PDA

View Full Version : Best balls for ball machine

gutted
02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Just about to get the club a tennis tutor ball machine. What are the best value balls to use ? Do normal balls work okay ? Any tips for the smooth running of the machine ? e.g. I've heard that you shouldn't use it when the courts are wet.

polakosaur
02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
any ball will do as long as it bounces i'm lucky i got friends at a sporting goods store that cop me balls for free

Ronaldo
02-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Tretorn Micro-X balls work great but at a club, you should have plenty of balls to fill the machine.

borisboris
02-20-2004, 09:38 AM
:twisted: THE ALL TIME GREATEST BALL MACHINE BALL = DUNLOP GRAND PRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY HOLD THERE COVER LIKE NON-OTHER AND THE OUTER CORE = VERY HARD. PENN-WILSON EVEN REGULAR DUNLOP ARE WEAK. OUR CLUB RE-SELLS A 3-CAN FOR $1.50 = BEST VALUE ON THE MKT.

JAYDOG THE RDX ATHLETE
02-20-2004, 10:16 AM
If it's used only for outdoors, I would use pressureless balls. Well thats not really my suggestion but for some reason everytime I use a ball machine, i'm hitting pressureless balls.

axle
02-20-2004, 08:43 PM
I too have had the best luck with the grand prix balls. I just replaced a bunch of worn out grand prix with the Penn Practice balls (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/despagePENN-PPRACTICE.html) and these hit good too but are a bit softer than the grand prix balls. But hey, $40 a case for the penn practice ball is VERY reasonable. Can't comment on the durability b/c I have only had them in my machine for a few days.

Agas Samp
03-12-2004, 11:39 AM
:twisted: THE ALL TIME GREATEST BALL MACHINE BALL = DUNLOP GRAND PRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY HOLD THERE COVER LIKE NON-OTHER AND THE OUTER CORE = VERY HARD. PENN-WILSON EVEN REGULAR DUNLOP ARE WEAK. OUR CLUB RE-SELLS A 3-CAN FOR $1.50 = BEST VALUE ON THE MKT.

Please let me know where can I buy them at that price?

mark rodgers
03-12-2004, 04:16 PM
When you buy the machine I hope you get the AC option. Anyway, my local tennis center puts out buckets and asks people to donate their used balls. I own a Model 4P and the owners manual recommends that you not put new balls in the machine because the ink from the label rubs off on the wheel and makes them slick. This of course slows down the ball feed speeds. I'd say that if you can get a steady stream of used regular balls that would be the way to go. To me, pressureless balls feel different than regular balls. Our local tennis center used pressureless balls and people (like me) started complaining. They went back to using regular balls. And lastly, never put wet balls through the machine. The wheels have problems with grip and balls just get jammed up inside the machine

Ronaldo
03-13-2004, 07:46 PM
There is a ball pressure-izer called Pro-bounce that can help new balls retain the original pressure and allow a nearly endless life.

borisboris
03-14-2004, 06:38 PM
If you live in Seattle - go to Seattle Tennis Center. $1.50 per can!