PDA

View Full Version : Ashaway Crossfire II

Punisha
07-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Looked it up at Stringf0rum.n3t and looks like a beast. Anyone used it. Im looking for durability, control etc not power...

yoga
07-15-2006, 12:44 AM
had interest in it early on, but then found out that the kevlar strings come only in hybrid packages or in reels, there4 have decided to pass, to boycott it

i highly applaud manufacturers like Babolat, in which certain strings of theirs come in half sets. i think this is the way to go. it would encourage more string setup experiments, in turn would be good for the game of tennis, and the string industry as well

Punisha
07-15-2006, 12:48 AM
I mean the hybrid pack ! With the arramid and syn gut

psp2
07-15-2006, 03:48 AM
had interest in it early on, but then found out that the kevlar strings come only in hybrid packages or in reels, there4 have decided to pass, to boycott it

i highly applaud manufacturers like Babolat, in which certain strings of theirs come in half sets. i think this is the way to go. it would encourage more string setup experiments, in turn would be good for the game of tennis, and the string industry as well

:rolleyes, please step off the soap box.

a pack is only about $9 friggin'. if you had interest in it, i don't think this cost would break your bank.

back to the OP, i've used it and really like the bite on the ball, especially after a slight tension loss. i strung it up at 55# M and 60# X. i enjoyed the thin 18g mains and they last a long time.

yoga
07-15-2006, 04:07 AM
a pack is only about $9 friggin'. if you had interest in it, i don't think this cost would break your bank. if i am gonna use it, i'll go full kevlar, or combine the kevlar with other cross string. what use is the other half set of cross string it provides for me?

i dont like the way they do thing, and i've every right not to be supportive

yoga
07-15-2006, 05:04 AM
a pack is only about $9 friggin'. if you had interest in it, i don't think this cost would break your bank. for other posters in this board who asked about POSG, Gosen OG Sheep Micro, etc, u go tell them to just go ahead and purchase them, as the cost wouldnt break their bank anyway

for those who ask about vibration dampener you give them the same reply as well

PBODY99
07-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Looked it up at Stringf0rum.n3t and looks like a beast. Anyone used it. Im looking for durability, control etc not power...
It was one of the first Kevlars on the market, and I keep a mini reel ( 360 ft) for the players I service. The crosses in the sets are soft, so for my major string breakers I use a more durabile cross.:cool:

travlerajm
07-15-2006, 06:04 AM
I use it and it's great. Seems to be about the same as Prince Problend , but at half the cost.

You can't beat the durability of a Kevlar, and spin potential is very good. And you get a lot more predictable ball response than with poly hybrids. Kevlar strings soften up during the first few times that you play (the break-in period). Then they stay the same for a long, long, long, time.

Punisha
07-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Sounds great. Does anyone know where i can purchase a set within Australia (paticulary melb)