PDA

View Full Version : Roger should play doubles

Chosen One
07-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Why doesn't Federer play doubles to improve his net game? With deadly volley's he would be nearly invincible on tour plus with Max Mirnyi as a good friend and fellow country woman, Martina Hingis it could not be as easier.

Okay, Martina and old Rogie might be bitter after their relationship but Hingis won the mixed at THE AUS OPEN THIS YEAR

zorg
07-16-2006, 06:16 PM
What relationship?

uxnaitoahz
07-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Na. I rather watch him tree out of his mind in singles.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-16-2006, 06:23 PM
after what he called Stephanek before Bjorkman played Stephanek, doubt Hingis would pair up with him.

-k-

uxnaitoahz
07-16-2006, 06:25 PM
after what he called Stephanek before Bjorkman played Stephanek, doubt Hingis would pair up with him.

-k-

Eh? What did Roger call him?

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-16-2006, 06:28 PM
a czech b-word that I won't say in fear of being banned.

-k-

uxnaitoahz
07-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Roger called him a DRATSAB? (read it backwards)
I thought he was a classy sophisticate who would not verbally abuse someone like that.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-16-2006, 06:55 PM
correct

-k-

J-man
07-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Why doesn't Federer play doubles to improve his net game? With ly volley's he would be nearly invincible on tour plus with Max Mirnyi as a good friend and fellow country woman, Martina Hingis it could not be as easier.

Okay, Martina and old Rogie might be bitter after their relationship but Hingis won the mixed at THE AUS OPEN THIS YEARFederer doesn't play as much doulbes because he thinks it will take energy and time away from his main thing singles.

zorg
07-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I doubt Federer said anything like that, and if he did, you have a link to support that claim?

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-16-2006, 07:54 PM
I've seen this story on a webpage, but it was in swedish.

Let me see if I can dig it up for you.

-k-

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-16-2006, 08:10 PM
ah here we go mate, this is what your boy Roger said

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=107802

Now go cry in the corner

-k-

uxnaitoahz
07-16-2006, 09:16 PM
:cry:

:mrgreen:

VamosRafa
07-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Roger plays doubles on occasion with Yves Allegro. They do it for Davis Cup purposes, and also because they are good friends.

For some reason, they seem to play doubles at events I attend, because I've seen them play doubles at at least 4 tournaments. And the opponents' goal is always clear -- keep the ball away from Fed. :D

Usually that strategy works.

But seriously, Roger isn't as good a doubles player as you may think. Certainly that's because he doesn't play doubles much, and he always plays with Allegro. I've actually seen Allegro try to carry the team through, and that was true in their loss in Cincy last year to Friel and Pavel.

Less so this year at IW. They got totally outplayed by Gasquet and Grosjean.

sandiegotennisboy
07-16-2006, 10:15 PM
tennis doubles is dying. who actually watches it. they always have to revamp it to make it interesting to the nonexistent viewers.

LoneGun
07-16-2006, 10:39 PM
ah here we go mate, this is what your boy Roger said

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=107802

Now go cry in the corner

-k-

Sounds like translation problem to me. Don't think they have the word ******* in swedish.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-17-2006, 07:48 AM
believe they do, go get off your couch and learn swedish if you want to know so bad.

-k-

ubel
07-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Why risk injury when he's already comfortably sat at the #1 spot?

callitout
07-17-2006, 02:51 PM

-k-

That label wouldve been much more appropriate to tag on Stepanek After he choked away his match with Bjorkman.

croatian sensation
07-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Federer doesn't play as much doulbes because he thinks it will take energy and time away from his main thing singles.

But he's so dominant in singles. Could doubles really take that much energy and time? His #1 ranking is sealed so strongly he could take a vacation to Bora Bora for 6 months, and he'd still be #1.

Or is it better to say that he wants to stay invincible (except on certain Sundays during clay season), rather than to be #1?

(I'm not trying to bash Fed or something...just wondering if doubles would really distract him off singles course)

callitout
07-17-2006, 03:07 PM
But he's so dominant in singles. Could doubles really take that much energy and time? His #1 ranking is sealed so strongly he could take a vacation to Bora Bora for 6 months, and he'd still be #1.

Or is it better to say that he wants to stay invincible (except on certain Sundays during clay season), rather than to be #1?

(I'm not trying to bash Fed or something...just wondering if doubles would really distract him off singles course)
Roger's so dominant he could vacation in Tora Bora and still emerge #1

croatian sensation
07-17-2006, 03:13 PM

Do some research before playing smart-***. :rolleyes:
http://www.boraboraisland.com/

It's a Tahiti island.

arosen
07-17-2006, 03:34 PM

Tora Bora is a mountainous area in Afganistan, the stronghold of Osama Bin Laden and his Taleban warlords. The area is currently suffering from a paucity of tennis facilities; therefore, it is highly unlikely that Roger would be interested in spending his vacation down there.

croatian sensation
07-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Tora Bora is a mountainous area in Afganistan, the stronghold of Osama Bin Laden and his Taleban warlords. The area is currently suffering from a paucity of tennis facilities; therefore, it is highly unlikely that Roger would be interested in spending his vacation down there.

LOL yes,I know that. That's why I didn't quite get why callitout assumed I was referring to Afghanistan and rushed to correct me and mock my misspelling/lack of knowledge.
Whatever the reason might be, it turned out great.:mrgreen: I had a really good laugh at his attempt of burning me. :mrgreen: