can you tell me about it
i hit with heavy topspin off both sides
thx for all feedback

10sstringman
07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
search button

Ripper
07-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Topspin Poly Polar, together with Signum Pro Poly Deluxe, are the softest polys you can find, period. If that's what you're looking for, go for any of those two. Obviously, these strings are going to offer a bit less control than the stiffer ones. And, while stinging them, you need to pull them more than once to avoid the initial tension loss that people hate about them. As 10sstringman said, search :)

PS: Regarding the initial tension loss aspect, I have a question; wouldn't it be easier just to do an old fashioned pre-stretch?

PBODY99
07-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Topspin Poly Polar, together with Signum Pro Poly Deluxe, are the softest polys you can find, period. If that's what you're looking for, go for any of those two. Obviously, these strings are going to offer a bit less control than the stiffer ones. And, while stinging them, you need to pull them more than once to avoid the initial tension loss that people hate about them. As 10sstringman said, search :)

PS: Regarding the initial tension loss aspect, I have a question; wouldn't it be easier just to do an old fashioned pre-stretch?

I tried to a prestretch but I never got any feed back that it played any differently for the two players I intalled it for.:cool:

diredesire
07-18-2006, 01:24 PM

Prestretching on poly, IMO, doens't do that much.

As far as the string, it's got a good response. Plays pretty poppy, had excellent spin potential, IMO. It is stretchy, and does lose a bit of tension (quite a bit, TBH), but IMO it plays best when the strings are moving around a little.

It's a comfortable ride, good feel, raw, not dampened or muted like SPPP tends to be.

Nakedboy87
07-19-2006, 11:20 PM
is this string not in the "string brand" section?

racingdad23
07-20-2006, 07:26 AM
We tried it....and my junior really liked it. It played very crisp at first but didnt last very long even though I was pulling it twice to try and compensate for tension loss. I thought intially it was going to be worth the hassle but it turns out that after a few hours it doesnt play better than most of the other Poly's we've tried and a few hours after that it plays worse. It just wasnt worth the extra effort I felt we had to go through to string it up. I did give it a decent shot though.

Excellent play for up to 4 hours
Average play for next 4-8 hours

Was using it in a Tour Diablo MP. 17g Polar Mains at 58 with Forten Sweet 17 cross at 60