PDA

View Full Version : Will Federer surpass Nadal this year?

Tchocky
07-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Currently Nadal has a 6-2 winning record against Federer with 4-1 record this year alone. If everything goes according to plan, Nadal and Federer could meet six more times this year (Toronto, Cincy, New York, Madrid, Paris and Shanghai). The first three possible meetings will be on outdoor hardcourt and the later three will be indoors. They're pretty even on outdoor hardcourt with Nadal having a 2-1 record against Federer. These two have never played against each other indoors. I think you would have to give Roger the edge because indoor courts are faster than most other surfaces. If Roger can win all six matchups, then he will have 8-6 record against Rafa and I think Nadal fans would have to shut up about whose better.

bluescreen
07-19-2006, 12:40 PM
u're thinking way too much into this.

dmastous
07-19-2006, 12:44 PM
This board has become a Nadal Vs Federer war zone. Is there nothing else to talk about?????
Even threads that start off without Nadal or Federer turn into battle fields for the two.
Boooooorrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggggg

unjugon
07-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Currently Nadal has a 6-2 winning record against Federer with 4-1 record this year alone. If everything goes according to plan, Nadal and Federer could meet six more times this year (Toronto, Cincy, New York, Madrid, Paris and Shanghai). The first three possible meetings will be on outdoor hardcourt and the later three will be indoors. They're pretty even on outdoor hardcourt with Nadal having a 2-1 record against Federer. These two have never played against each other indoors. I think you would have to give Roger the edge because indoor courts are faster than most other surfaces. If Roger can win all six matchups, then he will have 8-6 record against Rafa and I think Nadal fans would have to shut up about whose better.
Yes, I think you are right. I mean, they have played only 5 times thus far this year. 6 more makes it 11 total for the year.

Say Fed plays for another 7 years. So they can play 77 matches vs each other!!
Remember Sampras-Agassi? 20-12 is their head to head or sumthing like that, just 32 matches. By your great logic, Federer-Nadal head-to-head would be something like 47-30.

Drop it. Enough is enough.

J-man
07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
No Nadal will still lead Federer at the end of 2006. It will be a closer though.

ATXtennisaddict
07-19-2006, 01:39 PM
If I were Federer, I'd think less about my personal record against Rafa and more on winning titles, whether or not Rafa stands in the way.

arosen
07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Rafa is probably going to eke out at least one more win over Fed this year. Roger goes kind of limp when he plays Rafa, like a baloon that lost all air. The matches are close, but Rafa keeps winning them because of his attitude.

Moose Malloy
07-19-2006, 02:12 PM
If Nadal & Federer play 6 more times this year, the rest of the tour would officially suck.
I don't think 2 players have ever played each other 11 times in one year(open era) even Chris-Martina.

The Pusher Terminator
07-19-2006, 03:18 PM
i like these results :)

J-man
07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
If I were Federer, I'd think less about my personal record against Rafa and more on winning titles, whether or not Rafa stands in the way.If you were Federer you would get alot Nadal questions. You would think about you record against regardless

Shamo
07-26-2006, 07:55 AM
i like these results :)

you like also hairy women

The Pusher Terminator
07-26-2006, 08:14 AM
you like also hairy women

Depends on where the hair is?

Marat Safinator
07-26-2006, 08:16 AM
who gives 2 dogs?

Marat Safinator
07-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Depends on where the hair is?

your just muntin.

helloworld
07-26-2006, 08:18 AM
First, Fed has to stop looking at Nadal's biceps. He just can't keep himself focus looking at those biceps...