PDA

View Full Version : Federer Stringing- HELP TRAVLERAJM!!

zorg
07-16-2006, 04:54 PM
In another thread, travlerajm said this:
Using a smaller head size allows Federer to string his racquets very loosely. The low tension is required to take full advantage of the Luxilon string technology, giving him more spin due to greater lateral string movement. Unlike Nadal and Roddick, who generate huge spin with vicious uppercuts on their forehands, Federer uses a relatively flat forehand swing trajectory that relies more on the string technology for spin. A larger head size would reduce his spin, so it wouldn't necessarily give him more margin for error on his shots.
That is a very interesting theory, so interesting that I want to try it out. So please help me out, I am supposed to string really low Lux on the crosses (will 53 work?), and something like multis on the mains (at like 56 maybe?)? I can do that, but one question: why do you say that the effect is greater when the Lux is on the crosses, wouldn't it be more on the mains since mains affect the stringbed more?

So do you think the setup I will try ( on my PS 6.0 95 btw) will work?

P.S. I posted the same thing on the Federer head size thread, but I thought this would be a little more formal and would catch your attention more. Hope you see :/

kchau
07-16-2006, 04:56 PM
try 50, fed strings around 46

the mains are the strings that make contact with the ball, but if you want full scale fed style, do it on the crosses.

zorg
07-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Yes but I also want the extra spin effect travlerajm was talking about.

brucie
07-17-2006, 07:02 AM
Go 48 in Lux 50 in the multi That would be mega. Fed uses string savers which stops string sliding so decrease spin? I n my opinion adding string savers adds spin as they grip the ball.