PDA

View Full Version : The Book On Murray Hits Hardcover In 2007

malakas
07-15-2006, 11:59 AM
By Tennis Week
07/14/2006

Andy Murray made headlines when he knocked two-time Wimbledon finalist Andy Roddick out of the grass-court Grand Slam last month. Murray will hit the shelves when the 2007 Wimbledon concludes.

The Random House Group announced today it has acquired the rights to publish Murray's autobiography. Century will publish the autobiography in hard cover two weeks after the end of Wimbledon in the summer of 2007, with an Arrow paperback the following year.

"We are absolutely thrilled to be publishing Andy Murray and we are confident that the book will be a huge critical and commercial success," said Mark Booth, Publishing Director of Century.

The 19-year-old from Dunblane, Scotland is Great Britain's highest-ranked player at No. 36. The former U.S. Open junior champion scored successive victories over former top-ranked players Roddick and Lleyton Hewitt to claim his first tournament title at San Jose in February.

Murray's fiery on-court demeanor, finesse and court sense has made him one of tennis' rising stars as he has surpassed veteran compatriots Greg Rusedski and Tim Henman in the rankings to become British No. 1.

The youngest-ever British No. 1 swore at an umpire live on national television, and has earned the praise from another temperamental talent John McEnroe.

"Andy is a great tennis player with a fierce will to win and a personality that this country has rarely seen before and we are looking forward to the telling of his journey so far and most importantly in his own words," Murray's ACE Group agent Patricio Apey said.

link:http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=15660&bannerregion=

What next??

tennisprofl
07-15-2006, 12:32 PM
lol how can he already have a book about his life when he's only 19?

malakas
07-15-2006, 12:37 PM
That's beyond me..:confused:

Marat Safinator
07-15-2006, 12:48 PM
a book at 19 gagagagaga

Shabazza
07-15-2006, 12:48 PM
lol how can he already have a book about his life when he's only 19?
I'm sure they'll manage to produce 1000 pages - 1 page for every week he lived...boring!

tennisprofl
07-15-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah thats a joke to make that book

BaseLineBash
07-15-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm telling you guys, Andy is very Connors/Agassi like in his approach and attitude, thats why there is a stir. He's not like the other players, very fiery! Watch him blow up soon, hopefully all the media attention won't hinder his career. Lots of pressure.

mctennis
07-15-2006, 01:24 PM
How many pages is it, like 20? How much of a story can he tell at 19? Maybe a quick comic book like pamphlet. I like Andy Murry but I don't think he would have a lot to tell anyone about life or being on the tour. I don't even thinkRoddick would have enough to write an INTERESTING book. I wish him well. It's great Scotland has a sports hero to follow though.

BaseLineBash
07-15-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm sure some of it will touch on the Dunblane Massacre. When he was eight, 16 children and a teacher were killed at his school, and he survived.

malakas
07-15-2006, 01:32 PM
And he was very small,and he has said that he doesn't remember much about it,anyway.

BaseLineBash
07-15-2006, 01:39 PM
And he was very small,and he has said that he doesn't remember much about it,anyway.
I'm sure there are things in your life you wouldn't and don't wanna talk about, but on the other hand there is a good chance they sculpted who you are today.

malakas
07-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Yeah..but one whole book..about something he can hardly remember???

BaseLineBash
07-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah..but one whole book..about something he can hardly remember???
No, not the whole book. I just said It might touch on the subject. Now as a whole, I believe anybody who has survived his or her childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his or her days.

arosen
07-15-2006, 06:53 PM
I believe anybody who has survived his or her childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his or her days.

I don't want to sound too skeptical, but this guy I know just came from Afganistan, his best friend was captured and beheaded by Taliban fighters, he got shot and can't sleep anymore, so lets have some perspective here OK? Sure, Andy had it rough with the psycho dude shooting up the school. But does it make his life of 19 so damn special they are writing a book about him? C',mon, that's baloney.

i.Radical
07-15-2006, 06:57 PM
WTF I thought this was a joke...

J-man
07-15-2006, 07:12 PM
I would buy the book but an autobiography at 19?!

BaseLineBash
07-15-2006, 08:11 PM
I don't want to sound too skeptical, but this guy I know just came from Afganistan, his best friend was captured and beheaded by Taliban fighters, he got shot and can't sleep anymore, so lets have some perspective here OK? Sure, Andy had it rough with the psycho dude shooting up the school. But does it make his life of 19 so damn special they are writing a book about him? C',mon, that's baloney.
I wasn't speaking directly about Dunblane, I was speaking in general and I'll say it again. I believe anybody who has survived his or her childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his or her days. It doesn't mean they'll use that information, but I believe they have it. And another thing we don't know everything about Murray, that's why a book is on the way, you know...for people who WANT to read it.

BaseLineBash
07-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Arosen, I also want to say that anyones pain is not insigificant or significant based on level, if you feel it, you feel it regardless.

jukka1970
07-15-2006, 09:02 PM
I have to agree with others. I don't understand how they're going to get a book out of an autobiography on Murray at only 19. Only thing I can think of for them to pull this off, is for the book to be mainly about his decision to go with Tennis instead of football. And then maybe talk about what it's been like being from Scotland, and being considered the number 1 british player.

but even with that, at 19, I mean how much could they possibly write? (put this in after original post)

arosen
07-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Arosen, I also want to say that anyones pain is not insigificant or significant based on level, if you feel it, you feel it regardless.

True that, one has to deal with one's own life. All I am saying, it would do a lot of people a lot of good to keep things in perspective. I hope the book doesn't disappoint those who WANT to read it.