PDA

View Full Version : Tennis camps near NYC

jackzon
07-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Before the summer is over I'd like to take my son for a tennis camp weekend. The quality of instruction is not that important. Neither of us is that great and just an adequate teaching staff will suffice.

Here's what we'd like:

1. Not too far from NYC - maybe within 3 or 4 hours by car or (better yet) train.
2. Something to do at night - maybe near a town or in a town where we can go to a movie
3. Not Total Tennis in Saugerties. We've been there, we like it. I recommend it. But we'd like to do something different this time.

p0w3r
07-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Before the summer is over I'd like to take my son for a tennis camp weekend. The quality of instruction is not that important. Neither of us is that great and just an adequate teaching staff will suffice.

Here's what we'd like:

1. Not too far from NYC - maybe within 3 or 4 hours by car or (better yet) train.
2. Something to do at night - maybe near a town or in a town where we can go to a movie
3. Not Total Tennis in Saugerties. We've been there, we like it. I recommend it. But we'd like to do something different this time.
I know that at the USTA center in corona park, they have tennis programs on weekdays for kids and teens. dont know about weekends so it would be good to ask as they have excelent staff.

Geezer Guy
07-18-2006, 07:49 AM
http://www.TennisResortsOnline.com/trofiles/Map_Northeast.cfm

framer
07-19-2006, 09:37 PM
I highly recommend this place if you want serious boot camp tennis - 5 plus hours a day along with doubles in the evenings. I've been going there for years and absolutely love the staff.

look them up at ussportscamps.com - look under adult tennis and find Amherst.

Lee
07-19-2006, 10:38 PM
jackzon,

Check out Nike Tennis Camp at Amherst. It's a 3-hour drive from NYC and a 5-hour bus ride from Port Authority.

Check out our website:
http://www.tennisamherst.com
Still have some things to add, but you can find some pictures and basic info on the website.

I am the webmaster for the tennis website and the assistant to the director. We are in the process of setting up a end-of-the-summer tournament in three weeks. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding Amherst Tennis Camp.

Lee
07-19-2006, 10:42 PM
jackzon,

please keep in mind that Amherst tennis camp ends in 2 weeks. You can get there by train, car or bus.

rasajadad
07-20-2006, 03:54 AM
I'd suggest doing a search on the TT archives. Recently, there was a thread about a camp in the Catskills. Up here (in Vermont) they have Kelly Gunterman's operation at Stratton Mountain.