PDA

View Full Version : Moonballing and Other Diversions

python
03-04-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm looking to add some craft to my power baseline game. Ideally, I'd like to be able to hit a shot every now and then that will disrupt my opponent and take him out of his comfort zone.

There's moonballing. I would say drop shots also, but they're considerably more high risk than looping a high ball back to your opponent. Any more?

Bungalo Bill
03-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Slice the ball. It causes disruption in rythym especially if the player is a bit wristy on his shots. By mixing up the slice you are constantly testing his ability to make adjustments.

Develop the "power" slice and you have a powerful weapon. Also, you can hit one with medium pace (deep) with some cross spin and that too can bring you some points.

Keep in mind, your opponent may hit those balls early in the match well, dont give up on using it, as your opponent expends more energy, his ability to concentrate and keep his footwork sharp diminishes.

Cypo
03-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Another thing to vary is placement. If get your opponent used to you hitting cross court, hitting one down the line will often throw them off, especially I think on the backhand side.

Bungalo Bill
03-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad.
Plagiarism is stealing someone's else's words - sorry whomever !

You guys are coming up with some great little quotes! Man, makes me feel I need to find one. Have to remember this one too!