07-17-2006, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0FvoOQl5YM&search=santoro

rafael nadal
07-17-2006, 11:27 PM
WOW! that was amazing!:p
can you find any videos of nadal doing some amazing stuff?:confused:

KBalla08
07-17-2006, 11:33 PM
dang that was a good point, and i hadnt seen it, good find.

killer
07-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Thanks for posting bdawg- I love those kinds of point! Cheers

RiosTheGenius
07-17-2006, 11:59 PM
did anyone notice that Gaudio hit the sickest lob ever????.... it is easy to overlook that among all those angles and shots between the legs, but that lob in the beginning of the point was something else.

diredesire
07-18-2006, 01:24 AM
excellent clip. I'm glad to see that santoro is a good sport after the point. Sometimes you gotta applaud the other guy, just too good :)

bdawg
07-18-2006, 01:46 AM
did anyone notice that Gaudio hit the sickest lob ever????.... it is easy to overlook that among all those angles and shots between the legs, but that lob in the beginning of the point was something else.

That backhand lob was something else. It hit right before the baseline. I found his slice to be particularly powerful.

I hope Gaudio's coach uses this clip to teach court positioning. Because Gaudio is so scared to come into the net that he stands in no man's land a few times instead of coming forward. they would have been very easy volleys and at his level should have counted as successful points at net.

however, it made an exciting point.

Polvorin
07-18-2006, 02:00 AM
I hope Gaudio's coach uses this clip to teach court positioning. Because Gaudio is so scared to come into the net that he stands in no man's land a few times instead of coming forward. they would have been very easy volleys and at his level should have counted as successful points at net.

That was the first thing I noticed, too. Even a total tennis amateur like myself knows to go forward after a successful lob. The point should have been over. :)

brucie
07-18-2006, 02:07 AM
excellent clip. I'm glad to see that santoro is a good sport after the point. Sometimes you gotta applaud the other guy, just too good :)

Santoro semed to look like he was coaching Gaudio, the way he cotrolled the poiunt in such a laid back manner once of course he returned the lob.

Sillt comment really its just the way he stood at the net waiting to play a drop volley his drop shot and the cheeky lob it was all fitting.

Shame someone had to lose.

Nice work from Gaudio playing his own version of the through the legs shot.

helloworld
07-18-2006, 02:11 AM
That was the first thing I noticed, too. Even a total tennis amateur like myself knows to go forward after a successful lob. The point should have been over. :)
Ah, now I know the source of your imaginary world. Perhaps you would like me to give you a lesson ? Backhand, maybe ? ;)

chiru
07-18-2006, 03:51 AM
i thought the 2nd tweener (gaudio's tweener) would be his undoing. i just watched that and you think if he's doing this to level with santoro, and loses the point, ill wanna throttle the guy for trying it. you love the tweener but you always feel so mad if they miss, i donno, maybe a bit hypocritical lol.

diegaa
07-18-2006, 05:53 AM
i thought the 2nd tweener (gaudio's tweener) would be his undoing. i just watched that and you think if he's doing this to level with santoro, and loses the point, ill wanna throttle the guy for trying it. you love the tweener but you always feel so mad if they miss, i donno, maybe a bit hypocritical lol.

i get your point, and i agree, but it was a set point for santoro. knowing gaudio attitude he had given up that set already. Im glad that he can get some fun at court from time to time.
If it wasnt for his deep mental issues, gaudio couldīve been a regular top 10 for years.

tennis_eel
07-18-2006, 06:00 AM
That was a Kia hotshot down here in Australia. Can't seperate that and Nalbandians through the legs angled dropshot.

iceman5151
07-18-2006, 06:02 AM
sweet clip what an amazing point :D

Volly master
07-18-2006, 06:08 AM
good find :)

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-18-2006, 06:43 AM
nice video, does The Magician play a serve and volley game?

-k-

bdawg
07-18-2006, 07:58 AM
nice video, does The Magician play a serve and volley game?

-k-

that's pretty much all he plays. However, he plays his version of a baseline game by slicing every ball.

oscar_2424
07-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Great video, thanks for sharing

rafael nadal
07-18-2006, 09:17 AM
can any1 get any clips of nadal doing some tricks? i would b rele happy if u could:D thanx

arosen
07-18-2006, 09:22 AM
I was impressed with the last shot, the winner. Quite an angle, and Santoro is no slouch at net.

bdawg
07-18-2006, 10:11 AM
can any1 get any clips of nadal doing some tricks? i would b rele happy if u could:D thanx

what do you mean tricks? Nadal is a defensive player who's shots consit of retrieving a lot of balls.

rafael nadal
07-18-2006, 10:50 AM
what do you mean tricks? Nadal is a defensive player who's shots consit of retrieving a lot of balls.
:mad: grrrrr!!!!!! u calling nadals forehands defensive!! did u c the rally at wimbledon he reflexes were outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!! go and look up the the word defensive the the dictionary mate and i bet u wont find nadal underneath it will u?!!!!!

rafael nadal
07-18-2006, 11:12 AM
watch this video. its funny near the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnLe8GlTQ64&mode=related&search=rafael%20nadal

acetennisman
07-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Bravo Bravo!

bdawg
07-18-2006, 03:12 PM
:mad: grrrrr!!!!!! u calling nadals forehands defensive!! did u c the rally at wimbledon he reflexes were outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!! go and look up the the word defensive the the dictionary mate and i bet u wont find nadal underneath it will u?!!!!!

I don't see why being called a defensive player is insulting. Some of the best players are defensive. IT's a tactical game. I do think Nadal is defensive and he certainly does'nt have the offensive mentality of some players like a Gonzales.

Rabbit
07-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Great find on the Gaudio/Santoro clip. I noticed the commentary was German(?). I'll bet that while that match was going on and the Germans (and other countries) were covering it with some marvel, ESPN was covering either Roddick phoning it in, or an American woman's match that was 0 and 0. Sigh.

Mr.Federer
07-21-2006, 06:30 AM
cool...very cool...

bdawg
07-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Great find on the Gaudio/Santoro clip. I noticed the commentary was German(?). I'll bet that while that match was going on and the Germans (and other countries) were covering it with some marvel, ESPN was covering either Roddick phoning it in, or an American woman's match that was 0 and 0. Sigh.

very true. i remember they showed james blake's match one time at Roland Garros instead of the JCF vs. Gaudio match.

a guy
07-21-2006, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE=rafael nadal]can any1 get any clips of nadal doing some tricks? i would b rele happy if u could thanxQUOTE]

Nadal hasn't got any tricks

Duzza
07-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Hahha i told my friend about this, He was there :P

bdawg
07-21-2006, 07:25 AM
when the bee stung?

bleno567
07-21-2006, 01:07 PM
That was definitely the only time I have ever seen 2 tweeners hit in one point. You can usually go matches without seeing players hit tweeners, but 2 in one point is something else.

35ft6
07-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Dayum. I've GOTTA see Santoro play in person one of these days.

No Ace, No Glory
07-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Sure Santoro's got a unique style.
However, you gotta see him play a shotmaker or solid baseliner like Gaudio to have a truly entertaining match-up.

lacoster
07-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Those are the best points to watch when both players are smiling at the end like that.
________
Bmw X5 History (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_X5)

slice bh compliment
07-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Those are the best points to watch when both players are smiling at the end like that.

Yeah, once at the US Open, Guga and Pioline had a hell of a point. Pioline ended it with a ridiculous pass and Guga ran across to give him some skin.
Love that stuff just as much as I love the intensity of Boris/Mac/Nadal et al.

tennisboy87
07-21-2006, 03:06 PM
That was a great point. Thanks for the clip.