PDA

View Full Version : Such a shame

Steven87
07-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Feliciano Lopez has all the traits of a good tennis player except attitude. He coulda been great, potential wasted

Alexandros
07-17-2006, 04:33 PM
He makes for a good underwear model though.

arosen
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
He makes for a good underwear model though.

That's so funny. If they had him play in undies, he would be a biger hit with the ladies, no doubt. Promoting the sport, and all that.

diegaa
07-17-2006, 05:54 PM
That's so funny. If they had him play in undies, he would be a biger hit with the ladies, no doubt. Promoting the sport, and all that.

you r damm right. he is practically an unknown here in spain... if he would be able to do that, maybe they could broadcast tennis a little more . :mad:

Max G.
07-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Feliciano Lopez has all the traits of a good tennis player except attitude. He coulda been great, potential wasted

And except a backhand...

Honestly, I can't see him being that great - top 20 maybe, a couple of big wins occasionally maybe, but not really a Slam contender.

Marat Safinator
07-17-2006, 07:05 PM
hit the nail on head there max

whistleway
07-17-2006, 08:19 PM
And except a backhand...

Honestly, I can't see him being that great - top 20 maybe, a couple of big wins occasionally maybe, but not really a Slam contender.

dude top freaking 20 in the world. you talk like you been there and judging folks as not great. gimme a break,

splink779
07-17-2006, 08:27 PM
If all he accomplishes is having one of the most beautiful service motions, I would be happy.

Max G.
07-17-2006, 08:45 PM
dude top freaking 20 in the world. you talk like you been there and judging folks as not great. gimme a break,

I'm using the definition of "great" as "hall of fame material." The kind of "great" that Federer and Nadal are, and that Roddick is on the margin of.

I am not at all disparaging the talent of the top 100 - if I came across that way, it is completely unintentional. (I suppose I should have phrased my disagreement better - but I didn't, sorry 'bout that :()

I was responding to the original poster, who said "He coulda been great, potential wasted". I presumed that he meant more by "great" than what Lopez has already achieved - he's already been 20th.

Steven87
07-17-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm using the definition of "great" as "hall of fame material." The kind of "great" that Federer and Nadal are, and that Roddick is on the margin of.

I am not at all disparaging the talent of the top 100 - if I came across that way, it is completely unintentional. (I suppose I should have phrased my disagreement better - but I didn't, sorry 'bout that :()

I was responding to the original poster, who said "He coulda been great, potential wasted". I presumed that he meant more by "great" than what Lopez has already achieved - he's already been 20th.
Theres no doubt he could of been atleast #4...dont deny it

LeftyServe
07-18-2006, 06:53 AM
Lopez has an outstanding serve and forehand, but his backhand is a liability. He's a little reminiscent of Rusedski, that other lefty, but with better movement. If he continues to serve like he did last week in Gstaad (25+ aces a match on clay!) he could be a factor on hardcourts this summer.