PDA

View Full Version : US Open Series on TV

zorg
07-19-2006, 11:46 AM
I remember the first year of the US Open Series, 2004 I beleive, they showed every tournament from the first round. So they showed pretty much every seeded player play. Now they only show the semis and finals of the US Open Series, for most of the US Open Series (I know for Toronto they will show all of it since it is a Masters). Why are they doing this? Are they ever going to show all if it like the first year?

rightytopspin79
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I know what you're saying, last year they were pushing for US Open Circuit, they'd have the final's on sunday at 3 up till the US open. I know ESPN picked up the early rounds and then CBS would pick up the Finals. I don't see that they're doing that now, even the Tennis Channel doesn't have the early rounds! I think the coverage is horrible here. I remember watching the Blake v Aggasi match last year on USA and they cut out to show some bogus USA show?? I had to catch the delay on CBS after the match was over.

:confused:

Marius_Hancu
07-30-2006, 01:26 PM
http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/tvlarge.pdf

Unfortunately no major networks except for Indianapolis

shawn1122
07-30-2006, 03:13 PM
I know what you're saying, last year they were pushing for US Open Circuit, they'd have the final's on sunday at 3 up till the US open. I know ESPN picked up the early rounds and then CBS would pick up the Finals. I don't see that they're doing that now, even the Tennis Channel doesn't have the early rounds! I think the coverage is horrible here. I remember watching the Blake v Aggasi match last year on USA and they cut out to show some bogus USA show?? I had to catch the delay on CBS after the match was over.

:confused:
Ya, I remember some weird stuff happening during that match, since it was so long. TSN was cutting to CBS footage and then to USA footage back and forth.