PDA

View Full Version : Yikes!!!.... Anna Kournikova

slack hack
07-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm no expert but she looks emaciated in these pics.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060710/483/894750bd8b27419f9265da1d317e8511

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060710/483/6bce95e647b64833aff8869cc6b098b1

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060707/ids_photos_sp/r133615056.jpg

and seems to be in serious denial.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=15644&bannerregion=

hope I'm wrong. :(

lacoster
07-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Mattek looks twice as big next to her....
________
Mflb (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

VamosRafa
07-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Anna looks terrible. Sorry, but the gaunt look works for models, kind of, but we dont' expect those waifs to be out there hitting balls on the tennis court. Anna looked so healthy a couple years ago. Now she looks like a scarecrow, and no one with the lack of muscle is going to play good tennis????

ACE of Hearts
07-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Wow:o , those cant be photoshopped.She better grab some wings and start eating!

VamosRafa
07-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Wow:o , those cant be photoshopped.She better grab some wings and start eating!

She was featured in US weekly, too, as the current generation of waifs -- but they are actresses, not athletes.

But according to Us Weekly, she and Enrique are having problems, and that's why she has lost so much weight.

I don't care why she has lost it -- she's a terrible image for young girls who want to be successful athletes. It was hard enough for them to possibly have the body she had a few years ago -- which looked pretty much perfect -- but man, now they have to try for this?

And they have to do that and be able to play good tennis, too?

Rickson
07-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Mattek looks twice as big next to her....
Bethanie is twice as big as every WTA or WTT player.

sandiegotennisboy
07-16-2006, 08:41 PM
she looks Anna-rexic

Swissv2
07-16-2006, 08:43 PM
some idiot modeling agency probably told her to "lose your damm pounds, we can't have any 'fat' people in our photoshoots".

I ono. She needs to beef up though, I thought she was just fine before

superman1
07-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Newsflash: she is not a professional athlete anymore. She looks fine. Like us, she just plays tennis for fun. Despite what some women would have you believe, it is possible for a woman to have a figure like that and not have an eating disorder. When your routine consists only of cardio and you keep yourself on a strict, healthy diet, that's what happens. For all we know she could be a full blown anorexic, but let's give the gal the benefit of the doubt.

sandiegotennisboy
07-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Newsflash: she is not a professional athlete anymore. She looks fine. Like us, she just plays tennis for fun. Despite what some women would have you believe, it is possible for a woman to have a figure like that and not have an eating disorder. When your routine consists only of cardio and you keep yourself on a strict, healthy diet, that's what happens. For all we know she could be a full blown anorexic, but let's give the gal the benefit of the doubt.

dude how can you not see the girl needs to eat some bacon and pork rinds. she looks like nicole richie.

superman1
07-16-2006, 08:54 PM
So because she is slim you want her to pack her arteries with bacon and pork rinds?

ACE of Hearts
07-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Hey superman, not everyday, it dont hurt to eat some pork chops once in awhile, seriously the girl needs to eat.

superman1
07-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Okay, on second look at those pictures, her legs do look really skinny. Like sticks. I was just looking at her upper body, which looks fine.

uxnaitoahz
07-16-2006, 09:10 PM
:mrgreen: Hantuchova had the same problem. Oh well, I don't care about Anna. As long as Kirilenko and Sharapova aren't like that, I'm good. :mrgreen:

goober
07-16-2006, 09:14 PM
:mrgreen: Hantuchova had the same problem. Oh well, I don't care about Anna. As long as Kirilenko and Sharapova aren't like that, I'm good. :mrgreen:

Why? They aren't giving you the time of day either.

AJK1
07-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Nice bod, shame she has an ordinary head.

sandiegotennisboy
07-16-2006, 09:19 PM

sharapova has man shoulders, and both can never be as hot as anna----even with anna looking like an emaciated corpse

VamosRafa
07-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey superman, not everyday, it dont hurt to eat some pork chops once in awhile, seriously the girl needs to eat.

I agree. Maybe some of you guys think these waifs are sexy. But I agree, Ace, give them a sandwich or something. And hope that the current emphasis on being skinny, with respect to the movies and modeling, doesn't spill over to normal life.

But this type of comment won't help: "[They] can never be as hot as anna----even with anna looking like an emaciated corpse." Ewwwww!

uxnaitoahz
07-16-2006, 09:22 PM
sharapova has man shoulders, and both can never be as hot as anna----even with anna looking like an emaciated corpse

I think that crunk juice is getting into your head. Either Maria > any other female tennis player. (notice the period)

MirkoMecir
07-16-2006, 10:24 PM
I see Anna brought her ski poles to the court. Wait a minute, those are her legs!

For a beautiful tennis bod, I'd go with Gisela Dulko tops, then Nastya (Myskina).

Dilettante
07-16-2006, 10:50 PM
She looks fine.

Honestly, how can you say she looks fine? I don't care a girl looking thin or chubby, there are many ways for a girl to look fine, but in these pictures Anna just doesn't look healthy. It's more remarkable because she was one of the prettiest girl on sports, she used to look like a fresh apple and look at her now.

If I was Enrique, or her brother or parent or friend, or whatever, I would be seriously worried. No joke. It's a health matter.

Rhino
07-17-2006, 01:23 AM
dude how can you not see the girl needs to eat some bacon and pork rinds. she looks like nicole richie.
No wonder there are so many fat people in America. You see a girl who's natural physique is to be slim, and you all freak out and want her to eat ***** food and fatten her up.
Some people really do have healthy bodies like that, just because you've never known it where you come from, doesn't make it wrong.

Kobble
07-17-2006, 01:29 AM
I brought this up before. I told you.

Phil
07-17-2006, 01:31 AM

I think YOU'RE in denial. Look at her upper arms and legs...classic anorexia. She needs to eat a few pizzas. Call 911...or Domino's.

Rhino
07-17-2006, 02:18 AM
I think YOU'RE in denial. Look at her upper arms and legs...classic anorexia. She needs to eat a few pizzas. Call 911...or Domino's.
Give me a break. You guys are so used to pizza and double chins you've actually recalibrated what 'normal' means in your head. People like Anna scare you because they remind you how you haven't taken care of yourself. In Europe where more people eat properly and healthily, that body shape is not considered abnormal.

HyperHorse
07-17-2006, 02:30 AM
Not that i really care about Anna K...
but she is skinny... full stop.

bertrevert
07-17-2006, 03:01 AM
ugh yuk
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/sp/080203annakournikova/im:/060707/ids_photos_sp/r1963276086.jpg;_ylt=AhGAVmeiWF4QJcvBCJM4VwuMKsMA; _ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

Phil
07-17-2006, 03:20 AM
Give me a break. You guys are so used to pizza and double chins you've actually recalibrated what 'normal' means in your head. People like Anna scare you because they remind you how you haven't taken care of yourself. In Europe where more people eat properly and healthily, that body shape is not considered abnormal.

It's not a question of "Europe" or "America"-this isn't a thread designed as an excuse for you or any other a**wipe to take more potshots at America. Eating "healthily" means, above all else, EATING! Emaciated is not, in anyone's definition, on any continent, healthy. If she's "normal" now, then what whas she a few years ago, according to your "calibrations"...fat?

Rhino
07-17-2006, 03:37 AM
It's not a question of "Europe" or "America"-this isn't a thread designed as an excuse for you or any other a**wipe to take more potshots at America. Eating "healthily" means, above all else, EATING! Emaciated is not, in anyone's definition, on any continent, healthy. If she's "normal" now, then what whas she a few years ago, according to your "calibrations"...fat?
Well, for a person of 5'9", 169 lbs to 202 lbs is overweight. Anna has never reached that weight.
It's funny that when you see the phrase 'eating healthily', all your eyes pick up on is the word 'eating'.
Trust me I know girls of Anna's body shape who do not have eating disorders. They just visit the gym a couple of times a week and don't have Dominos on speed dial for whenever they're hungrey.

pound cat
07-17-2006, 04:03 AM
I believe that Anna's naturally long and lanky, as she explained. (Like Dementieva, Hantichova) Don't you know that people who are built this way live for a long, long time, don't have heart attacks, diabetes, etc. because they are not only genetically programmed to this body shape, but also because they eat sensibly.

Be happy for her and jealous of all slim people...and cut the killer saturated fats suggestions.

Ronaldo
07-17-2006, 04:14 AM
I see Anna brought her ski poles to the court. Wait a minute, those are her legs!

For a beautiful tennis bod, I'd go with Gisela Dulko tops, then Nastya (Myskina).

Jelena Jankovic has a sweeeeeeeeeeeeet physique. But if 6 hrs/day of tennis training bulked-up Anna, wonder what Serena would look like if she trained that long. Or if she tried the Anna-Diet.

bebots
07-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Oof, check out the arms.

a before pic:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/justin_gimelstob/12/22/comebacks/p1_kournikova_1222.jpg

here's another current pic:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=12ec328b53cf4ea2bbe4882ddd0288c1.team_t ennis_kournikova_mawp104&prov=AP

Mr.Federer
07-17-2006, 11:25 AM
she looks Anna-rexic

huh...good one

oscar_2424
07-17-2006, 11:46 AM
she works out at golds gym in south beach, i have seen her a couple of times, she is really skinny nothing sexy

Ronaldo
07-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Can remember AK recommended diet on her workout video and she was eating 2000 to 2500 calories/day. Maybe she thinned out like Gabriella Sabatini? http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56342690.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE4FA5C9F8060BC886
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/53023800.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=780858ABC91EC21495F944F9AACAC50D

Dilettante
07-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Trust me I know girls of Anna's body shape who do not have eating disorders. They just visit the gym a couple of times a week and don't have Dominos on speed dial for whenever they're hungrey.

Have you taken a look to her recent pictures ot you just will keep on speaking b***it.

Ripper
07-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I have to admit it, AK is a bit too thin. I blame that stupid modeling world she's in. But still, nothing a bunch of calories and a couple of hours of therapy won't fix :)

Richie Rich
07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Bethanie is twice as big as every WTA or WTT player.
except Serena

croatian sensation
07-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Well anorexia or not...I won't judge that, she looks too thin. Period.

VamosRafa
07-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Oof, check out the arms.

a before pic:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/justin_gimelstob/12/22/comebacks/p1_kournikova_1222.jpg

here's another current pic:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=12ec328b53cf4ea2bbe4882ddd0288c1.team_t ennis_kournikova_mawp104&prov=AP

That's a good comparison. I saw Anna play when she was still on Tour, and I was always struck by how physically perfect she appeared. I could see why the guys were lining up to watch her and Martina play doubles on Court 3.

She doesn't look that way now.

But it is true that some of the players get thinner when they stop playing, as they have less muscle. Certainly true of Gaby -- who looks fabulous in that photo, and also we saw that recently with Monica Seles. Who looks very good, too.

http://images.absolutenow.com/rp/5966_seles_88633619.jpg

K. Wilson Moose
07-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Susan, the link to Seles doesn't work.

As for Anna, she is way too thin. If she doesn't have an eating disorder, I would be surprised. Hope she gets herself together, because she is certainly beautiful when at a healthy weight.

Marat Safinator
07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
never was attracted to her before, still am not attracted to her. she now looks anorexic on top of that.

SB
07-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Reminds me of pictures of her when she was 12, all arms and legs and feet. Except for the boobs. If she had a weight problem, wouldn't her chest disappear?

sureshs
07-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I agree. Maybe some of you guys think these waifs are sexy. But I agree, Ace, give them a sandwich or something. And hope that the current emphasis on being skinny, with respect to the movies and modeling, doesn't spill over to normal life.

Look, women (and men) in normal life are just plain obese. That is what the stats say. Normal is not good in this case. It is just a setting on the washing machine, as Navratilova says.

I know, because I lost 45 lbs since I started playing tennis and that is why I keep playing it (apart from the love of the game and all that). And the emphasis on leanness is not current. It has been there along, but punctuated by a few rounded specimens like Marilyn Monroe.

Is she abnormal because many women are always struggling with their weight and look like they are pregnant when they are not? Anorexia is a different issue and a serious one but we don't know that yet about her.

And all the research I read about is conclusive that low calorie intake is the ONLY definitive factor in the prevention of many diseases and longevity, whether it is in mice or men.

arosen
07-17-2006, 04:40 PM
She looks 1/2 the size she was when I saw her in Tampa, in person. She had a damn near perfect body. From these pics, she needs help, and quick. The fact that she is still playing WTT is good news, means she would have to eat something as part of the routine, but all that " I am naturally lanky" denial crap is a strong warning sign that she is on her way to anorexia. Anorexia has a very poor prognosis, not many realize that it actually kills an overwhelming number of people diagnosed as anorexics.

Wondertoy
07-17-2006, 04:57 PM
I never found her attractive but I like her better now. I like the slimmer look.

Phil
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Well, for a person of 5'9", 169 lbs to 202 lbs is overweight. Anna has never reached that weight.

You're either illiterate or not reading the right column. Those numbers sound like they would apply to MEN (and they seem very HIGH for 5'9") Men and women are different physically, but YOU probably never noticed that.

mctennis
07-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Sorry all you posters thinking she is "normal". Her weight with her size isn't normal. Stick with what you know about.

Topaz
07-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Look, women (and men) in normal life are just plain obese. That is what the stats say. Normal is not good in this case. It is just a setting on the washing machine, as Navratilova says.

I know, because I lost 45 lbs since I started playing tennis and that is why I keep playing it (apart from the love of the game and all that). And the emphasis on leanness is not current. It has been there along, but punctuated by a few rounded specimens like Marilyn Monroe.

Is she abnormal because many women are always struggling with their weight and look like they are pregnant when they are not? Anorexia is a different issue and a serious one but we don't know that yet about her.

And all the research I read about is conclusive that low calorie intake is the ONLY definitive factor in the prevention of many diseases and longevity, whether it is in mice or men.

Maybe obese was your norm, but please don't speak for all women and men. 'Normal' as it is being used in this thread is a HEALTHY weight, not over, and not under.

She is abnormal because we can see the ligaments and tendons holding her joints and muscles together. Either you haven't looked at the before and after pics some others have posted, or you're just arguing to argue.

Rhino
07-17-2006, 05:38 PM
You're either illiterate or not reading the right column. Those numbers sound like they would apply to MEN (and they seem very HIGH for 5'9") Men and women are different physically, but YOU probably never noticed that.
Actually Phil the figures are for correct for all adults. This is of course assuming that Anna's BMI (“body mass index”) stayed below 25 at her heaviest, although it's more complicated with athletes, some may have a BMI that identifies them as overweight even though they do not have excess body fat.
For a guy that recommends pizza (and even has the word Coke in his signature), I can pretty much guess what you look like, and your lack of knowledge on these issues doesn't surprise me.
You can lard it up all you like in the comfort of your own pig pen but recommending junk food to others is just plain irresponsible.

sandiegotennisboy
07-17-2006, 05:41 PM
That's a good comparison. I saw Anna play when she was still on Tour, and I was always struck by how physically perfect she appeared. I could see why the guys were lining up to watch her and Martina play doubles on Court 3.

She doesn't look that way now.

But it is true that some of the players get thinner when they stop playing, as they have less muscle. Certainly true of Gaby -- who looks fabulous in that photo, and also we saw that recently with Monica Seles. Who looks very good, too.

http://images.absolutenow.com/rp/5966_seles_88633619.jpg

theres a difference. monica was a fat hog but kournikova was perfect.

ShooterMcMarco
07-17-2006, 06:01 PM
someone please give that girl a cheeseburger or 5

Steve Dykstra
07-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, for a person of 5'9", 169 lbs to 202 lbs is overweight.

For any person? I'm sure it must be different for men and women. I am 5'11 and 185 and not overweight.

My friend is 6' and 220 pounds and is not overweight.

sandiegotennisboy
07-17-2006, 07:10 PM
its all enrique's fault---stupid pre-cancerous molehead.

Phil
07-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually Phil the figures are for correct for all adults. This is of course assuming that Anna's BMI (“body mass index”) stayed below 25 at her heaviest, although it's more complicated with athletes, some may have a BMI that identifies them as overweight even though they do not have excess body fat.
For a guy that recommends pizza (and even has the word Coke in his signature), I can pretty much guess what you look like, and your lack of knowledge on these issues doesn't surprise me.
You can lard it up all you like in the comfort of your own pig pen but recommending junk food to others is just plain irresponsible.

Those figures are not correct. No legit chart lumps males and females together You obviously pulled them out of your arse. Anna K. is not "normal" NOW by any standards, so for HER, yes, I'd recommend a pizza or two, but you're ability to spot humor/sarcasm, etc. is, sadly for you, degraded.

Oh, btw, you guessed wrong. Again.

TennisProPaul
07-17-2006, 07:50 PM
I Dont Care If She Is Thin Or Fat, The Fact Is I Would Still Give Her A Sensual Massage With A Happy Ending!!

kv581
07-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Phil,
Unfortunately, while BMI is interpreted differently for boys and girls of pediatric age (<20 yrs old), it actually does group together the entire ADULT population irregardless of gender. This is one of the reasons why BMI isn't the greatest classification, only one of the easiest. Still, BMI can offer somewhat of a generalized characterization, which could be useful if you don't know any other medical/personal information about the person.

Rhino,
Kournikova was likely never obese, but no one here is saying she ever was. On the other hand, judging from the pictures above, I think it's a real possibility that she is now underweight (even if we stick with BMI calculations), and probably by a pretty good margin too.

Steve Dykstra,
Actually, 6' and 220lbs IS considered overweight if going purely by BMI, and so is 5'11" and 185lbs. Does that mean you or your friend is overweight? Not necessarily. There are many other factors that BMI doesn't take into account. This is why medical professionals usually don't rely on just one single measurement, especially not one as imperfect as BMI.

Phil
07-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Phil,
Unfortunately, while BMI is interpreted differently for boys and girls of pediatric age (<20 yrs old), it actually does group together the entire ADULT population irregardless of gender. This is one of the reasons why BMI isn't the greatest classification, only one of the easiest. Still, BMI can offer somewhat of a generalized characterization, which could be useful if you don't know any other medical/personal information about the person.

Rhino,
Kournikova was likely never obese, but no one here is saying she ever was. On the other hand, judging from the pictures above, I think it's a real possibility that she is now underweight (even if we stick with BMI calculations), and probably by a pretty good margin too.

Steve Dykstra,
Actually, 6' and 220lbs IS considered overweight if going purely by BMI, and so is 5'11" and 185lbs. Does that mean you or your friend is overweight? Not necessarily. There are many other factors that BMI doesn't take into account. This is why medical professionals usually don't rely on just one single measurement, especially not one as imperfect as BMI.

kv581 - I agree-as you said, BMI is not a perfect measurement, but it's better than some out there. However, my comments on AK are based on a simple VISUAL analysis. At one time, she had what some might consider a "perfect' body. Now, she's a bag of bones. And, she's no longer an everyday touring pro, so the argument that she's training hard and buring off calories, doesn't wash. Her level of weight loss-enough to render fairly obvious and shocking visual evidence-seems, if not anorexic, pretty extreme at the least.

As for height/weight/BMI measurements, I recall a couple bodybuilder types-serious meatheads-who worked in my office in a previous job. They were both around 5'9" and weighed around 230, and both had body fat %ages below 10...as this was in the military, they were constantly being ordered to go to "Fat Boys' Class" (remedial PT after work) and they constantly responded-in so many words-"FU, check my body fat level." Eventually they were checked for that and let off the hook for the class, but then the "authorities" started testing them for 'roids! No one got busted, but they would have been better off going to the class (I ran it at one time-I was not a pleasant PT instructor to have-unless you happened to be a friend:) ).

sureshs
07-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Maybe obese was your norm, but please don't speak for all women and men. 'Normal' as it is being used in this thread is a HEALTHY weight, not over, and not under.

Over 50% of the population is considered overweight, if not obese. We are just not used to seeing "skinny" people any more. Movie theaters have been expanding the seat size for many years now.

In pro tennis, players are weighed often - sometimes once a day (I have seen a program on Gisela Dulko where she mentions that). Her coach has a narrow range for her weight - no more, no less. Anna might have been thru such a regimen all her playing years. If you are below a certain weight, you cannot generate power, however hard you swing. If you are not a professional player any more, you are free to be skinny.

Diabetes can also cause people to become skinny.

As I said, we don't know that she is anorexic or bulimic. But if she is suffering from a medical condition, would she really be able to play doubles, even in exhibitions? I would imagine she would collapse.

DJ Edwards
07-17-2006, 10:26 PM
No wonder there are so many fat people in America. You see a girl who's natural physique is to be slim, and you all freak out and want her to eat ***** food and fatten her up.
Some people really do have healthy bodies like that, just because you've never known it where you come from, doesn't make it wrong.

Hi, I'm Troy Macclure and you might remember me from such infomercials as 'Get confident, Stupid!" and 'Smoke your way thin.'

Americans carry some extra poundage, for sure, but the rest of the world carries some extra 'tarage' in their lungs from smoking the death sticks we have basically banned from use everywhere in our country. Not hard to figure out why so many two pack a day, leather faced euros look so slim and this coming from one of the biggest francophiles ever born to two red-blooded American parents. Consider yourself lucky Phil chose not to pour a 50, 000 gallon payload of battery acid over your excrement of a post, and this delivered by one of the newest fleet of anti-wildfire aircrafts being manufactured by Boeing right in the heart of Smokeless USA, Southern California.
PSSSSSSSSSSSS.
God bless America and Vive la France

superman1
07-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Who is that in your profile pic, Phil? I always assumed it was you. Seemed to fit with your personality.

OrangeOne
07-17-2006, 11:30 PM
She is abnormal because we can see the ligaments and tendons holding her joints and muscles together. Either you haven't looked at the before and after pics some others have posted, or you're just arguing to argue.

Ok - i'm about to be pedantic here... but you can really see ligaments and tendons in those pics? I doubt it. I can maybe see evidence of a biceps tendon in the second pic, but no more or less than i'd expect to see in many low-bfat players.

Sure - you can see more muscle definition in these pics than in the past for Anna - she's clearly sitting at a lower bodyfat. Clearer definition in the arm muscles (triceps and biceps in pic 2, shoulders and certainly the quadriceps (picture 2 is a great illustration of the middle head of the quad which is not often seen except in low-bfat-individuals :) ).... but there's little on display of tendons or ligaments - primarily because, apart from a few here or there (biceps, achilles) it's rare too see too much of too many - ESP ligaments, which connect bone to bone and are thus a bit "buried".

For the record - she's low-body-fat in these pics. She may be a little too low, but personally I doubt it. I will say this, and say it with confidence: if the whole of the western world (ie. those of us with enough access to food) were the same bodyfat as her, we'd be a VERY MUCH fitter world!. By this I'm saying that it'd be better if we were all fit & thin (or a little to thin) on average, as opposed to (on average) very overweight!

Phil
07-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Who is that in your profile pic, Phil? I always assumed it was you. Seemed to fit with your personality.

It's your sister-I borrowed it from your family album.

Rhino
07-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Those figures are not correct. No legit chart lumps males and females together You obviously pulled them out of your arse.
Hmmmm, talking to you is like trying to cancel an AOL account, no matter how many times you're proved wrong you just won't let it go.
BMI does 'lump' (why am I not surprised you chose that word) males and females together. Get over it.
Anna K. is not "normal" NOW by any standards, so for HER, yes, I'd recommend a pizza or two, but you're ability to spot humor/sarcasm, etc. is, sadly for you, degraded.
You're damn right AnnaK is not normal, she's very very hot.
Humor? Dude all that school playground ***** like 'I bet you don't know the difference between girls and boys', you call that humor? You always end your posts with some pathetic little juvenile rant, but I've yet to see anything close to humor, you're like beavis and butthead without the irony.
I actually think you just blindly argue on for the sake of it like nadalgirl26 and simon cowell.
Anyway, this is getting rather stupid. I've looked at the photos again.
Anna doesn't to me look in any 'danger' or anorexic. Hantuchova was much skinnier than this at one time.
I spoke up over this mainly because a girl I went out with for 5 years has a very similar frame. It is just her natural build. She goes to the gym, sure, but also eats a lot and just never puts on weight. She's perfectly happy and more healthy than most people I know. Now and again an overweight person would make some remark about being too skinny, but it was usually out of jealousy because she generated a lot of male attention.

Phil
07-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Hmmmm, talking to you is like trying to cancel an AOL account, no matter how many times you're proved wrong you just won't let it go.
BMI does 'lump' (why am I not surprised you chose that word) males and females together. Get over it.

You're damn right AnnaK is not normal, she's very very hot.
Humor? Dude all that school playground ***** like 'I bet you don't know the difference between girls and boys', you call that humor? You always end your posts with some pathetic little juvenile rant, but I've yet to see anything close to humor, you're like beavis and butthead without the irony.
I actually think you just blindly argue on for the sake of it like nadalgirl26 and simon cowell.
Anyway, this is getting rather stupid. I've looked at the photos again.
Anna doesn't to me look in any 'danger' or anorexic. Hantuchova was much skinnier than this at one time.
I spoke up over this mainly because a girl I went out with for 5 years has a very similar frame. It is just her natural build. She goes to the gym, sure, but also eats a lot and just never puts on weight. She's perfectly happy and more healthy than most people I know. Now and again an overweight person would make some remark about being too skinny, but it was usually out of jealousy because she generated a lot of male attention.

The rest of your innane comments aside, you may have gone out with a girl with a "similar" build, but if it was her "natural build" as you say, that indicates that she's always been built like that. Right? AK has, obviously, and you're blind to this, I know, experienced a fairly drastic CHANGE in her body shape and has, based on the photographic evidence, gone from her "natural" build to a state of near-emaciation. She is Skeletor.

Thanks for proving my point. It took you long enough. Ace up the 'T. Thank you. Good evening. Tool.

superman1
07-18-2006, 01:01 AM
You're nothing but a bunch of sharp retorts, eh Phil? That'll won't get you very far in life but it is very effective if you live on internet message boards. Keep it up!

Phil
07-18-2006, 01:04 AM
You're nothing but a bunch of sharp retorts, eh Phil? That'll won't get you very far in life but it is very effective if you live on internet message boards. Keep it up!

Well what kind of response did you expect to such a question? You asked for it, spanky, didn't you?

BTW, it's kinda ironic that a guy who posts on these Boards OVER 10 TIMES A DAY is telling me that I "live on Internet message boards". You probably post on other boards, too. I don't. So next time, rather than coming off as a complete fool, try not saying anything at all. You'll be much better off...

slack hack
07-18-2006, 07:24 AM
As I said, we don't know that she is anorexic or bulimic. But if she is suffering from a medical condition, would she really be able to play doubles, even in exhibitions? I would imagine she would collapse.
ever hear of a player named Daniela Hantuchova?

sureshs
07-18-2006, 08:40 AM
ever hear of a player named Daniela Hantuchova?

I have even watched her practise from close.

So what are you saying? She is anorexic as well?

Topaz
07-18-2006, 08:52 AM
I have even watched her practise from close.

So what are you saying? She is anorexic as well?

It has been well discussed and documented...when she first started to rise up the ranks she worked out harder and harder, and ate less and less. She was underweight and frail and started losing, and dropped in the ranks. Now she's back at a healthy weight and working her way back up again. She was horribly underweight, and it was frightening to look at...you felt like she might break at any moment.

At her current weight, I would doubt Anna would compete very well...she wouldn't have the endurance or the strength.

Ronaldo
07-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Got bodyfat????????? http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/71457661.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3C818346D0F7E60DF559B73419

armand
07-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Some people eat more when under stress. Some people eat less. Hantuchova was under stress and that's why she became so skinny. And I'd also guess that perhaps Kournikova's relationship with Enrico has gone wrong and now she's under stress because I've never seen her that thin, ever.

Topaz
07-18-2006, 09:12 AM
It seems like many people here keep confusing BMI and height/weight charts. They are not exactly the same thing.

Here are two charts that I like for BMI, weight, height:

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/wecan/learn-it/bmi-chart.htm

http://www.consumer.gov/weightloss/bmi.htm

You use your height and weight to calculate BMI, but as others have said, it doesn't classify everyone correctly. Professional athletes often show up 'obese' on the chart, when they are clearly not obese because of their muscle mass. BMI does not take into account body fat percentage, which tells a much greater tale as to whether or not someone is obese.

I'm 5'4", so according to the chart, a healthy weight range for me is 110-140. I've also seen other charts that separate the range into ages and men and women. This is a good starting point, but again...it is not the end all and be all of determining health. I've known plenty of 'skinny' people who couldn't run around the block without collapsing.

And, no matter how pendantic some of you think it is....based on those pictures, Anna is *not* at a healthy weight or BMI for whatever reasons...whether it is stress from her relationship or something else. We've seen it before in women's tennis (Daniela) so it isn't like those of us critical of how skinny she's become are out of our heads or something.

And we aren't talking about the rest of the world or you or your mom...we're talking about Anna K.

It is just as dangerous to be underweight as it is to be overweight...*particularly* if you are a woman. I'll listen to someone who wants to disagree with facts and research (good luck with that), but not those of you who are making crap up from your living room couches and can't see beyond Anna's boobs and blonde hair to see evidence of a real problem.

Richie Rich
07-18-2006, 09:38 AM
It has been well discussed and documented...when she first started to rise up the ranks she worked out harder and harder, and ate less and less. She was underweight and frail and started losing, and dropped in the ranks. Now she's back at a healthy weight and working her way back up again. She was horribly underweight, and it was frightening to look at...you felt like she might break at any moment.

At her current weight, I would doubt Anna would compete very well...she wouldn't have the endurance or the strength.

Hantuchova actually said that she lost the weight because her parents were splitting up and she was stressed and she ate less. That was her story anyway. She looks normal now.

Ronaldo
07-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Anna needs a trip or 10 to Rallys for those fully loaded bacon cheddar ranch fries, http://www.checkers.com/menuRallys.html.

kv581
07-18-2006, 12:39 PM
If anything, she is anorexic, not bulimic. Bulimic patients are more often than not of normal weight, though they are no healthier than anorexic patients. In fact, bulimia is more often fatal than anorexia.

As for anorexic patients, oftentimes there is a component of over-excercise, possibly to amazing degrees. It's one thing if someone is anorexic yet tries to stay competitive on a world-class level. But for exhibitions, which are lower in intensity AND frequency, I don't see any reason why she cannot compete, even if she is anorexic.

Ronaldo
07-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Btw, anyone see her compete at WTT? Saw Pete play for Newport Beach against Sacramento on OLN Sunday but no Anna in the dubs.

Rhino
07-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks for proving my point. It took you long enough. Ace up the 'T. Thank you. Good evening. Tool.
Dude honestly. Just read back through the ***** you type.
Each thread quickly turns into a tit-for-tat my pecker is bigger then yours because I can come up with what I think is a clever insult.
You come across as someone very very young, very angry and bitter, yet desperate to be seen as clever and funny (but unfortunately lacking any of the necessary imagination and wit - see your next post for examples).

Anyway, I have better things to do tonight than deal with idiots like you, Phil, enjoy your constant bickering and childish tantrum type responses.
;)

Phil
07-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Each thread quickly turns into a tit-for-tat my pecker is bigger then yours because I can come up with what I think is a clever insult.
You come across as someone very very young, very angry and bitter, yet desperate to be seen as clever and funny (but unfortunately lacking any of the necessary imagination and wit - see your next post for examples).

Anyway, I have better things to do tonight than deal with idiots like you, Phil, enjoy your constant bickering and childish tantrum type responses.
;)

Nice...my next post will say that you're lame-just going after me, personally, but totally unable to defend your nonsense statements about eating disorders-it's a way to cover your ignorance, but you're the only one being fooled. Ignorance is bliss, and that makes you just about the most blissful person around here, now doesn't it?

Steve Dykstra
07-18-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm in no position to judge if someone is anorexic based on pictures, but what I can say is that she used to be much more attractive a couple years ago. She is still very attractive even in the recent pics, but no longer among the most beautiful women in the world.

Swissv2
07-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Ana does NOT have the body of an athlete anymore. Doesn't look that good. And, no, this is not an American issue vs Euro issue. If so, every friggen soccer player in the world cup should look like pencils and every friggen American soccer player should have looked like cartman from southpark.

Stop this bull-talk about Euro vs American.

sandiegotennisboy
07-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Ana does NOT have the body of an athlete anymore. Doesn't look that good. And, no, this is not an American issue vs Euro issue. If so, every friggen soccer player in the world cup should look like pencils and every friggen American soccer player should have looked like cartman from southpark.

Stop this bull-talk about Euro vs American.

lol

VamosRafa
07-18-2006, 06:57 PM

;)

Rhino, a bit of well-meaning advice here. Yes, you can argue with me and come out okay -- with maybe just a bruise or two.

Won't be that way with Phil. Trust, me, I know. He will have you and pretty much anyone else here for lunch, if he doesn't get banned for doing so.

Forewarned is forearmed as they say. ;-)

Rhino
07-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Rhino, a bit of well-meaning advice here. Yes, you can argue with me and come out okay -- with maybe just a bruise or two.

Won't be that way with Phil. Trust, me, I know. He will have you and pretty much anyone else here for lunch, if he doesn't get banned for doing so.

Forewarned is forearmed as they say. ;-)
Oh vamos, what we had was not an arguement! It was a gentle probing. I was careful to be very nice to you, I complimented you and I thought we came out of it as 'friends', correct me if I'm wrong.....?

As for Phil, well you may have had trouble with boys like him in the past but believe me, I will continue to make him look stupid whenever I can be bothered, it's quite fun! Him and Simon Cowell are like Beavis and Butthead. Phil just needs to get laid, he'll be alright.

As I said, I went out with a girl whose body shape resembles Annas current slim appearance, and she is totally healthy. At no time did my ex-girlfriend spend every day on the professional tennis circuit with the extensive training and diet that puts the muscles and the meat back onto an otherwise lanky frame, as it did with Anna for nearly 15 years.
As I said in my first post on this matter, I think some people just live in an environmaent where, frankly, they just get used to eating pizzas and seeing fat people. I do not live in this environment. Anna looks fine.

artworks
07-19-2006, 12:11 AM
The porno kid strikes again!

Phil
07-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Oh vamos, what we had was not an arguement! It was a gentle probing. I was careful to be very nice to you, I complimented you and I thought we came out of it as 'friends', correct me if I'm wrong.....?

As for Phil, well you may have had trouble with boys like him in the past but believe me, I will continue to make him look stupid whenever I can be bothered, it's quite fun! Him and Simon Cowell are like Beavis and Butthead. Phil just needs to get laid, he'll be alright.

As I said, I went out with a girl whose body shape resembles Annas current slim appearance, and she is totally healthy. At no time did my ex-girlfriend spend every day on the professional tennis circuit with the extensive training and diet that puts the muscles and the meat back onto an otherwise lanky frame, as it did with Anna for nearly 15 years.
As I said in my first post on this matter, I think some people just live in an environmaent where, frankly, they just get used to eating pizzas and seeing fat people. I do not live in this environment. Anna looks fine.

"Gentle Probing"? I think you had more than that done to you lately. Still under the illusion that AK doesn't have a problem? You need to get a reality check. Again you mention your girlfriend, and I'm sorry to have to tell you that your experience dating skeletor does not make you an instant authority on eating disorder-in fact, if anything, it further blinds you to it. But you're ready to make the claim that because I, or other people don't date skeletons and think that AK is not looking like the VERY healthy AK that she once looked like, we all must be fat pigs. You seem to think it's all down to geography-the US vs. whatever armpit of a place you exist in.

Doesn't work that way. Fat is fat and thin to the point of unhealthy is just that. A DRASTIC weight loss is almost ALWAYS an indicator of a problem-that's how doctors determine that there is a problem, and that's how one can determine if there is a possible eating disorder or, something close to it. AK once looked very healthy-her "nornal" appearance "for 15 years"...Now she does not. You don't just SHRINK after playing (in fact, if anything, ex-pro athletes GAIN weight because they are not doing the kind of training they once did). . There are men that have a fetish for obese women...you must be the opposite, since you're in denial about this. Go read a book on it or something.

End of story, another ace up the 'T, but unfortunately, you're not even enough for lunch, as Vamos mentioned. Just a light snack. Do me a favor and order me a pizza, spanky. And while you're at it, get off your arse and bring me a 12-pack. Mmmmmmm, yummmmm....munchy munch.

slack hack
07-19-2006, 03:35 AM
Some people eat more when under stress. Some people eat less. Hantuchova was under stress and that's why she became so skinny.

I'm pretty sure I read and interview done, after her
"recovery", in which admits to feeling pressure to be
thin because she was doing so many magazine shoots and
so much attention was being given to her looks.

armand
07-19-2006, 04:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I read and interview done, after her
"recovery", in which admits to feeling pressure to be
thin because she was doing so many magazine shoots and
so much attention was being given to her looks.I don't buy it, because I think her thin condition was at the same time as her parents seperation. I don't think it was a coincedence. And what magazine would she have been shooting for, 'Angels of Anorexia'?

She seems like a really private person and wouldn't admit to it. And I don't think I've ever seen Hantuchova anywhere near overweight/not ready for a magazine shoot.

chess9
07-19-2006, 05:53 AM
I agree she looked better two years ago, BUT I know a lot of female runners and triathletes and this look is not uncommon for someone who eats properly and does a lot of cardio. Having said that, if she is having problems with her main squeeze I would not be surprised if she is having trouble eating or is trying to please him (rookie move). Regardless, to assume an eating disorder without knowing her personal details is a bit over the top. Give her some slack....

-Robert

OrangeOne
07-19-2006, 06:04 AM
I agree she looked better two years ago, BUT I know a lot of female runners and triathletes and this look is not uncommon for someone who eats properly and does a lot of cardio. Having said that, if she is having problems with her main squeeze I would not be surprised if she is having trouble eating or is trying to please him (rookie move). Regardless, to assume an eating disorder without knowing her personal details is a bit over the top. Give her some slack....

Thank god someone else can state a sane & realistic perspective on all of this.

Personally, I'm a little depressed that so many people feel that someone who is clearly fit and of low-body-fat is necessarily ill, simply because it's not commonly seen. As you've said - head to a triathlon, a track-meet, any local gym - and you'll see people who are thin who, amazingly, have a low-enough body-fat to show some muscle definition.

Phil
07-19-2006, 07:52 AM
I agree she looked better two years ago, BUT I know a lot of female runners and triathletes and this look is not uncommon for someone who eats properly and does a lot of cardio. -Robert

On the other hand, there are a number of female athletes-runners, skaters, gymnasts-who DO suffer from eating disorders-all the training they do just exacerbates their condition.

No one has her medical files in hand, but it's kinda obvious that a former pro athlete, who looked VERY healthy (and with very little body fat for a woman), suddenly turns up in pictures, as an ex-touring pro, looking 30 pounds or so lighter and "skinny" to say the least. Ex-touring pros normally GAIN weight, not lose it in bundles.

Dedans Penthouse
07-19-2006, 08:06 AM
"Gentle Probing"? ......bring me a pizza....and a 12-pack.... Mmmmmmm, yummmmm....munchy munch.
Phil's Mom:

"Phillip??!!! What's that noise??! That'd better be Anna Kornikova you're eating and not another pizza; remember what the doctor said!"

:-)

Swissv2
07-19-2006, 08:14 AM
so what next, we are going to hear that Amelie Mauresmo is fat, Justine Henin-Hardenne is fat, Martina Hingis is fat, and oh damm....Lindsey Lohan and Nicole Richie were perfectly fit when they were skinny back then!

give me a break.

SFrazeur
07-19-2006, 08:48 AM
she looks Anna-rexic

Good one. Proud of you.

156MPHserve
07-19-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm worried about her health but she still looks very hot to me.

On the other hand... I'm worried about everyone wanting her to become Serena. Considering most are men on this forum, maybe it's time to face reality. Your girlfriend/wife is overweight, these bodies are actually what you'd want to acheive. They represent what happens when you stick to a healthy diet and regular exercise.

SER
07-19-2006, 09:37 AM
she looks pretty damn disgusting in those pics

however please don't get me wrong, i'd still do her again

Ronaldo
07-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm worried about her health but she still looks very hot to me.

On the other hand... I'm worried about everyone wanting her to become Serena. Considering most are men on this forum, maybe it's time to face reality. Your girlfriend/wife is overweight, these bodies are actually what you'd want to acheive. They represent what happens when you stick to a healthy diet and regular exercise.

Rather have Serena and Anna look like Denise Paglia, http://www.fitness-polska.com.pl/denise3.jpg

SFrazeur
07-19-2006, 11:41 AM
she looks pretty damn disgusting in those pics

however please don't get me wrong, i'd still do her again

Got pictures? No? Then you got nothing.

tennisboy87
07-19-2006, 12:18 PM
She doesn't look too great in those pictures.

Rhino
07-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Thank god someone else can state a sane & realistic perspective on all of this.
Personally, I'm a little depressed that so many people feel that someone who is clearly fit and of low-body-fat is necessarily ill, simply because it's not commonly seen. As you've said - head to a triathlon, a track-meet, any local gym - and you'll see people who are thin who, amazingly, have a low-enough body-fat to show some muscle definition.
Precisely. It's very sad that some people are now so used to body fat that for them it is the norm. My brother and sister travel the world doing triathlons. I went with them to the New Zealand championships this year (where amoungst the competitors were the Olympic Gold and Silver medallists - both kiwis). Almost everybody looked like Anna does in those pix, and these are literally some of the fittest and healthiest people on the planet.

If, like some people who post here, all you've ever known are pizzas and internet chat forums, then a super fit person is probably something scarey, initimidating and hard to even comprehend, let alone recognize.
Often such people, whilst comfort-eating pizzas in their state of naive denial, will lash out and call girls like Anna names like 'Skeletor', but we all know that the truth is they'd cut off their right arm to tap her (foolishly erasing the one source of sexual pleasure they've ever known).
I guess it must be tough though when you can't even remember the last time you got laid - next time they should at least keep the receipt. ;)

Swissv2
07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
I guess it must be tough though when you can't even remember the last time you got laid - next time they should at least keep the receipt.

ooo. cheap and lame shot. Comparing someone's sex life to the amount of body fat is idiotic, but nice try you dolt.

Phil
07-19-2006, 05:12 PM
ooo. cheap and lame shot. Comparing someone's sex life to the amount of body fat is idiotic, but nice try you dolt.

Yeah, but that's all he's got...he's incapable of sticking to the specifics of the argument because he's beyond dumb, and certainly way beyond his depth here. His argument: "My girlfriend is skinny. Ergo, AK is not an anorexic." Brilliant. Outgunned and outclassed, and nothing left but cliches. My dog has better insults.

VamosRafa
07-19-2006, 08:41 PM

You aren't wrong -- otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered to give you some advice.

Which you haven't heeded, but since you are having fun and believe you are more than a match for Phil, I'll just sit back and enjoy the show. ;-)

slack hack
07-19-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't buy it, because I think her thin condition was at the same time as her parents seperation. I don't think it was a coincedence. And what magazine would she have been shooting for, 'Angels of Anorexia'?
GQ for one. She was the cover girl.

She seems like a really private person and wouldn't admit to it. And I don't think I've ever seen Hantuchova anywhere near overweight/not ready for a magazine shoot.
If they had normal perceptions of their bodies
they wouldn't be anorexics.

Rhino
07-20-2006, 01:46 AM
You aren't wrong -- otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered to give you some advice.

Which you haven't heeded, but since you are having fun and believe you are more than a match for Phil, I'll just sit back and enjoy the show. ;-)

haha. Yeah I do seem to have really got to him, he's pretty agitated, he just won't leave me alone now - following me around like a lonely chihuahua, snapping meekly and impotently at my heels - it's almost disappointing how easy he's been to wind up, a real mis-match (reminds me of when Federer played Alan Mackin last year)!
I guess after spending so many wasted posts trying to tell me that there is no chart that lumps together mens and womens weights, he still feels he has an awful lot of ground to make up to save face, so he just can't bring himself to let it go. Poor little thing, what's he gonna do if I stop feeding him?

Phil
07-20-2006, 02:00 AM
haha. Yeah I do seem to have really got to him, he's pretty agitated, he just won't leave me alone now - following me around like a lonely chihuahua, snapping meekly and impotently at my heels - it's almost disappointing how easy he's been to wind up, a real mis-match (reminds me of when Federer played Alan Mackin last year)!
I guess after spending so many wasted posts trying to tell me that there is no chart that lumps together mens and womens weights, he still feels he has an awful lot of ground to make up to save face, so he just can't bring himself to let it go. Poor little thing, what's he gonna do if I stop feeding him?

No face saving required here. Charts, your skeletor date...and you still haven't proven to us why AK, with her drastic weight loss, is "healthy" or in your words, "eating healthily (sic)". The visual record is obvious...that you can't see it, seems that you've got something missing there, buddy. But at least you're learning something from this exchange, because I see you've been combing my old posts for good language to borrow e.g. the chihuahua ref.

Rhino
07-20-2006, 02:34 AM
No face saving required here. Charts, your skeletor date...and you still haven't proven to us why AK, with her drastic weight loss, is "healthy" or in your words, "eating healthily (sic)". The visual record is obvious...that you can't see it, seems that you've got something missing there, buddy. But at least you're learning something from this exchange, because I see you've been combing my old posts for good language to borrow e.g. the chihuahua ref.
Oh phil please, that was just such a let down again, give me at least some worthy resistance here. Start by getting a first serve in for chrissakes!
In your dreams people might read your old posts - when you're not busy dreaming about tapping Anna K that is - but in reality you're the only one who does, sorry to break it to ya dude.
As I said, my sister (an ex nutritionist) and brother in law are both triathletes. In fact my bro has just qualified for the world championships. I can assure you that I am well used to being around very very healthy and fit people who look just like Anna.
I think she looks fine, that's my opinion. Of course neither of us know the intimate details of her life, It's possible she has a problem and it's possible she doesn't. Just opinions, so just get over it dude, all this stress (and bad diet) is bad for your health and your profile.
PS: 'healthily' is an adverb.

Phil
07-20-2006, 03:31 AM
Oh phil please, that was just such a let down again, give me at least some worthy resistance here. Start by getting a first serve in for chrissakes!
In your dreams people might read your old posts - when you're not busy dreaming about tapping Anna K that is - but in reality you're the only one who does, sorry to break it to ya dude.
As I said, my sister (an ex nutritionist) and brother in law are both triathletes. In fact my bro has just qualified for the world championships. I can assure you that I am well used to being around very very healthy and fit people who look just like Anna.
I think she looks fine, that's my opinion. Of course neither of us know the intimate details of her life, It's possible she has a problem and it's possible she doesn't. Just opinions, so just get over it dude, all this stress (and bad diet) is bad for your health and your profile.
PS: 'healthily' is an adverb.

And so Healthily is a real word...I don't remember ever seeing it, and no one actually uses it, but it's there-in OED as a "derivative" of "Healthy"...gotta hand it to people who write in derivatives. You must be British---Brits tend to speak in other languages, even when trying to speak English.

Anyway, again, the sum total of your experience in eating disorders is that you're gf is a stick, and so, now it's your brother. Have any of them experienced DRASTIC weight loss in a short period of time? Yes? No? Do they tend to remain roughly at the same weight, month in and month out? You haven't explained to me how it is possible to do that while going OFF the training, or at least hard training, and still be healthily healthy.

Of course I don't know the details of AK's life, but I know an eating disorder when I see one, or at least, one in the making. That's my educated opinion You've said nothing to disprove that. You're big on useless antecdotal evidence, like, "I know a person...", but, if I wanted, I could break that out too, but it's not too effective. I've known, and worked with a few anorexics-not because I SAY they were so...they were/are clinically diagnosed as such. I even had to go on a business trip with one, and believe me, it was not fun-especially in a client-based business where EATING (and drinking) are extremely important in building relationships.

Funny, but this SAME argument occured on this board a couple years ago when Hantuchova was going through HER stick phase...she denied it publically, as they all do, and some know-it-all like you came on and argued, in the same meeley-mouthed fashion that NO, NO WAY does Daniella have anorexia! It can't BEEEE!!! GAWD...the evidence couldn't be clearer if it cracked you over the head. Check the before and after shots-and do the same for AK, won't you?

I'm sure you read my old posts...everyone should. I've used chihuahua or some variation for years for those who are just that.

babbette
07-20-2006, 04:37 AM
She looks too thin. Serena needs to lend her some of her *** and thighs.:mrgreen:

Dedans Penthouse
07-20-2006, 07:25 AM
She looks too thin. Serena needs to lend her some of her *** and thighs.:mrgreen:Hey, I'm all for 'ebony & ivory' but blending Serena's "fundaments" and "pins" on Anna's frame would make her look like the Dell Computer Cow! lOL!

It would look like those '58 Chevys that they presently drive around in Havana; e.g., a white model with black doors and green quarter panels slapped on; not a good look in the continuity department.

Butt, she (Anna) could be a little more callipygian, jmo.

Rhino
07-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Could be a lot worse.... :)
http://www.freakingnews.com/galleryimages.asp?contest_id=1074&display=photoshop

Roger is Boring
07-20-2006, 12:09 PM
oh gross! now she's gone and starved herslef like all the other sick hollywood *****s.she was way hotter when she had a fuller figure and she was still skinny!

ShooterMcMarco
07-20-2006, 02:14 PM

The sad thing is, Nicole Richie and Lindsey Lohan (at the time) didn't need to be photoshopped to get the point across.

KuramaIX
07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
When I watched anna at the sidelines in the sac caps match, she was constantly eating. I don't think she has a eating disorder. Everyone has their ups and downs and slipups, cmon now...

Roy
07-21-2006, 02:28 AM
Waaaaaayyy too skinny !!

SER
07-21-2006, 09:17 AM
When I watched anna at the sidelines in the sac caps match, she was constantly eating. I don't think she has a eating disorder. Everyone has their ups and downs and slipups, cmon now...

don't people with eating disorders actually it more though? this girl i know that had an eating disorder ate all the time she just always went to the bathroom to throw it up afterwards

Steve Dykstra
07-21-2006, 10:02 AM
don't people with eating disorders actually it more though? this girl i know that had an eating disorder ate all the time she just always went to the bathroom to throw it up afterwards

That's a different type of eating disorder called bulemia. Anorexic people simply don't eat.

tangerine
07-21-2006, 11:23 AM
ROTFL. That website is hilariously sick! :D

Grigollif1
07-21-2006, 12:28 PM
And so Healthily is a real word...I don't remember ever seeing it, and no one actually uses it, but it's there-in OED as a "derivative" of "Healthy"...gotta hand it to people who write in derivatives. You must be British---Brits tend to speak in other languages, even when trying to speak English.

Anyway, again, the sum total of your experience in eating disorders is that you're gf is a stick, and so, now it's your brother. Have any of them experienced DRASTIC weight loss in a short period of time? Yes? No? Do they tend to remain roughly at the same weight, month in and month out? You haven't explained to me how it is possible to do that while going OFF the training, or at least hard training, and still be healthily healthy.

Of course I don't know the details of AK's life, but I know an eating disorder when I see one, or at least, one in the making. That's my educated opinion You've said nothing to disprove that. You're big on useless antecdotal evidence, like, "I know a person...", but, if I wanted, I could break that out too, but it's not too effective. I've known, and worked with a few anorexics-not because I SAY they were so...they were/are clinically diagnosed as such. I even had to go on a business trip with one, and believe me, it was not fun-especially in a client-based business where EATING (and drinking) are extremely important in building relationships.

Funny, but this SAME argument occured on this board a couple years ago when Hantuchova was going through HER stick phase...she denied it publically, as they all do, and some know-it-all like you came on and argued, in the same meeley-mouthed fashion that NO, NO WAY does Daniella have anorexia! It can't BEEEE!!! GAWD...the evidence couldn't be clearer if it cracked you over the head. Check the before and after shots-and do the same for AK, won't you?

I'm sure you read my old posts...everyone should. I've used chihuahua or some variation for years for those who are just that.

You can't make judgements like that based on 3 little Pictures. You have to see her live, or in a video to have a descent perspective on it. Using angles on pictures can make almost anyone look really skinny. Roger Federer has very lean arms and body, similar to Guga Kuerten. if you separate some pictures at some angles, judging that way, you can make a case that they look anorxic as well. When Actually they are very fit, lean athletes...with naturally low bodyfat.

You say educated opinion, based on a 3 Pics? I think you are just steering controversy.. move along , Pal... ;)

kv581
07-21-2006, 12:42 PM
That's a different type of eating disorder called bulemia. Anorexic people simply don't eat.
Actually, believe it or not, anorexics can binge eat also.

The main differences between anorexia and bulimia:
1. Anorexic people are below the minimal level of expected weight for age and height; bulimic people generally have normal weight.
2. Anorexic girls do not get periods; bulimic girls do.

Otherwise, they are pretty similar disorders. Bulimics ALWAYS binge eat; anorexics may or may not. Both may purge by voluntarily vomiting or use laxatives... or they may not.

The most important thing to remember is that neither is healthy!

Grigollif1
07-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Lokk in this Pic of the same event, at a different angle she doesn't look so Thin: http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/sp/080203annakournikova/im:/060707/ids_photos_sp/r477305658.jpg;_ylt=AiMPrajBj7ysXoXgFPlY9J3NaMYA;_ ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

On the other hand look how skinny the girl she is signning Autograph Looks:
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/sp/080203annakournikova/im:/060707/ids_photos_sp/r1729934426.jpg;_ylt=At2.4kUwCUKq5_bUzLNQJt2MKsMA; _ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

The point is you just can't make this types of Judgmentes basen on pictures...

GRANITECHIEF
07-21-2006, 01:53 PM
To me, she looks way too thin with the bony arms and strange definition in her shoulder and underarm.

The girl that she is signing the autograph is probably like 12-13. Pretty normal for that age to be skinny.

Steve Dykstra
07-21-2006, 02:36 PM
You can't make judgements like that based on 3 little Pictures. You have to see her live, or in a video to have a descent perspective on it. Using angles on pictures can make almost anyone look really skinny. Roger Federer has very lean arms and body, similar to Guga Kuerten. if you separate some pictures at some angles, judging that way, you can make a case that they look anorxic as well. When Actually they are very fit, lean athletes...with naturally low bodyfat.

You say educated opinion, based on a 3 Pics? I think you are just steering controversy.. move along , Pal... ;)

Go back and look at the before and after pics from post 32. If you can't see that she has lost a LOT of weight, then I don't know what to tell you. You seriously think it is the angles?

lacoster
07-21-2006, 04:10 PM
The girl that she is signing the autograph is probably like 12-13. Pretty normal for that age to be skinny.

My sentiments exactly. Anna needs a wake-up call stat.
________
Bmw m106 history (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_M106)

framebreaker
07-22-2006, 06:48 PM
lol, funny:mrgreen:

framebreaker
07-22-2006, 06:56 PM
some women here want AK to be anorexic rather than athletic because it makes them feel better about their own body.
you can bash me if you want but we know it's true :cool:

tennisprofl
07-25-2006, 04:25 PM
i watched anna k. on wtt and her arms were quite skinny, yet the part that was most noticible and looked as if she had a disease were her shoulders. they were very odd looking, and her stomach also looked bloated. i dont know what is wrong with her...but something is

superman1
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Her stomach looked bloated? That's not a good sign. But if she was that malnourished, there's no way she'd be able to even play tennis.

splink779
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Turn on the Tennis Channel right now. She looks like she has a bit of a problem. She is also NOTICEABLY WEAKER when you watch her hit the ball.

tennisprofl
07-25-2006, 04:29 PM
yeah thats what im talking about...her stomach looks bloated on the tennis channel

tennisprofl
07-25-2006, 04:29 PM
and her shoulders look very angled and screwed up

OrangeOne
07-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Turn on the Tennis Channel right now. She looks like she has a bit of a problem. She is also NOTICEABLY WEAKER when you watch her hit the ball.

Oh my god - she's noticeably weaker when she hits balls? This is someone who used to train full-time (well, full-time-ish, we're talking about AK here :)), who has retired from the full-time game and lives a different life now, and now plays exhibitions mostly for fun. Of course she's going to look weaker when she hits the ball.

i watched anna k. on wtt and her arms were quite skinny, yet the part that was most noticible and looked as if she had a disease were her shoulders. they were very odd looking, and her stomach also looked bloated. i dont know what is wrong with her...but something is

Now we're assuming she's malnourished to the point of bloating? Oh my god! Maybe she'd had some milk that morning. Maybe too many croissants at breakfast. Maybe it was 'that time of the month' for her. Who knows?

I'm still amazed that we live in a world that sees muscle-definition and therefore assumes anorexia.

Topaz
07-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Orange, she's noticeably weaker than she was last season on WTT, when she was also retired, living a different life, and playing exhibitions mostly for fun. Nice try though.

If you saw her on TV tonight, then you saw *NO* muscle definition...there was no muscle. Her arms are unbelievable scrawny. And to think the TV supposedly adds 10 pounds? Yikes.

I still can't believe that some of you look at her on TV, look at her current pictures, and think that's the picture of health. You're freakin' nuts.

SB
07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Does she look any smaller than in this photo, from 11 months ago?

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=53471703&cdi=0

sandiegotennisboy
07-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Does she look any smaller than in this photo, from 11 months ago?

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=53471703&cdi=0

she looks healthier in that pic. now shes all nicole-richie-like, its scary.

OrangeOne
07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Orange, she's noticeably weaker than she was last season on WTT, when she was also retired, living a different life, and playing exhibitions mostly for fun. Nice try though.

Yup, except now she's a year further into retirement than she was before, maybe she's changed what she does or how she does it, doesn't make her anorexic.

If you saw her on TV tonight, then you saw *NO* muscle definition...there was no muscle. Her arms are unbelievable scrawny. And to think the TV supposedly adds 10 pounds? Yikes.

I didn't, but every photo people have shown of her of late show excellent muscle definition, with very minimal bodyfat. There's a difference between that & wasted away. She's still clearly an athlete, and in many sports, especially those like running, triathlon - she's be the same build as every elite and serious amateur competitor.

I still can't believe that some of you look at her on TV, look at her current pictures, and think that's the picture of health. You're freakin' nuts.

Why thanks for that objective and fair assessment of our mental health. I've studied fitness & nutrition as part of working part time as a group / personal trainer. I've trained people to gain muscle and lose fat. I've fitness-trained teams of people to perform in sport at higher levels. She's exceptionally low bodyfat, for sure. She might be too slightly too low, and that's something that no-one other than her trainers & doctors could know.

But it's only western society that has taught everyone to think that the look of low-bodyfat is a bad thing, and it's because of the prevalence of crap food that we eat. Eating a good, healthy diet.... and exercising loads.... actually makes it quite hard to put on & store fat. I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's much healthier to be slightly too low BF than slightly too high, and most people are very too high.