PDA

View Full Version : Nadal injured, again

MsPiggy
07-17-2006, 11:51 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-mercedescup-nadal&prov=ap&type=lgns

Oricus
07-17-2006, 11:54 AM
He probably is tired from the clay to grass season. I'd take a break if I was him all the way till Toronto

Ripper
07-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Well, I guess that's what happens when you play like him.

Shabazza
07-17-2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...ts/OtherSports/

Seems like he doesn't want to play Toronto, don't know if playing just Cincy before the USO will be enough preparation for him!

Marat Safinator
07-17-2006, 02:32 PM
He is just tired I think, a pity that he isnt injured.

helloworld
07-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Nah, he just needs more time making out with his girlfriend.:)

VamosRafa
07-17-2006, 04:19 PM
*rofl* Yeah, Rafa looks super injured as he and his gf haven't missed a PDA beach opportunity since Rafa left Wimbly. ;-)

But they are incredibly cute, and really, when you look at it, the guy hasn't had a break from tennis between Monte Carlo and now.

And he's taking it. And is going to rest and recharge his batteries before training again. In fact, he still hasn't picked up a racquet, as the physicians are advising that he take a bit of time off, and slowly ease himself into training again.

Does that mean he's injured, or is he just pacing himself? And having an excuse to skip tournaments he is commited to?

You be the judge. :D

oscar_2424
07-17-2006, 04:20 PM
*rofl* Yeah, Rafa looks super injured as he and his gf haven't missed a PDA beach opportunity since Rafa left Wimbly. ;-)

But they are incredibly cute, and really, when you look at it, the guy hasn't had a break from tennis between Monte Carlo and now.

And he's taking it. And is going to rest and recharge his batteries before training again. In fact, he still hasn't picked up a racquet, as the physicians are advising that he take a bit of time off, and slowly ease himself into training again.

Does that mean he's injured, or is he just pacing himself? And having an excuse to skip tournaments he is commited to?

thanks for the update

VamosRafa
07-17-2006, 04:22 PM
thanks for the update

Well, I'm *nearly* the biggest Rafa fan here, and do I sound concerned about an injury? ;-)

Marat Safinator
07-17-2006, 04:38 PM

he doesnt look incredibly cute, incredibly stupid.

VamosRafa
07-17-2006, 05:16 PM
he doesnt look incredibly cute, incredibly stupid.

So you've never been in love? Sorry, that's a rhetorical question. Because if you had been, you'd understand.

ollinger
07-17-2006, 05:20 PM
I anticipate a relatively brief, spotty career for him. Recent history reveals that players who throw themselves so violently into every shot go from injury to injury, as with the Williams sisters, for example.
________
Washington Marijuana Dispensaries (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

VamosRafa
07-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I anticipate a relatively brief, spotty career for him. Recent history reveals that players who throw themselves so violently into every shot go from injury to injury, as with the Williams sisters, for example.

And that prediction and $1.75 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

That's all it's worth. ;-)

armand
07-17-2006, 08:05 PM
If I were Nadal, I would take a break right up to the US Open. Come on, he's gonna walk through his draw for the first week at least and that'll be enough to get him ready for the 2nd week. Isn't?

Anyway, I really wish Rafa would take it much easier at smaller events and save himself for the Slams. Someone needs to convince him to slow the f*** down.

Breaker
07-17-2006, 08:26 PM
I can't wait to see him here in Cincy again, last year his night match with Berdych was absolutely electric, I picked Berdych before the match to my dad too lol. Berdych saved at least 3 match points with great shotmaking and then finished it with a tiebreak in the third. Probably the best match I've seen live at least. So in other words, Nadal hopefully isn't injured or that's one less reason to go to the tourney, his live matches are tremendous to watch, or it could just be because I like Berdych ;)

Luca
07-18-2006, 03:30 AM
He is just tired I think, a pity that he isnt injured.

As we can see in almost ALL your posts about Nadal, itīs obvious you donīt like him at all, and thatīs OK, you donīt have to like his game or his personality. He has enough fans, I think..
But I could never understand why someone wants a player to get injured.
Can you explain us why are you so full of hate about this guy?

rafael nadal
07-18-2006, 06:37 AM
its prob because he hits so much topspin. imagine his wrist in 30 years time!

Surecatch
07-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Well, I guess that's what happens when you play like him.

This is why I've had the sense since last summer that Nadal, as much as I like him and watching him, is a prime candidate for early burnout. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see persistent injuries slow his career to Agassi like activity levels by the time he's 24.

johnkidd
07-18-2006, 07:33 AM

Maybe that's the reason he's taking some time off. I really think it's tough to have two Masters series back to back like they do in Toronto and Cincinnati and the top players are entered in both. Why they don't do LA/Washington/Toronto/Indy/Cin'ti is beyond me. You have the three lower tier events in a row the the two Matsers as it currently stands. Many guys (including Agassi last year) pull out of Cin'ti if they get deep in Toronto. I think the current format waters down you Masters events.

Shabazza
07-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Maybe that's the reason he's taking some time off. I really think it's tough to have two Masters series back to back like they do in Toronto and Cincinnati and the top players are entered in both. Why they don't do LA/Washington/Toronto/Indy/Cin'ti is beyond me. You have the three lower tier events in a row the the two Matsers as it currently stands. Many guys (including Agassi last year) pull out of Cin'ti if they get deep in Toronto. I think the current format waters down you Masters events.
I'm curious how they'll change the shedule in 2009. As it is now, it can only get better!

jjk20
07-18-2006, 03:34 PM

I wouldn't say that the William sisters go from injury to injury because of throwing themselves into every shot. I'd say it was because of a lack of fitness/training, therefore they are more susceptible to being injured and that they come back too early after an injury.