PDA

View Full Version : Roddick's training background?

na2b
07-20-2006, 08:23 AM
I was just wondering about Roddick's tennis background. If any of you know whether or not Roddick trained in a tennis academy (if so, where? if not, how did he train?) in his early years, please post a reply as I would very much like to know. Thanks =)

overspin2001
07-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Roddick was at Segusso, currently Evert tennis academy in Boca Raton, Jonh Evert was his coach, he left to train with a local pro in Boca, then, after loosing to Bogomolov in Kalamazoo, he found Tarik in Boca.

na2b
07-27-2006, 02:31 AM
When did he start training? When did he stopped training full-time and turned pro?

atatu
07-27-2006, 07:13 AM
He started playing in Austin, Texas, and spent several years following his brother around, before moving to Florida.

VictorS.
07-27-2006, 02:18 PM
It seems like for the most part, guys in the top 50-100 have all received top-notch coaching. Does anybody know of an example of a player who didn't? I know Blake didn't train at an academy. However, Brian Barker's been his coach since he was a young teen.

What about Younes El Ayanoui? I read somewhere that he was not a top player growing up however around age 18 he decided to go to bolletieri's and work part-time and train. That's a pretty interesting story.

tennisprofl
07-27-2006, 02:20 PM
one of my friends actually beat roddick while he was a junior player...i thought that was pretty cool