PDA

View Full Version : Wilson fast string contest/Tennis Channel Open

vsgut1954
07-16-2006, 07:23 PM
What was the time of the fast string contest in L.V.? Was it a quality string job, something you would hand to a pro to play a match with?

What kind of string and racquet did they use? I would like to see the winner acheive the same time with Luxilon Alu Rough or Kirschbaum Spikey in a Wilson Rok or a Prestige with a C.A.P. system

Masamusou
07-16-2006, 07:42 PM
According to what was in RSI magazine, the fastest time was 11 minutes 14 seconds. The time takes into account mounting, opening the string package, uncoiling, measuring, and stringing. After the frames were done they apparently underwent some sort of quality-control check. The contest used the n6.1 95 (I would imagine the 16x18 ) strung with Wilson Reaction.

TennisProPaul
07-16-2006, 07:44 PM
it was like 11 min, and the guy won like 10k in products, and a usopen stringing try out.

they used the wilson federer frame i think.

the whole idea of the contest is speed and not the best quality job. as long as they did not miss a string, they were ok

im sure that guy can string any set up fast as he was a beast

dancraig
07-16-2006, 09:14 PM
What brand were those red stringing machines, Wilson?

Greg Raven
07-17-2006, 04:44 PM
The winner, Scott Schneider of Las Vegas, definitely considered the trade-off between speed and quality in putting together a winning approach to this contest. My hat is off to him. For example, he used single half hitches on his knots. As a comparison, tournament stringer John Li of Racquets Rackets in Southern California did the racquet as he would for one of his customers, and finished in about fourteen minutes.