PDA

View Full Version : How would Nadal and Chang do if played 10 times each in primes?

nadalgirl26
07-15-2006, 05:51 PM
I find the former American-Honge Konish player Michael Chang played a simlar style game to my Nadal. Just alot weaker then my cute Nadal played. My Nadal hitsa way harder, moves much faster, is mental much tougher, has better finesse, and much better serve and net play. So I think if they played 10 times my Nadal would win all 10. However I will let you vote, how would they do vs each other if they were in their priems together and played 10 times. Lets say they play 4 on hard courts, 3 on grass, and 3 on clay.

malakas
07-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I say 11-0 nadal would win.At least!!

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-16-2006, 12:05 PM
9-1 chang, your boy Nadal is slower than Chang in his prime, look up clips of Chang in his teen years and then post your opinion.

rod99
07-16-2006, 12:38 PM
nadal would win 6 or 7 of the 10. all of them on clay (chang never had good results at the french after he won it except for the final in '95), probably all of them on grass, but chang was a very good hard court player, better than nadal on hard.

Shabazza
07-16-2006, 12:42 PM
nadalgirl26:
Why do I get the feeling that your Nadal isn't the same person we're talking about here in these forums and the one who is #2 in the world!

helloworld
07-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Nadal will probably Dominate Chang just like other ATP players on tour at the moment. He doesn't really have a weapon to hurt Nadal. This is a total mismatch. you need BIG weapons to beat Nadal (eg. Blake's flat forehand).

zhan
07-16-2006, 12:53 PM
chang only had speed ... which is like hewitt but hewitt has good weapons and is consistent...
nadal has big weapons like the forehand, great backhand and is very speedy on the court... nadal's serve is getting better if not great... like 70%+ of his first serves are going in and his 2nd serve doesnt suck anymore
nadal 8-2 ...
chang would be obliterated on clay, rebound ace... he would be better on hard and grass... where those 2 wins would come from... (you cant beat the same guy again and again... you will have a let down somehow lol)

Marat Safinator
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
chang would win, thats for certain. the angles he can produce are perfect.

goober
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
I find the former American-Honge Konish player Michael Chang played a simlar style game to my Nadal. Just alot weaker then my cute Nadal played. My Nadal hitsa way harder, moves much faster, is mental much tougher, has better finesse, and much better serve and net play. So I think if they played 10 times my Nadal would win all 10. However I will let you vote, how would they do vs each other if they were in their priems together and played 10 times. Lets say they play 4 on hard courts, 3 on grass, and 3 on clay.

What does "American-Honge Konish" mean? Are you attempting to say he is Hong Kongish as in he is from Hong Kong? Actually his parents are from Taiwan. I wouldn't say that Nadal moves faster than Chang did in his prime. Nadal would win the majority of matches though. Not sure what the point of this comparison is though. Nadal is clearly is already a better player than Chang ever was.

Marat Safinator
07-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Nadal, the pig, would be cooked by chang.

zhan
07-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Nadal is clearly is already a better player than Chang ever was.
+1000000000000000

callitout
07-16-2006, 01:42 PM
In their primes they'd both run down every shot until eventually Chang lost on an outright winner by Nadal. As retrievers they are similar, but I think Nadal is even better. But on offense Chang never hit 90 mph forehand winners, the way Nadal does. Nadal's ball may have tons of spin but they had the gun on it in paris and he's hitting as hard as anyone just with more spin.
Also Nadal's serve is infinitely better than Chang's. Nadal rarely gets attacked on it, and is starting to get some winners off it.

Golden Retriever
07-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Just compare their biceps.

35ft6
07-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Nadal would be a really bad match up for Chang. Chang needed his opponents to lose patience and miss "easy" shots they weren't used to seeing coming back, to become frustrated by Chang's speed, and I just don't see Nadal becoming mentally unravelled by that. He never gives up. He would eat Michael up.

superman1
07-16-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't like comparing generations. Maybe Chang would find a way to win. The guy reached #2 in the world and gave Agassi, Sampras and Courier some trouble, it's a shame he is so underrated.

But you've got to figure that Nadal, at the shape he is in right now, wouldn't lose to that many people in history. Let's wait a couple years and see if he can keep it up.

uxnaitoahz
07-16-2006, 02:43 PM
...moves much faster, is mental much tougher, has better finesse...
:mrgreen: Okay who else finds that funny? :mrgreen:

Luca
07-16-2006, 03:17 PM

LOL!!! A bit obsessive, maybe??:rolleyes:
Teens Fans...always so passionates.
Please, donīt be so hard with her. Most of us have had an idol or something.
How many nights I dreamt of my Jonathan Knight (NKOTB)..So, if comparing, maybe being a Nadal fan is more comprehensive..
Yes, sometimes Love is blind...:)

NamRanger
07-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Chang has weapons, you kidding me? Although he wasn't the hardest hitter, he was probably the most accuracy and precision when hitting on the run, while STILL creating incredible angles. Nadal just gets the ball back into play most of the time, Chang hit winners on nearly every ball he ran down.

stoneagle
07-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Nadal will probably Dominate Chang just like other ATP players on tour at the moment. He doesn't really have a weapon to hurt Nadal. This is a total mismatch. you need BIG weapons to beat Nadal (eg. Blake's flat forehand).

if nadal can dominate the #1 fed, why can't nadal
dominate chang who doesn't even have power. chang is
mostly speed, and he lacks in power. nadal will blow chang
away, to 10,0.

Rickson
07-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Racism will get you nowhere, you dimwit.

tennisboy87
07-16-2006, 05:22 PM
I think if they played Nadal would beat Chang like 8 out of 10 times.

VamosRafa
07-16-2006, 05:40 PM
I think if they played Nadal would beat Chang like 8 out of 10 times.

I agree. Chang never faced a guy like Nadal, whereas I think Nadal has faced Chang-like players.

But we can only say this hindsight, given today's physical game and racquet technology and such. So I agree with those who think these polls are entertaining in a way, but are in no way indicative of what would really happen. You would think that Federer in his prime would be killing Nadal, who is not in his prime, but that's not happening yet.

Rickson
07-16-2006, 05:42 PM
I agree. Chang never faced a guy like Nadal, whereas I think Nadal has faced Chang-like players.
They're both retrievers, but I give Michael the edge.

VamosRafa
07-16-2006, 06:44 PM
They're both retrievers, but I give Michael the edge.

Easy to say, because you can't be proven wrong. ;-) But IMO, Rafa does just fine against "other retrievers."

uxnaitoahz
07-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Nadal is not nearly smart as Chang on the court. Chang WILL find a way to win. He will give you hell before you take him down. Remember he won the French serving underhanded... :D

FiveO
07-16-2006, 07:58 PM
I think Chang's h2h's vs. the two most Nadal-like competitors I can think of, Muster and Moya, and the probability that Nadal is superior to either this hypothetical match-up would be decidedly in Nadal's favor 8-2 or better and even worse for Chang if all the matches were played on clay.

Chang was 3-6 vs. Muster and 0-5 vs. Moya.

VamosRafa
07-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Nadal is not nearly smart as Chang on the court. Chang WILL find a way to win. He will give you hell before you take him down. Remember he won the French serving underhanded... :D

Rafa won RG the first time he played it. Not true with Chang, who had played it the year before he won it.

But Rafa was so good he didn't have to resort to serving serving underhanded.

We are talking about teenagers here, not veterans. And do you really think that Rafa doesn't find a way to win ala Chang and other champions much greater than Chang?

Rickson
07-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Easy to say, because you can't be proven wrong. ;-) But IMO, Rafa does just fine against "other retrievers."
Susan, Susan, Susan. The votes are saying that the people feel Chang would win, but like you said, we'll never know.

VamosRafa
07-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Susan, Susan, Susan. The votes are saying that the people feel Chang would win, but like you said, we'll never know.

Rickson, rickson, rickson, that's because many live in the past, and aren't quite ready to face the future. Or in the present, as it were. :D

Shaolin
07-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Rafa would win 47 /47 times against Chang. Average match time would be 47 minutes.

yoga
07-16-2006, 10:24 PM
talking about never giving up, Chang's defeating Lendl and Edberg to win his 1989 French Open said something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9OfMRb1naI

sandiegotennisboy
07-16-2006, 10:36 PM
you guys are crazy if you think that chang would have a winning record against nadal if both played each other at their peaks. i dont even think nadal has peaked yet. im a roger fan too so that sh1t says a lot. nadal beats chang on all departments, except the net game probably, which most likely wouldnt matter if they ever had a match up because it would be a baseline yo-yo for chang the whole time.

Gundam
07-16-2006, 11:33 PM

Huh? Have you actually seen Chang in action (especially in his prime)? I don't think so. :confused: What matches of him have you watched? Your Nadal's biceps are impressive but what about Chang's legs. And Chang was one of the smartest players.

gooberwho
07-17-2006, 12:31 AM
as much as I like Chang, I think Nadal would simply bludgeon him in matches with his defense and shot-making. I voted 9-1 in favor of Nadal.

and what the heck is American-Honge Konish? I think you were going for "Chinese American." And the territory's name is Hong Kong, which, by the way, has no relation to Chang's family; they're from Taiwan.