PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Tennis String?

the man of tennis
07-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Is this Leopard string any good? I'm looking for power and control and people said that this had it both. I was wondering if anybody uses it and what you guys think.

Prince O3 white
NXT crosses and Hurricane 58 Lbs.

TennisProPaul
07-16-2006, 09:59 AM
i bet its fast to string and fast to break like a leopard

ok ok that was stupid of me

i have never tried it

tnig469
07-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Is this Leopard string any good? I'm looking for power and control and people said that this had it both. I was wondering if anybody uses it and what you guys think.

Prince O3 white
NXT crosses and Hurricane 58 Lbs.

wondering the same thing 2.....but probably not as good as alu

couch
07-16-2006, 01:30 PM
I asked the same thing a couple days ago and got no response. I normally use kryptonite and was wondering how they compare.

jackson vile
07-16-2006, 02:46 PM
i bet its fast to string and fast to break like a leopard

ok ok that was stupid of me

i have never tried it

Well it is good but not as fast as the Cheatah string:mrgreen:

But seriously does it have leopard imprints on it?

mileslong
07-16-2006, 08:15 PM
i would give paws before stringing my racket with leopard string...

hummer23
07-17-2006, 12:25 PM

haha. . .. so dumb, its funny.

emcee
07-17-2006, 12:37 PM

Haha!

I heard Signum Pro Poly is supposed to be better than ALU-Power...is it?

hummer23
07-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Haha!

I heard Signum Pro Poly is supposed to be better than ALU-Power...is it?

I use SPPP, and it doesnt die as fast as alupower. ALu has a better feel and power from the beginging, but it dies in like 1-2 hours. Signum plays well for more like 15 hours for me.

couch
07-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Okay, so back to the original question. Is this stuff any good?

Vitaly Evchenkov
07-18-2006, 08:37 AM
i really have no idea why people say Luxilon ALU power loses tension.. It takes WEEKS for me to notice any drop in tension and then it is only very slight.
Big Hitter and Monogut lose initial tension pretty fast (esp. Monogut) but ALU is a great string for tension stability.

I don't know anything about Leopard strings, but they seem pretty expensive. If I was trying to cut into the Luxilon profits, I would sell my strings for 9.99 or less.

monologuist
07-18-2006, 01:48 PM
For people who have compared Signum Plasma to ALU Power :

How have you found the power levels to compare?
-I had thought that Signum Plasma was definitely lower-powered than ALU, but I have both of them strung up (actually I have the Signum Plasma Hextreme version) with gut crosses at the same tension (58 lbs.) in a Pure Drive, and I feel like I get more depth on my shots with the Signum....not sure if it is a difference in power or in spin though (if the ALU is spinnier, it may seem to have less power)
-I have found that ALU does lose a couple lbs. of tension in the first several sets played...but then it kind of flatlines from there. Unfortunately, I agree that the feel goes south around then too, although it is far from unusable. I had always perceived the string as going dead on the power front (as if it lost its elasticity) somewhat at this point, although I wonder if it was more my perception, due to the loss of feel and liveliness....what do others think?

The Leopard string looks like Plasma, although, it may just be the color....likewise, there are several ALU knockoffs that are silver, but ALU has a feel to it that I haven't found any of its imitators to really reproduce 100%...it feels more soft and slippery.

J-man
07-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Oh crap I just made a double topic

mto
12-10-2008, 12:07 PM
i use Leopard Plus Control 17 in one AG100 and ALU Power in the other.
The leopard definately has more power and the ALU Power more control.

sk8ing
12-11-2008, 12:44 PM
i really have no idea why people say Luxilon ALU power loses tension.. It takes WEEKS for me to notice any drop in tension and then it is only very slight.
Big Hitter and Monogut lose initial tension pretty fast (esp. Monogut) but ALU is a great string for tension stability.

I don't know anything about Leopard strings, but they seem pretty expensive. If I was trying to cut into the Luxilon profits, I would sell my strings for 9.99 or less.

u know ur suk at tennis when.....:)

Gottabekin
12-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I might need to try some Monkey strings

Infl8edEg0
12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
For some reason, this is my favorite poly, hybrided with Isospeed Control on the crosses. From what I've heard, it's identical to Pro Supex Premier Ace. I was lucky cuz I bought my reel for $75 on craigslist, but I would try Premier Ace and Leopard to see if it's true. I wouldn't say it has a lot of power...I personally think it lacks power, but it does have loads of control. It gets kinda hard to hit deep with the ball if you use spin, cuz the spin it has is more...uhh...idk, just spinny, not the control-type of spin.

PROTENNIS63
12-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Premier Ace aka Plus Control is a stiff low powered poly. Control is definitely good but the power is lacking. It is great for the competitive player or the player who takes huge cuts at the ball and tends to hit out. :)