PDA

View Full Version : n6.1 tour gut

tennis-skater
07-17-2006, 12:52 PM
ok so im getting my n6.1 tour tomarrow and i dont know what strings i want i would like to try a gut hybrid and the lady at the pro shop was trying to convince me to not put a gut/alu power rough hybrid in because she said there opposites of each other and dont work to well and reccomended i go with full gut or a gut/synthetic gut hybrid. i dont really break to many strings but on my last 2 string jobs i had been wearing the strings out to almost breakage in about 3 weeks (17 gauge multis ) but cut them out before they broke {didnt want it to break in a tourny} so what would you guys reccomend?

looseswing
07-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Well I play with gut (55 lb) and alu rough (52) on my ncode tour and feel that they work well together. However, I have nothing to compare them to as they were the first string job I got on my tour and I have not broken them yet (I've had it for like a week).

tennis-skater
07-17-2006, 12:56 PM
gut in the mains or crosses?
she was saying if i do go with the gut and alu rough that i should put the gut in the crosses, i know federer puts gut in his mains and alu rough in his crosses so they gotta work pretty good right?

Stan
07-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Let's see...if we get a racquet like Federer's and string it like Federer then we will play like Federer...right? Sounds like the perfect equation to me.

Trouble is the lady at the pro shop almost sounds like she knows what she is talking about. Drat!...what to do...what to do??? We have two authorities giving different information. Uh oh, someone might have to make a decision on his/her own...oh no!!!

looseswing
07-17-2006, 02:49 PM
I put gut in the crosses. Before I put this combo in I actually did not know that Fed plays with it. It plays fine but as I said before I cannot compare it to other strings as I have not used any others on this racquet. I can also not comment on durability as I may not play like you and I have only had the combo in for a week.

LoneGun
07-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I've tried NXT main/ ALU power hybrid on my n6.1 tour, it's alright, but not as good as ALU power full job for me. I think you should try a full job of ALU power and GUT and decide if you want to mix them up. I heard many ppl saying that ALU power can saw through the GUT and multi quite fast so you might want to consider putting string savers. If you do decide to use GUT and ALU hybrid, put GUT on the main, it would supposly give you more playability and that's why Federer uses it, but not as good of durability. It's kinda a waste to put GUT on crosses, it's just there to soften the string bed up so you might as well just put a multifilament there. Have fun with the new strings :)

tennis-skater
07-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Trouble is the lady at the pro shop almost sounds like she knows what she is talking about. Drat!...what to do...what to do??? We have two authorities giving different information. Uh oh, someone might have to make a decision on his/her own...oh no!!!
I'm planning on making it on my own i just wanted some more input.

[QUOTE]it's alright, but not as good as ALU power full job for me./QUOTE]
i think ill try that thanks

DX_Psycho
07-17-2006, 10:54 PM
poly mains is a better idea. poly crosses would saw through and you'd get less durability.