PDA

View Full Version : Have noticed a bunch of nonsense posts, here's how to handle it

jukka1970
07-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi all,

Instead of posting responses to posts that are being put up just to tick people off. The two best things to do are this.

1. Don't bother responding to them (or voting)
2. Put them on the ignore list.

I'm still working on the responding thing. But if you click on the persons name and go to profile, there are 2 options add to buddy list, add to ignore list, hit add to ignore list, then submit, and you won't have to deal with them again.

Tennis guy from NorCal
07-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Hi all,

Instead of posting responses to posts that are being put up just to tick people off. The two best things to do are this.

1. Don't bother responding to them (or voting)
2. Put them on the ignore list.

I'm still working on the responding thing. But if you click on the persons name and go to profile, there are 2 options add to buddy list, add to ignore list, hit add to ignore list, then submit, and you won't have to deal with them again.

What does the ignore list do? What do you mean you won't have to deal with them again? Do you still have to read their posts?

malakas
07-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Or better report them!;)

malakas
07-15-2006, 07:56 PM
No.If they are on your ignore list,you can't read their posts.

jukka1970
07-15-2006, 07:57 PM
What does the ignore list do? What do you mean you won't have to deal with them again? Do you still have to read their posts?

It'll hide their posts, and you never have to read them again. Even the ones they start, you'll only see the other peoples responses.

Reporting them is good too malakas, unfortunately it seems that some have found the way around the ban, as I've seen posts and the activity or whatever it's called under the persons name says banned, yet they still can post. So the ignore seems to work the best.

jaykay
07-15-2006, 07:58 PM

Thanks for posting this. I had the same question in my mind.

Jukka - I agree with the overall approach.

Malakas - how do you report an offensive post / poster? Also, sadly, posting moronic, ultra-stupid 'nonsense' is not an offense, is it?

SFrazeur
07-15-2006, 08:00 PM
jukka1970, Those are very good tips for mental health. But if we were to follow them..well, where

would the fun be in that then?

malakas
07-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks for posting this. I had the same question in my mind.

Jukka - I agree with the overall approach.

Malakas - how do you report an offensive post / poster? Also, sadly, posting moronic, ultra-stupid 'nonsense' is not an offense, is it?

There is a little white triangle on the left side of my post,isn't it.If you put your mouse on it ,it say,report bad post..Now..DON'T CLICK IT!!:mrgreen:

But..if you want to report someone else..cough*tennisdog*cough...please do!You will have to write a reason.For example..racistic post.Offensive..rude..etc..
Ehm..moronic isn't a reason.;)

jonolau
07-16-2006, 03:29 AM
Well, looks like TennisDog is not around anymore.

jaykay
07-16-2006, 04:26 AM
Well, looks like TennisDog is not around anymore.

YAY!!!:D

pound cat
07-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Part of messageboards is the fact that you get posts of all sorts, good, bad, stupid, silly, funny, pitiful.

Of course ignore the ones that fit into a category you don't like.

But sometimes is soooooo hard to ignore a post/thread...the mind ticks at the response such a post/thread deserves, and with a will of their own the fingers fly over the keyboard.

Only the very strongest -minded posters are able to ignore all the useless to tennis furthurance posts. The sad think is that we will never know who the strong-minded posters are who managed to ignore these posts. LOL

Good luck to those who pledge to be permanent ignorers.

sandiegotennisboy
07-16-2006, 05:36 AM
this thread belongs in rants and raves and is therefore a nonsense post in the general pro player discussion.

jonolau
07-16-2006, 05:46 AM
this thread belongs in rants and raves and is therefore a nonsense post in the general pro player discussion.
You are definitely on the money here. However, the history why this thread started here was in reply to a poster named TennisDog who was posting a lot of nonsense in the Gen Pro Player section.

Perhaps the mods can now move this to the Rants and Raves section.