PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite out of the WTA top ten?

The Grand Slam
07-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Which player out of the WTA singles top ten do you find the best and most enjoyable to watch player? Basically just who do you like overall out of all of them?

Henin-Hardenne for me! Every graceful shot from her amazes me. Why she isn't the world no. 1, I have no idea. If both players are playing their absolute best, I think Henin-Hardenne would beat Mauresmo. Henin-Hardenne's beautiful backhand is also a strong point. She also scuffled around, doing what the commentators called 'little Justine steps'. She just slid along the clay to get the ball. xD Justine ownz.

oscar_2424
07-17-2006, 06:51 AM
you dont make sense

The Grand Slam
07-17-2006, 06:53 AM
I do; you're just being picky and not really reading what I'm saying.

Use your eyes. You have them for a reason.

oscar_2424
07-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Relax, it was my bad;) get off the caffeine.

oscar_2424
07-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Now to answer your question i pick Mauresmo

chrisak47
07-17-2006, 07:02 AM
Yawn...People who like Justine obviously have the crappy sportsmanship like her...I really hopes she burns on the hot summer sizzling courts during the US Open Series and Open...

Anyways...A fun player to watch would be...Elena Dementieva or Kim Clijsters...

I love watching Elena's hard hitting flat groundstrokes and her somewhat counterpunching on some points. Its amazing how she comes back after like 2-5 in the second set.

I also love watching Kim's grinding...I haven't seen a split in a while though.

brucie
07-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Cannot decide out of Justine, Maria, and Amelie so no vote.

helloworld
07-17-2006, 07:55 AM
I don't watch WTA, boringgg ...

Egalite
07-17-2006, 12:02 PM
H-H's backhand may be effective, but it's technically quite poor. She "falls off" the ball instead of following through. Mauresmo's backhand is aesthetically far more pleasing.

Bones08
07-17-2006, 12:05 PM
I Like Them All, But Not Like I Like Some That Are Out Of The Top 10 Right Now.

emcee
07-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah I don't really like any of them but Clijsters and Elena both seem pretty nice.

Babblelot
07-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Justine edges out Patty in a close one.

Marat Safinator
07-17-2006, 03:36 PM
davenport.

croatian sensation
07-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Justine. Hope she gets to #1 till the end of the year.

Alexandros
07-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Clijsters, for her athleticism, sportsmanship and the way she unloads on those shoulder high forehands.

chrisak47
07-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I don't really like players with the 1HBH at all. Mauresmo's is effective but it is simply too...Ugly? IMO though. Justine's backhand falls back too much and she doesn't recover into the court as fast.

Elena Dementieva looks perfect on groundstrokes...I bet she would be ranked a lot higher if she got her serve together. Its a shame really...I saw videos of Elena before she had her shoulder problems and he serve was A LOT more consistant and a lot flatter if you ask me. Though, he groundstrokes are a lot more punishing now than back then.

Clijster's forehand is nice too...He speed is awesome and he backhand is good too. She takes a huge swing at the ball giving more power, spin, and better timing. I love her sportsmanship and how kind she is...

I don't really care for Maria Sharapova. He game seems too 1 dimensional along with Kuznetsova. I hate Mary Pierce for her crappy attitude. She smiles after every error her opponent makes and most know the inncident in 05 with the USOpen Semi-finals..

Petrova seems boring and so is Schynder...

Free_Martha
07-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Davenport.

Rob the Tennis Player
07-17-2006, 05:46 PM
A. Mauresmo

typingchamp
07-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Clijsters . . . what a sweetie. What a ferocious game. No weaknesses except maybe she doesn't desire it as much as the others.

armand
07-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Dementieva. She's one of the few players(male or female) that makes the 2HBH seem so natural. Plus, she's cute and has that sexy grunt.

GhostLigre
07-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I think Patty Schnyder has an awesome playing style. Her cunning, crafty lefty game is pleasing to watch. Plus, her long, loopy forehand looks so fluid. I just wish we can get the chance to see more of her on TV. She has a great clay-court game, even defeating Henin-Hardenne at the Finals in Charleston.

The Grand Slam
07-18-2006, 12:13 AM
I don't watch WTA, boringgg ...

Then, rather than spamming, why don't you post on the ATP poll instead, or just plain not post here at all? I honestly don't think anyone in this thread cares whether or not you like the WTA or not.

helloworld
07-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Then, rather than spamming, why don't you post on the ATP poll instead, or just plain not post here at all? I honestly don't think anyone in this thread cares whether or not you like the WTA or not. Sorry that my honesty hurt your feeling.;)

The Grand Slam
07-18-2006, 12:23 AM
How did you come to that conclusion? I don't even care.

If you don't like the WTA, that's your problem, not mine. I'm just saying, your post was completely pointless and was unnecessary. It looks like it was just an act of getting your post count up...

lay-z-i
07-18-2006, 02:25 AM
personally, after looking at the wta top 10 i realized that i dont like watching any of them. I dont really like henin that much. Shes an amazing player but watching her play I find is boring because..she always wins! (with a few exceptions of course) Nadia Petrova isnt too bad. When shes angry thats fun! And I enjoy watching her hit with that western grip. Myskina will be in the top 10 very soon. Especially since davenport and pierce arent gonna be contending much longer. I like myskina for her unpredictability and her sometimes "mercule" shots.

By the way, does anyone still enjoy watching sharapova anymore? I certainly dont. Her grunting is so fake! Like when she hits drop shots ( WHEN she does.....) she screams like someone shot her foot! I just hope someone blows her out of the water and shuts her up!!

GhostLigre
07-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Myskina will be in the top 10 very soon. Especially since davenport and pierce arent gonna be contending much longer. I like myskina for her unpredictability and her sometimes "mercule" shots.
by lay-z-i

What do you mean by mercule? Anyways, I was watching Myskina up close while she was hitting at a practice court with her coach. This was at Indian Wells (Pacific Life Open) 2006. She was hitting great. I do agree that her shots, especially her forehand, look like she's waving her racket around like some kind of dancing baton. She really does look like a dancer when she plays. Though, I don't admire her for her inconsistency at remaining in the top 10.

35ft6
07-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Schnyder and Mauresmo are my faves in the top 10. I'd totally make out with Patty. And Amelie can make out with her after I'm done.

jukka1970
07-20-2006, 01:13 AM
My pick is Clijsters. She may only have 1 slam under her belt, but I love her heart on and off the court. And it's amazing how she does those split slides and gets the ball back. Definitely a fighter, and as someone else said, maybe the desire isn't a 100% as far as wanting the trophy. But you can see that she loves the game, and also sees that it's not the only thing in her life. Pure sportsmanship too.

I like Mauresmo too, and now that she has the 2nd slam title, and basically the monkey off her back, she'll probably relax more, and get into her game quicker.

Polvorin
07-20-2006, 03:08 AM
For her game, of course. Not for her on-court personality, that's for sure. ;)

Polvorin
07-20-2006, 03:09 AM
H-H's backhand may be effective, but it's technically quite poor. She "falls off" the ball instead of following through. Mauresmo's backhand is aesthetically far more pleasing.

Maybe you should give Justine some coaching on how to hit the backhand better. :p

I guess it's just a matter of taste. I think it's the prettiest shot I've ever seen.

Max G.
07-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Mauresmo, Henin, Schnyder, Dementieva.

Marat Safinator
07-20-2006, 04:17 PM
davenport, pierce, clijsters and mauresmo.

scotus
07-20-2006, 08:56 PM
The 5-foot-5 "allez" gets my vote. Some characters flaws, but what a player!

theace21
07-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Davenport - Hope she has one more good run...If not, she has had a great career.

GhostLigre
09-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Dementieva's groundstrokes are of beauty. Her ability off both wings is amazing. And to think, even with such a horrific serve, she remains in the top 10, even in the top 5 now, due to her amazing groundies and mental toughness. I give her credit for fighting back so much.

justineheninhoogenbandfan
09-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Look at my login name and you will see who my favorite is. I voted for her.

pirateofthecarribean
09-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Where are the Williams sisters in this poll? My picks go to Venus and Serena Williams!

Tennis Man
09-17-2006, 07:12 AM
1 Justine, 2 Amelie 3 Maria

pirateofthecarribean
09-17-2006, 07:14 AM
1. Venus Williams
2. Serena Williams
3. Lindsay Davenport
4. Jennifer Capriati (if she returns)