PDA

View Full Version : The new (and improved?) Coria

croatian sensation
07-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Well what's new is his haircut. Check it out:
http://www.dutchopentennis.nl/en/in-beeld.php?wat=showfoto&nummer=88&onderwerp=15

In my humble opinion of a woman, and his huge fan..it's hideous. I suppose he wanted a new look for his comeback. But this!?

What's not new is his double-faulting again.
After he behaved against Acasuso (only 6 df) he's backsliding again..14 in today's match. :-(

We'll see how it goes....hope this was just accidental.

VAMOS GUILLE!!!!!!!!

Volly master
07-18-2006, 07:25 AM
lol looks like his lawn mower got the best of him :P

oh well, i hope he makes a run at this tournament and becomes the first player got hit over 100 DF and still win =)

luke_1983uk
07-18-2006, 07:25 AM
thanks for the picture croatian sensation, been looking today to find a pic of his new style, i guess its ok, i hope his results pick up, and we get to see guillermo back to his best, challenging the best again!

cheers

looseswing
07-18-2006, 07:27 AM
For some reason he reminds me of Jack Black in Nacho Libre.

malakas
07-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Arghhhhh!!!:shock:
Atmospheric images ???!!! ........:roll:

Well,good luck Guille!!!:)

Return_Ace
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
i prefered the long hair :(

Docalex007
07-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Well what's new is his haircut. Check it out:
http://www.dutchopentennis.nl/en/in-beeld.php?wat=showfoto&nummer=88&onderwerp=15

The guy looks totally relaxed and stress free. It looks like he's enjoying life right now, just hanging back and taking it easy. He's earned enough money, why stress about the tennis? He's got the hot wife, why stress about looking super sexy? His style is casual and smooth. Just look at him on that Apple laptop. He's so chillin' up in that photo yo.

He's probably researching on Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) so that he's well informed and prepared for his next mountain climbing expedition in Tibet. He could even be ordering a box of Diamox from an online pharmacy. The guy is so superfly.

http://www.dutchopentennis.nl/en/docs/upload/Image/fotoboek/88.jpg

Viper
07-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Hitler >_>

Ballmachine
07-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately, I think the game has passed Coria by. He had two real chances to win the French. He lost to Verkerk (Where is he now?) in the semi's, and then to Gaudio in the Finals after building a huge lead.

Without any weapons, and with Nadal a bull on clay, I don't see any possibilities that will lead to Coria getting back into the top 10. Especially since he can't seem to serve very well recently as well.

I never really liked his game or his attitude, and he is a player that seems to be disliked by the other players on tour, even the ones from Argentina. I don't think we will hear too much from him in the future, but stranger things have happened.

habib
07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Hitler >_>

No, you're not. He looks like the South American version - El Hitleruezz.

DJ Edwards
07-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Think he's posting something about AK in the other thread? Ordering shoes from TW? Checking on his fantasy ATP tour team? Maybe he's really me? Maybe he's one of you?

Steve Dykstra
07-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Hmm, I think his haircut looks much better now in that pic. I thought the long hair looked weird on him.

boris becker 1
07-18-2006, 10:10 PM
he is mancini in disguise. too small and very unjury prone. no weapon.

AJK1
07-18-2006, 10:20 PM
He looks like and he is a has been.

VamosRafa
07-18-2006, 10:21 PM
He's certainly cut his hair, has he done with his DF's?

That's the question that will be answered soon.

croatian sensation
07-19-2006, 05:14 AM
Ahh..the more I look at his hairstyle, the more I hate it. Long hair suited him much much better. Anyway, maybe it looks better in person, I'll see in a few days ;-)

Vamosrafa...after his match against Acasuso I thought he really did manage to make a change, and become more like his old self. Though he lost he was very positive about it. He posted a message on his forum. Sounded really optimistic.
I don't have a clue what happened in the match against that guy (whatever his name is) yesterday. 14 df and a 3 setter against a WC. Sounds bad.

Ballmachine... he's 24. "Without any weapons" sounds a bit jumping to conclusion. He might be struggling at the moment. But he's still young enough, and nobody took away his "weapons". It isn't super-hero stuff. You don't just get or lose "weapons" just like that. If he could serve, run, and hit killer dropshots once, he can still do it.
And if Stepanek,Baghdatis,Ferrer,Gonzalez and Co. can be drifting in and out of top 10, I don't see why Coria couldn't join top 10 again. (Assuming his crisis is behind him)

luke_1983uk
07-19-2006, 05:36 AM
Ahh..the more I look at his hairstyle, the more I hate it. Long hair suited him much much better. Anyway, maybe it looks better in person, I'll see in a few days ;-)

Vamosrafa...after his match against Acasuso I thought he really did manage to make a change, and become more like his old self. Though he lost he was very positive about it. He posted a message on his forum. Sounded really optimistic.
I don't have a clue what happened in the match against that guy (whatever his name is) yesterday. 14 df and a 3 setter against a WC. Sounds bad.

Ballmachine... he's 24. "Without any weapons" sounds a bit jumping to conclusion. He might be struggling at the moment. But he's still young enough, and nobody took away his "weapons". It isn't super-hero stuff. You don't just get or lose "weapons" just like that. If he could serve, run, and hit killer dropshots once, he can still do it.
And if Stepanek,Baghdatis,Ferrer,Gonzalez and Co. can be drifting in and out of top 10, I don't see why Coria couldn't join top 10 again. (Assuming his crisis is behind him)

could'nt agree with you more Croation Sensation!

Steve Dykstra
07-19-2006, 05:37 AM
Baggy is in the top 10 to stay.

croatian sensation
07-19-2006, 05:57 AM

We'll see about that. :)

Grr...this is a Coria thread...I don't want drifting off topic. And, even worse, on to Baghdatis. :mad: :)

Andres
07-19-2006, 12:40 PM
To stay until next year's AO. We'll see if he stays there after that, only if he's not dropping this year ;)

malakas
07-19-2006, 01:53 PM

Yup!:D
he has basically,only points from Basel to defend..nothing from the USO!:D
So..there's pretty big chance he will go to Shangai!!!!!!:D

Ballmachine
07-19-2006, 04:44 PM
I respectfully disagree with you Croation Sensation. Coria's only real weapon was his speed. As he gets older, his speed will decline, and so will his consistency, which is all he really had to begin with. He never had a huge serve, and his serve right now is the male version of Elena Dementieva. He doesn't have a big enough forehand or backhand to end points outright, and if his only weapon left is his drop shot, then he is in even bigger trouble than I thought. I really don't see him ever getting back into the top 10.

Ballmachine
07-19-2006, 04:45 PM
There is no way in the world he will make the ATP Masters at the end of the year.

Baghdamania
07-20-2006, 08:35 AM

And of course Ancic deserve more than them a place in the Top10...

Yeah right

malakas
07-20-2006, 08:42 AM
There is no way in the world he will make the ATP Masters at the end of the year.

Who baggy??
Cause he was no.6 in the race last time I checked..:rolleyes:

Lee
07-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I am diggin the hair! He looks more and more Asian every day. He needs to start spiking and bleaching his hair so he can look more like me.

Ballmachine
07-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Malakas, I am talking about Coria. I never said anything about Baggy. I like his game very much.

malakas
07-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh..ok.:)..ehm..sorry!
I thought that you were saying that no way Marcos will go to Shangai..:cool:

Ripper
07-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Coria feels pressured to serve harder than before. He feels it's necessary these days. If I were his coach, I'd tell him to forget about that. Just put the stupid ball in play. With his skills, he can hold his serve more than not. He's one of the best breakers out there. So, having a great first serve shouldn't matter that much to him. He needs to work on a good dependable second serve; that's much more of a possibility for him, at this stage. I know it's a stressful way of playing, but he has to depend on what he's got...

Edit: I hope he reads this, since he seems to be into web surfing :)

helloworld
07-20-2006, 10:36 AM
this guy looks like half asian-caucasian or something...

gooberwho
07-23-2006, 03:15 PM
that's pretty ugly-looking..

diegaa
07-23-2006, 05:23 PM
I am diggin the hair! He looks more and more Asian every day. He needs to start spiking and bleaching his hair so he can look more like me.

well, coria has another nickname besides "el mago". They ´ve been calling him "chino" (chinese) coria for ages.

croatian sensation
07-24-2006, 02:36 AM
I saw the haircut in person..looks much better than on that photo.
The general opinion of girls working here at the tourney (in Umag) is that the haircut isn't bad at all. (This opinion was made by 6-7 of us..not statistically useful.. LOL)

The Grand Slam
07-24-2006, 03:16 AM
Wow. If he threw a boomerang it certainly wouldn't come back. He looks gruesome.

Ivanišević
07-24-2006, 03:36 AM
And of course Ancic deserve more than them a place in the Top10...

Yeah right

Yes, he does!
he's a great talent, just like baghdatis.

Rabbit
07-24-2006, 05:51 AM
Sorry, but I never despair when another mullet bites the dust. I'd rather see him with corn rows or a mohawk than a mullet.