PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Nadal will humble Fed at the Austrailian Open?

Turning Pro
07-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Based on Nadals improvement recently.4 sets.

Tchocky
07-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Are you talking about the 2007 Australian Open which is 6 months away? It's highly unlikely that either of these guys will even get to the final.

Brettolius
07-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Are you talking about the 2007 Australian Open which is 6 months away? It's highly unlikely that either of these guys will even get to the final.

How do you figure that? I don't think you can really say highly unlikely...

Babblelot
07-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Federer doesn't have the stamina Nadal has. Nadal can keep Roger out there all day and wear him down.

Tennis_Goodness
07-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Federer is the most humble guy on tour and for being number 1 that's pretty incredible.

I think Federer is going to be number 1 for a while :cool:

zhan
07-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Federer is the most humble guy on tour and for being number 1 that's pretty incredible.

I think Federer is going to be number 1 for a while :cool:

Federer is humble?
He talks like he can't be beaten ALL the time
Nadal seems more humble ... or is it that he doesnt know how to speak english
:rolleyes:

8PAQ
07-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Federer doesn't have the stamina Nadal has. Nadal can keep Roger out there all day and wear him down.

Did you see them play in Rome this year? After 5 hours Fed didn't look any more tired than Nadal. Also, Fed had to play tough 3 set quarter and semi finals in the two previous days while Nadal was fresher because he had easy two set matches.

Stamina will not be the problem for Fed. High Rebound Ace bouncing top spin forehands to his backhand will be the problem.

cuddles26
07-20-2006, 11:59 AM
It is hard to say. Obviously it will likely be another sequel in the continuation of their great rivalry. I do believe Roger beating Rafa, even if it was on grass his best surface and Rafas worst will help Roger greatly in future meetings. I would not be surprised if Roger beats Rafa most of the time on all non clay surfaces in the next few years. So I say Roger in 4 or 5 sets, it could go either way though I guess. Rafa is more likely to lose before the final then Roger as well though, he is more beatable to others on mens tour then Roger is on anything but clay, Roger losing to nobody other then Rafa himself this year proves this.

fastdunn
07-20-2006, 12:21 PM
I agree Wimbledon win will help Federer to do better against Nadal.
But I don't think it's all mental when it comes to Federer's struggle
against Nadal. Nadal puts pressure on Fed's backhand and he turns
things into a running game. I'm not convinced Fed has solution yet.

But I'm not so sure if Nadal is strong enough to get to the final
of US Open and Australian Open yet unless he gets a bit lucky
like at Wimbledon this year.

Roger is Boring
07-20-2006, 01:06 PM
i hope so!! i love it when nadal humiliates that metrosexual puzzy federer! ha ha ha!!!

8PAQ
07-20-2006, 02:21 PM
i hope so!! i love it when nadal humiliates that metrosexual puzzy federer! ha ha ha!!!

Hey phucko! Update your signature. Don't forget that last time they played Fed humiliated Nadal 6-0 in the 1st set.

The Pusher Terminator
07-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey phucko! Update your signature. Don't forget that last time they played Fed humiliated Nadal 6-0 in the 1st set.

FED ALSO HUMILIATED NADAL 6-1 AT THE FRENCH...GUESS WHAT...FED LOST!!!!!!

brucie
07-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Nadal will not humble Fed.

8PAQ
07-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok here is what I see happening, and I am not just saying that because I am Fed fan and want him to beat Nadal every time they meet. I am assuming they both stay injury free from now till 2007 AO.

Unless he gets ridiculous draw like he did at Wimbledon, Nadal will have some 4 and 5 setters getting to the final. Fed on the other hand will most likely get to the final losing one or maybe two sets. In 2006 Fed had some difficult matches at AO but I put it down as his ankle injury aftermath.

So I predict that in the 2007 AO final, Fed will be the fresher one. I expect Fed to win in 5 sets. I think it will be Nadal who will run out of steam in the final.

Also, if Fed meets Nadal again this year he will most likely beat him, given that they would only play on fast courts. So that would negate any mental advantage Nadal had over him earlier this year. Their h2h could be 6-3 or even 6-4 by 2007 AO. Actually, I expect Fed to whoop Nadal's *** at TMC semifinal. TMC surface is the worst kind for Nadal. The score might be something like 6-2 6-4. That might be their last match before AO. So if anything, Fed will have the mental edge at 2007 AO.

The Pusher Terminator
07-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Ok here is what I see happening, and I am not just saying that because I am Fed fan and want him to beat Nadal every time they meet. I am assuming they both stay injury free from now till 2007 AO.

Unless he gets ridiculous draw like he did at Wimbledon, Nadal will have some 4 and 5 setters getting to the final. Fed on the other hand will most likely get to the final losing one or maybe two sets. In 2006 Fed had some difficult matches at AO but I put it down as his ankle injury aftermath.

So I predict that in the 2007 AO final, Fed will be the fresher one. I expect Fed to win in 5 sets. I think it will be Nadal who will run out of steam in the final.

Also, if Fed meets Nadal again this year he will most likely beat him, given that they would only play on fast courts. So that would negate any mental advantage Nadal had over him earlier this year. Their h2h could be 6-3 or even 6-4 by 2007 AO. Actually, I expect Fed to whoop Nadal's *** at TMC semifinal. TMC surface is the worst kind for Nadal. The score might be something like 6-2 6-4. That might be their last match before AO. So if anything, Fed will have the mental edge at 2007 AO.

Not biased my foot! Fed is 1-4 this year on all surfaces. In fact the only surface Fed was able to win on this year was grass. If you do not count grass Fed has not beaten Nadal all year,...Fed is 0-4!!!! How can he possibly be the favorite?.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Fed probably will win this, but Nadal has got a real shot. The courts are slower now and it plays like the French.

BTW, i'm tired of both winning. Hopefully Roddick,Blake,Hewitt can start winning some slams.

-k-

malakas
07-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Fed probably will win this, but Nadal has got a real shot. The courts are slower now and it plays like the French.

BTW, i'm tired of both winning. Hopefully Roddick,Blake,Hewitt can start winning some slams.

-k-

lol
Me too!:mrgreen:
Tired of the rivalry already!!!!:cool:
lol..the future..doesn't look that bright!:mrgreen:

d_frank
07-20-2006, 06:18 PM
God damnit. Its 6 months away. Why are you starting this before even the US OPen has been played? Get a ****in life.

VamosRafa
07-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I agree. It's too early. But I'm going out on a limb and will say, barring injury, the No. 1 and 2 players will be the favorites to get to the final.

And I'd be somewhat surprised if they didn't.

loki6836
07-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Not biased my foot! Fed is 1-4 this year on all surfaces. In fact the only surface Fed was able to win on this year was grass. If you do not count grass Fed has not beaten Nadal all year,...Fed is 0-4!!!! How can he possibly be the favorite?.

Ok, so i dont like either federer or nadal but this is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard. What about is you take out all the clay court events then the record is 1-1. Or if you take away sampras' serve he would have only won a couple slams. or if you made johnny mac play right handed he would be your local club pro. Taking away someones best attribute/best surface and not doing likewise to who your comparing them to is just ridiculous. Now if you had said if you take away the grass AND clay results the record this year is 0-1(with nadal winning at Dubai on a hard court) it would have actually been a good point.

FEDEXP
07-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Way too premature; in all honesty I wouldn't even predict both of them getting to the US Open Final.....

Dilettante
07-20-2006, 09:07 PM
I think that the AO is the Slam, apart the French, where Nadal has a better shot to win. It's not like I say he's gonna win in 2007 for sure, because many things can happen. But I think a Federer-Final it's not unlikely and in that case, Nadal has way more chances to beat Fed in AO than in Wimbledon or US Open.

arosen
07-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Rafa is gonna kick *** at AO if he plays it. The ball flies slow, bounces high, perfect for him. He's gonna have all the time in the world to chase whatever Fed or anyone throws down his way.

tennisprofl
07-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Rafa is gonna kick *** at AO if he plays it. The ball flies slow, bounces high, perfect for him. He's gonna have all the time in the world to chase whatever Fed or anyone throws down his way.
i agree. if nadal plays federer in the final, i like nadal.

tennis_eel
07-22-2006, 12:43 AM
I think Nadal has a great chance at beating Federer at the Australian Open, they said this year that the rebound ace courts were playing even slower than clay so he has every chance.

The Grand Slam
07-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Nadal won't even make it to the final.

Chang
07-22-2006, 04:12 AM
Nadal won't even make it to the final.

What makes you think that? The Aussie Open courts are quite slow.

cuddles26
07-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Fed will win in 4 sets if they play in the final. Federer will play better matches vs Nadal now that he has beaten him in a big match, even if it was on grass. That will lead to him beating Nadal regularly on every surface except clay from now on.

Matthew
07-22-2006, 06:00 PM

Whats highly unlikely is you not being banned for a post like this! If Federer or Nadal don't make that final (assuming both play), I will eat my right shoe.

Yeah.

Eat it.

Digestion and all.

FREDDY
07-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Federers win at wimbledon is the starting mark of an even greater domination over every player including nadal. nadal will not be able to beat federer again, not for a while atleast.

cuddles26
07-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Whats highly unlikely is you not being banned for a post like this! If Federer or Nadal don't make that final (assuming both play), I will eat my right shoe.

Yeah.

Eat it.

Digestion and all.

You are probably right. Those two are making the rest of the tour like clueless at the moment. I hope for Roddick to make a comeback to challenge again. I wait for Berdych, Djokovic, and Murray to live up to their potential and push for slam titles too. Nalbandian and Ljubicic will never win a slam. It seems strange to say #3 and #4 in the world to never win a slam but it shows how disjointed the current mens field after the big two currently is though. Hewitt has won his last slam to be certain as well.

Turning Pro
02-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Bump..........

thejoe
02-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Bump..........

The responses will no longer answer the question you posed, which was referring to the 2007 tournament. There is no point bumping this.

Nadal_Freak
02-07-2009, 08:47 AM
The responses will no longer answer the question you posed, which was referring to the 2007 tournament. There is no point bumping this.
Fed did get humbled at the Australian Open though. :D

Morrissey
02-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Nadal will never make it to the final.

I don't care if this thread is almost 3 years old. Epic fail on your part. I don't even know if you're even posting in here anymore. But still big time fail. Grand Slam is Lame!

Morrissey
02-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Good bump. Let's keep bumping up threads in which Fedfans look stupid with their dismissive predictions.

LanceStern
02-07-2009, 10:28 PM
It looked like some people didn't expect Nadal or Fed to make the finals...

Fed wound up winning 07 without losing a set...

TheTruth
02-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Good bump. Let's keep bumping up threads in which Fedfans look stupid with their dismissive predictions.

Ah yes...those with the dismissive claims are now eating their words. I wonder if some of those "old" posters simply have new names now.

Breaker
02-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Fed did get humbled at the Australian Open though. :D

Not for that tournament, unless winning without losing a set is being humbled..

I don't care if this thread is almost 3 years old. Epic fail on your part. I don't even know if you're even posting in here anymore. But still big time fail. Grand Slam is Lame!

Nadal didn't make the final so it's not really failing.

seffina
02-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Bringing this thread up is ridiculous. The prediction was for Australian Open 2007.

Turning Pro
02-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm referring to WHEN they meet at the AO, and this is a pretty good call and he got humbled (hence the post match ceromony). Only reason it even went to 5 is because Nadal was on the back of one of the longest matches in AO mens singles history with a days LESS rest than Fed who had a east straight setting with bunny boy Roddick.

Cup8489
02-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm referring to WHEN they meet at the AO, and this is a pretty good call and he got humbled (hence the post match ceromony). Only reason it even went to 5 is because Nadal was on the back of one of the longest matches in AO mens singles history with a days LESS rest than Fed who had a east straight setting with bunny boy Roddick.

no, that's NOT why it went five. it went five because federer was competitive and then some for the first four sets. we can't really say what happened in the fifth, but up until then he was playing with nadal, if not a little better (nadal had only had one break to the good to that point, winning the 1st 7-5. both of federer's sets came from breaks of serve, whereas nadal won a set in a tiebreak)

it went five b/c federer was fighting. when five came around, something changed. nadal's level didnt raise, and it didn't have to. federer lost that match more than nadal won it, but a win is a win.

HAPPYforTHEvictory
02-08-2009, 02:07 PM
It went 5 because on 2 occasions Nadal made 4 unforced errors in a service game (once in the 2nd set and once in the 4th set, both leading to 6-3 Federer sets).

Everytime I point this out Fedexperts say the unforced errors are cancelled out because Federer made unforced errors continuously too. However the reality is Nadal creates so much of a threat and so much tension that Federer's unforced errors are a part of the natural order that Nadal creates (as we've seen in their previous meetings, but the excuse used for the unforced errors in those meetings was mono), they are expected. Nadal's unforced errors meanwhile were completely uncharacteristic (especially when he made errors in bunches) as it was apparent he had lost his legs at times (hence the trainer massaging his leg).

Federer was fortunate not to be involved in a blowout, and we'll see such blowouts in future Slam Finals when Federer continues to make his "unforced errors" while Nadal arrives physically fit after not playing 5 hours in the Semi and delivers his usual sharp percentage tennis :D

zagor
02-08-2009, 04:52 PM

This thread was obviously meant for 2007 AO in which:

a)Fed won without losing a set,he "humbled" the field in AO that year.
b)Your boy Nadal went down in straights to Gonzales in quarters.

So why do you bump this thread and pat yourself on the back is beyond me since you were completely wrong in your prediction.

Now if you made another thread like this but just before AO 2009 and said the same thing you would have a point although losing in five sets isn't humbling but it doesn't matter.

As for the bolded part,it's in the same realm as BP's "if Fed served better he would have bla bla bla",we'll never know and it doesn't matter either way,a win is a win.The fact that you can't even enjoy in your favourite's player big win but rather you're unsatisfied it isn't a straight sets "humiliation" of Federer speaks a lot about you as a person.Nadal won his first HC slam,enjoy it,no need to bash Fed although again I'm not surprised at all that you(and many other posters here)do,that's the way fanatics behave.You show the same disrespect to Federer that BP shows to Nadal and yet you complain so much when he does it,look in the mirror first.

Some of you people can't even enjoy the fact that Nadal is the best player in the world right now and title holder of 3 slams even though he's your favourite player.No,you still have to jump on Fed when he's down and constantly belittle his accomplishments,his game,him as a person,even his girlfriend but don't worry that time will come for your player as well so enjoy it while it lasts.You can be glad for your favourite player's success without bashing and ripping other tennis players but again I don't expect anything else from your sort.

Even though Nadal's playing style never was that appealing to me I always respected him for his game,talent,hardwork,fighting spirit and passion and for being a nice guy off court as well,he might well end up being the best player from his generation and a GOAT candidate if he continues on this pace.However can't say the same for some of his fans,the amount of venom coming from some of you guys towards Federer who is a guy Nadal genuinely likes and respects is disturbing to say the least,it's one thing to dislike a player but this is really something else.

YouCantBeSerious
02-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I have to say that Zagor is right. The thread wasn't predicting 2009 AO's outcome, but 2007. That being said, I'm sure there are plenty of more damaging threads you can bump without shooting yourself in the foot.

grafrules
02-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Pretty lame to bring up a thread 2 and a half years old, based on a prediction for an event 2 years ago, and then act like a genuis based on it. Pretty pathetic really. Based on the actual Australian Open of 2007 the OP looks like a clown more than anything yet he still brings up to show it anyway, LOL!

HAPPYforTHEvictory
02-08-2009, 07:15 PM
It's pretty hilarious too :D

Morrissey
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Not for that tournament, unless winning without losing a set is being humbled..

Nadal didn't make the final so it's not really failing.

Oh I'm sorry, maybe you should read the person I quoted that said that "Nadal would never make a final." So he did and he won. Fail indeed.

rubberduckies
02-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Nadal beat Fed, but he certainly didn't humble him

Fed is as arrogant as ever and more open about it.

HAPPYforTHEvictory
02-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Nadal beat Fed, but he certainly didn't humble him

Fed is as arrogant as ever and more open about it.

Good point, Federer is very open now in interviews even more than ever, he isn't afraid to reveal the titanic chip on his shoulder. It makes for great entertainment in the press conferences :D

Breaker
02-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Oh I'm sorry, maybe you should read the person I quoted that said that "Nadal would never make a final." So he did and he won. Fail indeed.

Funny considering that post is edited two minutes AFTER you made this one...and I look at the one you quoted and it doesn't say that.

Sneaky sneaky Morrisey ;)

Morrissey
02-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Funny considering that post is edited two minutes AFTER you made this one...and I look at the one you quoted and it doesn't say that.

Sneaky sneaky Morrisey ;)

That's what he did. How would you know what he originally wrote unless you're Grand Slam himself?

danb
02-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Nadal can win as much as he wants - Fed will NEVER be humble.
Fed will always make comments like "one-dimensional game", "for sure I played better in my life", "I could/should have served better", etc.
He will never say "Nadal is the better player, he deserves to win".

Turning Pro
02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure why the fed fans are so irritated. I never specified the 07 tournament AT ALL. I implied if they ever met at the Austrailian Open then Fed would be humbled (hence the tears). Worse of all he couldn't even beat Nadal coming off the longest mens singles match in AO history after destroying Del Potro and Roddick with a days EXTRA rest. He couldn't had had an easier way of beating Nadal. Classic.