that I don't really hear about/see many of the surfaces you said, there are many hard courts around where I live.

CX115
07-16-2006, 01:04 AM
HAHA, nice dudes, thanks

Arafel
07-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Hi Guys, Im curious, since im moving to CO in a month, and want to play some. Does any know of any places that have either grass, Har Tru Clay, or red clay courts? If I could get some notice about these places please reply.
Thanks everyone

The Denver Tennis Club also has 2 har-tru courts, plus 10 hard courts. They are open year round I believe, but all the courts are outdoor. Still, Colorado is often warm enough that you can play in January. The DTC hosts the Denver City Open every year, one of the big three summer tournaments. (the others are the State Open at Gates Tennis Center and the Boulder Open at Harvest House).

I don't know of any red clay courts in Denver, and there certainly aren't any grass ones. The closest grass courts I know of are in Iowa, Texas and California. Wish there were some; I'd love to play on grass.

HeadRacquets
07-21-2006, 09:38 PM
This helps me out a lot. I was wondering this for a while. I've got to check this place out.