PDA

View Full Version : New Barricades As Good As The BII's?

TennsDog
07-19-2006, 10:51 AM
I liked the Barricade II's. They didn't quite have the stability I prefer, but they fit well and had great durability. I am just wondering if the newer generations of Barricade are as good as the BII's. Not just as good overall, but do they actually feel and perform similarly too?

Big Fed
07-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Yo what high school do u go to man i live in lansing too. I go to waverly high school i was a freshman last year i played 4 doubles i would have played higher be i was kinda injuered. O yea the b III are more comfortable but dont perform as well.

pchoi04
07-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I think they are as good as the BIIs. They are a little bit heavier which is leaving me a little flat footed because I'm adjusting from the Air Max Breathe Free IIs which to me feels ALOT lighter. But if your looking for a shoe with similar feel and comfort but more stability, BIV is the way to go. I just cannot see myself rolling my ankle in a shoe like this (knock on wood).

TennsDog
07-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Yo what high school do u go to man i live in lansing too. I go to waverly high school i was a freshman last year i played 4 doubles i would have played higher be i was kinda injuered. O yea the b III are more comfortable but dont perform as well.
I don't go to high school. I attend college at Michigan Tech. I graduated from Mason HS, though.

bleno567
07-21-2006, 03:57 PM
In my personal experience the barricade III was my least favorite. I have never tried the original equipment barricade, but i really enjoyed wearing the barricade II. The barricade IV was a great shoe. I found the Barricades II and IV to perform better in different areas(IIs were lighter & IVs are a little more comfortable and stable) but overall IMO they are about equal. Its all up to whatever personal preferences you have.

Topaz
07-22-2006, 06:15 PM
I love the Barricade III, and I've been scrambling around trying find at least one more pair in my size before they all disappear. The only reasons I'm resisting just trying the IVs are #1)price, and #2) they are even heavier than the IIIs, and that took me a long time to get used to. I suppose eventually I will try the IIs, but I'm worried they won't be as stable.

theace21
07-22-2006, 07:56 PM
I prefer the II's over the III's, I have not tried the new IV's yet...